ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

International Ampitheatre, Chicago - June 20, 1972 1st Show
Unknown author with special thanks to Stoneslib
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAŅOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Mix In Different Performances - Live At iMax Return to archive
January 22nd, 2005 01:47 PM
Bruno Stone Yesterday i was watching Live At iMax VHS after a long time without seeing it. One thing always made me like this show: the guitars are audible. This can be odd to say, but watching Four Flicks and then watching Live At iMax...

Especially Sympathy For The Devil. I don`t know if it`s overdubbed, but that Keith solo always make me play air guitar. Killer. And the most importante, it`s loud. During that whole show we can hear the guitars very proeminent and strong. SFTD guitar mix in Four Flicks is terrible, besides Keith`s weak performance. By the way, to me the guitars sound in the Stadium Disc is very weak, sometimes i can hear nothing at all. Gimme Shelter, what a pity...

So, watching Live At iMax is a relief. Sad Sad Sad, YCAGWYW, SFTD, SFM, Satisfaction... all with great and AUDIBLE guitars.

What you think?
January 22nd, 2005 03:30 PM
Ronnie B. Wood you are right! four flicks is very guitarless. Listen to Bitch, i cant hear damn guitar riff because the fuckin' trumpets are playin' it! iMAX is great! Great guitar sound! STRONG!
January 22nd, 2005 03:41 PM
Ronnie B. Wood on voodoo lounge dvd they sound very good too, but imax is better
January 22nd, 2005 05:08 PM
Steel Wheels There are plenty of visual and audio overdubs for the Imax movie. I have footage of Keith dressed up in his various Steel Wheels clothes doing overdubs on a stage in LA with a re-recreated Steel Wheels stage.

The footage was broadcast on the ABC late night program, "In Concert."

American Cinematographer magazine also did an in depth production story on the film.
January 23rd, 2005 08:36 PM
Soldatti Bridges To Babylon DVD is the best for me, the sound is perfect.
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood