ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

International Ampitheatre, Chicago - June 20, 1972 1st Show
Unknown author with special thanks to Stoneslib
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Happy Most Depressing Day!! Return to archive
January 24th, 2005 09:44 AM
nankerphelge By Jennifer Carlile
Reporter
MSNBC
Updated: 1:51 a.m. ET Jan. 24, 2005LONDON - Is the midwinter weather wearing you down? Are you sinking in debt after the holidays? Angry with yourself for already breaking your New Year's resolutions? Wish you could crawl back under the covers and not have to face another day of rain, sleet, snow and paperwork? Probably. After all, it's Jan. 24, the “most depressing day of the year,” according to a U.K. psychologist.

January 24th, 2005 09:51 AM
Ten Thousand Motels The only thing I'm depressed about is this cold snap. My the heating oil in the tank is sinking fast and that stuff ain't cheap.
January 24th, 2005 09:51 AM
Zeeta What a load of shite eh!?!

Here is the theory:

JANUARY BLUES DAY FORMULA

1/8W+(D-d) 3/8xTQ MxNA.

Where:

W: Weather
D: Debt
d: Money due in January pay
T: Time since Christmas
Q: Time since failed quit attempt
M: General motivational levels
NA: The need to take action

Where's the "NWCS" for how many Newcastles you've had and "S" for amount of Stones heard today!?!?!?!?

Oh and the link ; http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4187183.stm

[Edited by Zeeta]
January 24th, 2005 10:12 AM
Moonisup monday sucks
January 24th, 2005 10:14 AM
FotiniD Well, I hope that's the worse this year can do... It IS Monday, it IS depressing, it IS raining and my new year's resolutions are fading fast...

And what on earth, I got a dentist appointment tonight, how lovely

But all that can change for the better in just a little minute's time. It really can.

*fingers crossed*
January 24th, 2005 10:22 AM
Joey

R.I.P. Johnny Carson !
January 24th, 2005 10:26 AM
nankerphelge Zeeta's right -- the formula is missing a lot of important variables -- the Newcastles, the Stones, chiba!

With the right amount of the above, even the most depressing days can be fun!
January 24th, 2005 10:46 AM
Nellcote Hate to rain on anyone's parade, however....
We Here In Patriot Nation are rather happy with this Monday!
In Bill We Trust!
January 24th, 2005 11:52 AM
glencar I must confess to feeling pretty depressed. Last week was fairly rough. The sun is shining today though.
January 24th, 2005 11:58 AM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
I must confess to feeling pretty depressed. Last week was fairly rough. The sun is shining today though.

John William Carson
( 1925 - 2005 )

R.I.P.

....He WILL be missed !

" Ed McMahon is on Larry King LIVE this evening Ronnie ! "

Jazzy !

January 24th, 2005 12:07 PM
glencar See, now that's depressing! Ed should grieve privately.
January 24th, 2005 12:22 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
See, now that's depressing! Ed should grieve privately.

Blue ................................

I think it is very safe to say that you will NOT be touching my Monkey anytime in the near future .

NINEA ABS SHAE MONKEE !!!!!!!

NINEA !
January 24th, 2005 01:38 PM
Lavendar Zeeta did you happen to watch "NUMB3RS" last night?? 1/8W+(D-d) 3/8xTQ MxNA.
January 24th, 2005 02:27 PM
Joey
quote:
Lavendar wrote:
Zeeta did you happen to watch "NUMB3RS" last night?? 1/8W+(D-d) 3/8xTQ MxNA.

Lavendar .....................................

You are my favorite girlfriend .

Baby Joe !
January 24th, 2005 02:48 PM
glencar Joey, did you catch "Desperate Housewives" last night? Isn't that Marcia Cross the breeze?
[Edited by glencar]
January 24th, 2005 02:51 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Joey, did you catch "Desperate Housewives" last night? Isn't that Marcia Cross the breeze?
[Edited by glencar]

Isn't that the new series starring Victoria Principal ?!
January 24th, 2005 02:57 PM
glencar No, that's former Knot's Landing hottie Nicollette Sheridan who now looks facially mangled but still has a hot bod.
January 24th, 2005 03:17 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
No, that's former Knot's Landing hottie Nicollette Sheridan who now looks facially mangled but still has a hot bod.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6504289/

" Carson helped Clinton turn it around
1988 news story remembers sax performance "

" LITTLE ROCK, Ark. - Arkansas Gov. Bill Clinton has gone from the media doghouse to media darling in one short week. And all it took was a smile, a few self-deprecating jokes and a song.

Clinton, panned for a Democratic convention speech that seemed like the last word in boredom when he nominated Michael Dukakis for president, has apparently made a comeback with his appearance Thursday with Johnny Carson on “The Tonight Show.”

Cable News Network on Friday cited the governor for the “fastest turnaround ever” on its weekly “Winners and Losers.”

Clinton, considered a rising political star, had been the big loser the previous week for his July 20 speech. “Clinton proved that being a good sport is the first step to political rehabilitation,” said Frederick Allen, a CNN political analyst.

Clinton traded quips with Carson and confided that his 35-minute nomination speech, which was interrupted by chants and less polite suggestions that he stop, was actually designed to make Dukakis look good.

He also took a turn on the saxophone, doing a passable rendition of “Summertime” with Doc Severinson and the NBC Orchestra.

“People who watch television love this kind of comeback story. He was so boyish and charming. I’m sure he won a lot of hearts,” said Tom Shales, syndicated television critic for The Washington Post.

E.J. Dionne, national political writer for The New York Times, said, “It may well be that Clinton had a bigger audience on Johnny Carson than he had at the convention.”

Not everybody was watching, though. Dukakis missed the broadcast, but Mark Gearan, Dukakis’ press secretary, said he did get favorable reports.

“It came as no surprise to him that Gov. Clinton went out of the ballpark,” Gearan said. "

©
January 24th, 2005 03:20 PM
glencar Wow, a report that quotes three of Clinton's biggest fellaters! Shales, Dionne & Gearan are 3 whores. I saw that episode of Carson & I was NOT impressed. Clintoon came off looking like a big dumb hick.
January 24th, 2005 03:23 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Clintoon ( egregious sic ) came off looking like a big dumb hick.

That was all part of " the act " .

Cass ! ™
January 24th, 2005 03:24 PM
glencar An act that he carried on for 8 stultifying years. Good riddance, ya dumb fuck!
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood