ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

International Ampitheatre, Chicago - June 20, 1972 1st Show
Unknown author with special thanks to Stoneslib
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAŅOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Old Habits in Being Mick ? Return to archive
January 21st, 2005 07:58 PM
gotdablouse Read a few weeks ago that Old Habits could be heard in Being Mick but after a close look today, no luck spotting it, anyone got the timing of wjen it appears ? Is it maybe an extra that wasn't shown on TV ?
Thanks
January 21st, 2005 08:34 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Probably in the Japanes version as it has (as always) bonus material, according to Nico Zentgraf's collectors corner the bonus consists in Three live performances from Mick's promo gig at L.A.'s El Rey Theater and also the promo video to "God Gave Me Everything" plus some interview snippets.

http://www.nzentgraf.de/books/news2002b.htm
January 22nd, 2005 07:50 AM
Monkey Woman It's on the "Being Mick" DVD, in the extra features section. Click on "Home movies" for the footage that wasn't used in the final version of the documentary. There is a bit with Mick working on an early version of OHDH with Dave Steward, sitting in a room. It's a short sequence. So the song was in existence as early as 2001, maybe 2000, in the period covered by the doco.

Mick was in the process of recording his last solo album, with a lot of guests, and I guess not all contributions were used, maybe for lack of time or interest, or just to keep something for later projects.

As Mick said at the Golden Globes, in the backstage intw, Dave and him like to work together but they don't have many outlets. (Mick could hardly bring a Dave Steward song to the Stones!)

But when Dave was asked to write a sountrack for Alfie, last year, he brought Mick in the project, so they probably dusted up a few demos, completed them and recorded them along with the new tracks. Listen closely to "Let's Make It Up", the first verse sounds a lot like "Don't Call Me Up".
January 23rd, 2005 12:23 AM
Bitch I'm surprised because MICK's interview said they wrote these songs specifically for the movie. You're saying the songs existed prior to the movie? Either they were working on this movie for a long time, or they made the pre-existing songs fit the movie. Which came first, the chicken or the egg?
January 23rd, 2005 06:35 AM
Monkey Woman You'll have to ask Mick and Dave for that
But I'd guess they made the pre-existing songs (or parts of songs) fit the movie. In moviemaking, soundtrack generally comes in at a late stage, when the film is more or less as it will be in theaters. Soundtracks have to fit the film, not the reverse.
January 23rd, 2005 12:47 PM
gotdablouse Thanks for the replies, I'll have to buy the DVD as I only have my old VCR of the original showing on TV.

Yes I felt they were being a bit cheeky in that interview (Mick started doin that with the "Tattoo You" promo in 81...) when discussing new songs, especially since Soldatti found that "Blind Leading the Blind" was a B-side for a DS single back in 1996 I believe or maybe 2000, it's on Nico's site too.

Incidentally, an unused DS / Macca song was used for a movie last year too ;-)
January 23rd, 2005 01:55 PM
glencar Dave Stewart also works with Macca? Oh, for the love of God!
January 23rd, 2005 06:41 PM
gotdablouse Yeah, not sure what this guy "has" on the old geezers...possibly some compromising pics ;-)
I guess they feel comfortable working with him although he seems to be a bit "out of it" himself...
January 23rd, 2005 08:49 PM
Soldatti
quote:
glencar wrote:
Dave Stewart also works with Macca? Oh, for the love of God!

At least he isn't working with Keith, yet...
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood