ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

International Ampitheatre, Chicago - June 20, 1972 1st Show
Unknown author with special thanks to Stoneslib
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAŅOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Who is on the cover of Tattoo You?.....From Ian Return to archive Page: 1 2
January 23rd, 2005 02:36 AM
IanBillen
I have always known it is not Mick on the cover of Tattoo You and used to even win bets on that. Is it David Bowies ex-girlfriend? I cannot remember.

Reguardless, How about RollingStones.com has a shirt listed for say in their fan store and lists the shirt as the "Mick Tattoo You" cover shirt.

Another one lists it as the Keith Tattoo You shirt.

Who is it?

Ian
January 23rd, 2005 03:01 AM
beer
quote:
IanBillen wrote:

I have always known it is not Mick on the cover of Tattoo You and used to even win bets on that. Is it David Bowies ex-girlfriend? I cannot remember.

Who is it?

Ian

I'm pretty sure it's O.J. Simpson.

-
January 23rd, 2005 03:02 AM
beer from beer

January 23rd, 2005 03:06 AM
IanBillen
Have another....beer
January 23rd, 2005 03:19 AM
beer ok, i want to hear your opinion on this one.

Are you talking about the front cover of the LP, and the back cover?
January 23rd, 2005 03:51 AM
IanBillen
quote:
beer wrote:
ok, i want to hear your opinion on this one.

Are you talking about the front cover of the LP, and the back cover?

Of-coarse not beer. I told you to slow it down. I am talking about the cover...meaning the very front of the album AKA "Front Cover".

Anyone knows it is Keith on the "Back Cover".

So who is on the front?

Ian
January 23rd, 2005 03:55 AM
beer
quote:
IanBillen wrote:

So who is on the front?

Ian

Ronnie James Dio?

-

January 23rd, 2005 03:58 AM
beer Evel Knievel???

Wink Martindale???

Haystack Calhoon???

---
January 23rd, 2005 04:34 AM
beer John Merrick?

Uriah heep?

One Eyed Willy?

Chester Copperpot?

El Chupacabra?

---
I give up. Who's on the cover of Tattoo You?

-
January 23rd, 2005 05:36 AM
Gazza
quote:
IanBillen wrote:

Reguardless, How about RollingStones.com has a shirt listed for say in their fan store and lists the shirt as the "Mick Tattoo You" cover shirt.

The name of that T-shirt should give you a good indication of who it is.

Looks like you might have to give back that money you won.

According to Angie Bowie, it IS indeed David's "ex-girlfriend" but Mick has always denied it.
January 23rd, 2005 09:17 AM
Riffhard Uhhh,it IS Mick Ian! Mick has even discussed the album cover in interviews. He said that even though the album is called Tattoo You he is glad that there was such a thing as computer graphics in 1981 because he could not have sat through the process of getting "all those fucking lines" drawn all over his face. It is indeed Mick,and you are right it's Keef on the backside.

Riffhard
January 23rd, 2005 09:31 AM
Bloozehound
quote:
beer wrote:

El Chupacabra?

El Chupacabra!!!

El Chupacabra!!!

El Chupacabra!!!
January 23rd, 2005 10:29 AM
LadyJane

It's MICK, Ian! It really is!

LJ.

January 23rd, 2005 10:43 AM
Snappy McJack
quote:
IanBillen wrote:
I have always known it is not Mick on the cover of Tattoo You and used to even win bets on that.

Who were these people you made bets with? Maybe I could find them and they can bet me that Neil Sadaka is on the cover of Goats Head Soup.

Hell, I've always known that Paul McCartney is really on the cover! After I win that, then we can make a bet about the Dirty Work cover! Yeah! Don't you think that the guys from Flock of Seagulls look great on that one?
January 23rd, 2005 11:17 AM
BILL PERKS IAN- YOU ARE GREAT ENTERTAINMENT.
January 23rd, 2005 11:39 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

It's MICK, Ian! It really is!

LJ.

Well if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...chances are it's a duck.
January 23rd, 2005 01:57 PM
glencar Has Ian admitted his latest faux pas yet?
January 23rd, 2005 02:06 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
Gazza wrote:

According to Angie Bowie, it IS indeed David's "ex-girlfriend" but Mick has always denied it.

January 23rd, 2005 04:31 PM
IanBillen
That is not Mick guys and gals. The reason I mention it is David Bowies ex-girlfriend is I believe there was somtehing to that story. The people I won bets on was when I was in fourth grade.

Still it is not Mick.

Ian
January 23rd, 2005 04:40 PM
Gazza Ian. It's Mick. 100% certain. OK?

aside from the reality that what we're all saying is factually accurate, think of it logically - someone not in the band on the front cover but KEITH on the back?

"I believe theres something to that story" is hardly grounds for a credible argument.
January 23rd, 2005 05:07 PM
IanBillen
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Ian. It's Mick. 100% certain. OK?

aside from the reality that what we're all saying is factually accurate, think of it logically - someone not in the band on the front cover but KEITH on the back?

"I believe theres something to that story" is hardly grounds for a credible argument.

It does not look like micks bones structure. Also those eyes are much too small to be Mick's. When Mick stated the line about computer graphics and there being too many lines on his face to put up with I think he was poking at the fact that everybody always thought it was him on the cover.

The cover artist who designed Tattoo You's art work's name is Peter Corriston. He won a grammy for the album's cover art. In Cream magazine he denied that it was Mick Jagger on the cover of Tattoo You yet would not expose who it really was.
He was being interviewed because of his famous art work on several major rock albums.

Ian
Ian
January 23rd, 2005 05:25 PM
Gazza well I've read interviews with Mick where he says he wasnt crazy about HIS pic on the cover and that he preferred the one of Keith!
January 23rd, 2005 05:42 PM
Bloozehound duuuude,

Ian are you cracked or sumthin?

It's clearly Mick Jagger

Who the fuck else would it be

LOL~!
January 23rd, 2005 05:46 PM
Moonisup c.h.u.c.k
January 23rd, 2005 05:47 PM
LadyJane Our chances of convincing Ian that Mick is INDEED on the cover of Tattoo You...are about the same as gorda's chances of spending a romantic evening with Mick Jagger!

Ain't gonna happen!!

beer..you crack me up!!!!!!!

LJ.
January 23rd, 2005 06:19 PM
iluvmickjagger07 at first i didnt notice it was mick but then i closely observed it and realized it was mick by looking at the lips. and also if keith is on the back most likely mick would be on the front
January 23rd, 2005 06:20 PM
BILL PERKS IAN IS BACK ON THE IDIOT LIST
January 23rd, 2005 06:43 PM
IanBillen
*Alright, here we go again folks. This ganging up thing again where everyone calls me an idiot for anything I write is old...and childish for people of your ages. I have my opinion and you have yours. I have been wrong before (and incidentally, so have alot of you concerning my posts, I choose to not make a huge deal of it)and I owned up to it. If I'm wrong this time it will be no different at least on my behalf.

Ok, well Mick was on the cover of Goats Head but Keith was not on the back of it. So what's the point? Charlie was on the cover of Love you Live but where was Mick? Again what is the point?

Secondly, I would be very surprised if solely Micks face would be chosen by anyone in The Stones camp to be on the cover of two Rolling Stones albums within eight years of each-other.

And thirdly I read this as a child. I'm not calling anyone a liar here. I just want to get to the bottum of it.

Ian

January 23rd, 2005 06:52 PM
beer
quote:
IanBillen wrote:

Ok, well Mick was on the cover of Goats Head but Keith was not on the back of it. So what's the point? Charlie was on the cover of Love you Live but where was Mick? Again what is the point?

You're joking, right?

-
January 23rd, 2005 06:55 PM
Bloozehound ok Ian, your right, we was just messin with ya

it isn't Jagger on the front cover of TY

It's really YNGWIE MALMSTEEN!
Page: 1 2
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood