ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

International Ampitheatre, Chicago - June 20, 1972 1st Show
Unknown author with special thanks to Stoneslib
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAŅOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Videos on Rollingstones.com Return to archive
January 22nd, 2005 09:52 PM
Gimme Shelter I was just on the official website going through the videos they have up online and they have one for "Worried About You". I had never seen this one before. They really need to put out a DVD set of their videos like Bowie did.
January 22nd, 2005 11:03 PM
kath they need to get a new jacket out. guess they have to decide on a tongue design for this tour.....

any ideas guys??????
January 23rd, 2005 01:23 PM
Gimme Shelter By Dean Goodman
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - The Rolling Stones' former label is gearing up to release a DVD featuring two live performances and the video clip for their 1968 comeback single "Jumpin' Jack Flash."

The disc will be included in ABKCO Records' final installment of a boxed-set trilogy reproducing all the band's early singles in miniaturized sleeves with original artwork. "The Rolling Stones Singles 1968-1971," boasting nine CDs, is set for U.S. release March 1 with a list price of $59.95.

The live performances on the DVD are of "Time is on My Side," from their 1964 appearance on "The Ed Sullivan Show," and "Have You Seen Your Mother, Baby, Standing in the Shadow?" from a September 1966 show at London's Royal Albert Hall. The DVD is rounded out by director Michael Lindsay-Hogg's clip for "Jumpin' Jack Flash," and a 2003 video that accompanied the Neptunes' remix of "Sympathy for the Devil."

The title notwithstanding, the box includes some singles released after the Stones split acrimoniously with ABKCO owner Allen Klein in 1972.

"I Don't Know Why"/"Try A Little Harder" and "Out of Time"/"Jiving Sister Fanny" were released in 1975 as singles from ABKCO's unauthorized odds-and-sods album "Metamorphosis."

Additionally, one CD contains four versions of "Sympathy for the Devil," which was originally recorded in 1968 and released as a U.K. single in 1976. That disc is rounded out by "Sympathy" remixes that were released in 2003 from the Neptunes, Fatboy Slim and Full Phatt.

One notable omission is the live version of Chuck Berry's "Let it Rock," which was issued as a bonus track on U.K. configurations of the 1971 "Sticky Fingers" single "Brown Sugar"/"Bitch." An ABKCO representative said the label did not seek to license the track from Virgin Records, which currently handles distribution of the Stones' catalog from "Sticky Fingers" onwards.

ABKCO declined to say what Stones projects it was working on now. The label has been uncharacteristically prolific in the past 18 months, sating fans with reissues of 22 early albums, and DVDs for "Rock and Roll Circus" and Jean-Luc Godard's arty film "Sympathy for the Devil." It also partnered with Virgin on the "40 Licks" hits album.

January 23rd, 2005 01:39 PM
kath "arty film sympathy..."

the only thing good about that movie was the recording session....

charlie sitting on the floor with a tamborine....
January 23rd, 2005 06:25 PM
iluvmickjagger07 are only members allowed to see the videos on rollingstones.com?
January 23rd, 2005 06:39 PM
KeithRichardsgrl
quote:
kath wrote:
"arty film sympathy..."

the only thing good about that movie was the recording session....

charlie sitting on the floor with a tamborine....

You talkin bout the Sympathy for the devil dvd? I got that dvd I only like the recording parts too.
January 23rd, 2005 08:33 PM
Gimme Shelter
quote:
iluvmickjagger07 wrote:
are only members allowed to see the videos on rollingstones.com?

I think so
January 23rd, 2005 09:00 PM
Soldatti
quote:
iluvmickjagger07 wrote:
are only members allowed to see the videos on rollingstones.com?

Paid them $100 and you can see ALL the videos...
January 24th, 2005 06:21 PM
iluvmickjagger07
quote:
Soldatti wrote:

Paid them $100 and you can see ALL the videos...

that sucks. it should be free
January 24th, 2005 08:41 PM
Soldatti
quote:
iluvmickjagger07 wrote:
that sucks. it should be free

Rolling Stones free?
Wrong band...
January 24th, 2005 11:00 PM
corgi37 Soldatti! hahaha. Soooooo true. God bless their greedy, black hearts.

That ABCKO thing sounds very crappy. I think i'll just sit here awhile, tapping my fingers, waiting for the new Stones cd.
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood