ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

International Ampitheatre, Chicago - June 20, 1972 1st Show
Unknown author with special thanks to Stoneslib
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Nev. Judge Throws Out Anti-Lap-Dance Law (NSC) Return to archive
January 23rd, 2005 05:24 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Nev. Judge Throws Out Anti-Lap-Dance Law

LAS VEGAS - A Las Vegas law prohibiting strippers from fondling customers during lap dances is unconstitutionally vague, a judge ruled. District Court Judge Sally Loehrer affirmed a lower court ruling that as many as five misdemeanor criminal cases filed against Las Vegas strippers should be dismissed.

Friday's ruling affects only dancers within city limits. The Clark County Commission in 2002 limited touching between strippers and patrons during private lap dances, specifically barring strippers from touching or sitting on the customer's genital area.

But the municipal code was not as specific, saying only that strippers and their patrons should not "fondle" or "caress" each other.

City attorneys told Loehrer touching is illegal when dancers engage in contact aimed at sexually arousing the customer. But defense lawyer James Colin argued the lack of specifics makes it impossible to enforce the law.

"It's too confusing," Colin said. "No one knows."

Under Loehrer's ruling, no dancer in the city can be arrested for violating the municipal code. The city is considering an appeal.
January 23rd, 2005 06:18 PM
Nasty Habits Boy, I hope they win on appeal!

It's getting so those strip joints are so sleazy, what with all that fondling and caressing going on, that I can't hardly bring myself to take the family anymore . . .

January 24th, 2005 01:42 PM
Lavendar "But defense lawyer James Colin argued the lack of specifics makes it impossible to enforce the law." Could you please explain specifics! LOL
January 24th, 2005 01:49 PM
glencar It's been a while but I seem to remember that the law was barely enforced when I was in Vegas.
[Edited by glencar]
January 24th, 2005 01:52 PM
not bound to please
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
specifically barring strippers from touching or sitting on the customer's genital area.

Um - isn't that what a lap dance is?
January 24th, 2005 02:06 PM
jb Remember getting a lap dance and the girl was lactating and squirted nipple milk in my hair..I was so pisses as I worked hrs on my dew before going out...
January 24th, 2005 02:12 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
Remember getting a lap dance and the girl was lactating and squirted nipple milk in my hair..I was so pisses as I worked hrs on my dew before going out...

was this during the mullet years?
January 24th, 2005 02:13 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

was this during the mullet years?

Yes....
January 24th, 2005 02:14 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
Yes....

outstanding!
January 24th, 2005 02:16 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

outstanding!

I had a mellow weekend...got into the 40's last night...I drank a bottle of White Zifandel and quietly went to bed....
January 24th, 2005 02:21 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
I had a mellow weekend...got into the 40's last night...I drank a bottle of White Zifandel and quietly went to bed....

being that violent snowstorms are the only time i have good vision, i drove all over the place. we went to a wake on saturday (just terrible!), visited the models of our new home and had lunch with my sister and her houseboy, met with the builder and played trivial pursuit 90's edition...what a weekend
January 24th, 2005 04:16 PM
SheRat
quote:
not bound to please wrote:

Um - isn't that what a lap dance is?

Not necessarily. In New Mexico, for example, there is a 12" law. You can do anything to the customer as long as you're 12 inches away from them at any given time. But, they call these lap dances anyways, because you usually can get away with touching your legs, at least to theirs, and it's not really a table dance because you're closer to the customer than typical table dance distance.

In SF, you can sit on the customer's lap, put your tits in their face, etc., but *they* are not allowed to touch *you.*

Depending on the girl, those rules are bent to breaking should the customer be a chick.

January 24th, 2005 04:18 PM
jb I have fingerd a dancer in the Champage room.....>
January 24th, 2005 04:28 PM
telecaster
quote:
SheRat wrote:

Not necessarily. In New Mexico, for example, there is a 12" law. You can do anything to the customer as long as you're 12 inches away from them at any given time. But, they call these lap dances anyways, because you usually can get away with touching your legs, at least to theirs, and it's not really a table dance because you're closer to the customer than typical table dance distance.

In SF, you can sit on the customer's lap, put your tits in their face, etc., but *they* are not allowed to touch *you.*

Depending on the girl, those rules are bent to breaking should the customer be a chick.

SheRat want to make a quick $20?
January 24th, 2005 04:30 PM
glencar Sounds like she's already "been there done that" if you know what I'm saying...
[Edited by glencar]
January 24th, 2005 04:30 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't realize that you were " back on the bottle " .

Developing ...................................

Shiver ........................................

Cass Elliot ! ™
January 24th, 2005 04:45 PM
SheRat
quote:
telecaster wrote:

SheRat want to make a quick $20?

You and I are still supposed to go to Diamond's. That place sounds crazy. You bring your own booze AND there's full nudity! I don't give a shit about full nudity, really. I prefer a little more burlesque, but being able to bring your own bottle? Now THAT is a strip club!
January 24th, 2005 04:54 PM
telecaster
quote:
SheRat wrote:

You and I are still supposed to go to Diamond's. That place sounds crazy. You bring your own booze AND there's full nudity! I don't give a shit about full nudity, really. I prefer a little more burlesque, but being able to bring your own bottle? Now THAT is a strip club!

Your stock is rising weekly with me SheRat

Diamond's is my (our)kind of place

Name the date and I will bring the booze

If I remember correctly you are a Jim Beam fan, no?
January 25th, 2005 12:18 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
jb wrote:
I have fingerd a dancer in the Champage room.....>

I hope you left a decent tip.
January 25th, 2005 02:14 PM
SheRat
quote:
telecaster wrote:

Your stock is rising weekly with me SheRat

Diamond's is my (our)kind of place

Name the date and I will bring the booze

If I remember correctly you are a Jim Beam fan, no?

Indeed, despite the presence of Stoli in my avatar, I am a Jim Beam drinker.

This trip to Diamonds will have to wait til the next time I'm in Chicago. Isn't there supposed to be some sort of RO summit this year in that fair city?
January 25th, 2005 02:18 PM
jb Yep..Tele is getting me a hot philipino to bang in the ass while attending the RO summitt..Must I supply my own dental dams?
January 25th, 2005 02:21 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
Yep..Tele is getting me a hot philipino to bang in the ass while attending the RO summitt..Must I supply my own dental dams?

Rascal House ?!?!

" How many friends have I really got?
You can count 'em on one hand
How many friends have I really got?
How many friends have I really got?
That love me, that want me, that'll take me as I am? "

Jacky Townshend ! ™

Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood