ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

International Ampitheatre, Chicago - June 20, 1972 1st Show
Unknown author with special thanks to Stoneslib
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: U2 World Tour To Kick Off In San Diego Return to archive Page: 1 2
January 21st, 2005 10:03 AM
Joey " U2 will kick off its 2005 world tour March 28 at the San Diego Sports Arena, Billboard can exclusively reveal. Kings Of Leon will open the first leg of the trek, tickets for which will begin going on sale Jan. 29. The tour, named Vertigo after the first single from U2's new Interscope album, "How To Dismantle an Atomic Bomb," will be officially announced Monday (Jan. 24).

"One of the great privileges of working with U2 is you get to go on the road with them," longtime manager Paul McGuinness tells Billboard. "We are, I suppose, that rarest of things: a major touring attraction that is still having number one records all over the world after 25 years."

Even though its kick-off is still two months away, Vertigo will likely be the top-grossing trek of 2005. Conservative estimates put the tour's gross potential at $225-$250 million from as many as 110 shows.

The first North American leg will run for two months and wrap in Boston in late May. Afterward, the tour will hit some 30 European stadiums, beginning June 10 in Brussels. The band will stay in Europe through mid-August, then return to North America for another run of 30 arena dates.

Ticket prices will average $90, including $49.50 on the low end and $165 on the high end. On the 2001 Elevation tour in support of the album "All That You Can't Leave Behind," the range was $45-$135.

As on that trek, the arena floor will be general admission for about 1,700-1,800 seats, depending on the building. And, like Elevation, the tour will feature unique production elements.

"This tour will be not unlike the last production in that the lowest priced tickets will be on the floor," says McGuinness. "The best seats are the cheapest, and we want people to get excited." He adds that details on distribution of floor tickets will be forthcoming. "Some will be on sale, some will be radio contest winners," McGuinness says.

It is possible some shows will be available as digital downloads. "We're exploring technology where it might be possible to download the show you've just seen," says McGuinness. "We've been talking to iTunes and the folks at Apple, with whom we have a great relationship, but it's not quite there yet. We're certainly looking at it."

A tour DVD is also likely. "We always do that," McGuinness says, "but that will come towards the latter end of the tour."

As reported yesterday, U2 is among the first acts confirmed to perform at the Grammys on Feb. 13 in Los Angeles. The group is nominated for three awards, including best rock song and best short form music video for "Vertigo." "

http://www.u2tours.com/news/article.src?ID=912

http://www.interference.com/u2109834/index.html

January 21st, 2005 10:07 AM
jb Notice the not so sublte attack on the Stones...I hate these fuckers and anyone who goes is not a real Stones fan....
January 21st, 2005 10:15 AM
Factory Girl Joey, your recent fancy with U2 is making Petey jealous.
January 21st, 2005 10:16 AM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
Notice the not so sublte attack on the Stones...I hate these fuckers and anyone who goes is not a real Stones fan....

" It's 'The Vertigo Tour', dates are announced on Monday, Kings of Leon are on board and U2.Com will have the itinerary first.

U2.Com has learnt that the band's 2005 'Vertigo Tour' will kick off on the west coast of the US in late March and arrive in Europe for the summer.

We've also had it confirmed that Kings of Leon, with their mesmerising brand of southern garage rock, will be playing support in the US. Keep checking back on U2.Com for more tour news - on Monday we'll publish the full tour announcement.

(We'll also be mailing U2.Com Members with details of how they can participate in the ticket presale next week)

http://www.u2.com/news/index.php?mode=full&news_id=1292 "

" Rumors: Denver
January 20, 2005
According to the Rocky Mountain News, U2 are now set to play the Pepsi Center on April 20 and 21. "

" U2, PART 2: The band is still mum on the "family illness" that pushed back its tour, but our dates didn't get pushed far. Watch for shows at the Pepsi Center on April 20 and 21. An official announcement is imminent, according to U2.com. "

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/news_columnists/article/0,1299,DRMN_86_3481246,00.html

January 21st, 2005 10:18 AM
Joey
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
Joey, your recent fancy with U2 is making Petey jealous.

Rumor has it that " THE CHAIRMAN OF THE BOARD " might induct U2 into the " Rock & Roll Hall of Fame " this March !

Word !

January 21st, 2005 10:20 AM
nankerphelge Joey -- have you seen this? Carly is probably very frisky -- strike while the iron is hot, m'boy!

PALO ALTO, Calif. (AP) - Hewlett-Packard Co., a leading maker of personal computers and printers, has agreed to pay $141 million to settle patent disputes with software maker Intergraph Corp., both companies announced Friday.
Hewlett-Packard, which also makes servers and software, said in a statement that it expects the settlement to reduce earnings for the first quarter of fiscal 2005 by about 3 cents per share. It will pay Huntsville, Ala.-based Intergraph by Jan. 28.

Hewlett-Packard shares fell 6 cents to $19.96 in early trading on the New York Stock Exchange.

The companies said in separate statements that they will immediately dismiss, withdraw or terminate all pending lawsuits while reserving the right to reinstate them. They also struck an agreement under which Hewlett-Packard is granted license to all Intergraph patents while Intergraph has license to all HP patents in fields covered by its current products.

Intergraph sued in 2002 claiming that Hewlett-Packard, Dell Inc. and Gateway Inc. violated patents related to systems using Intel Corp. chips. Related settlements were reached last year with Intel, Dell and Gateway.

Palo Alto-based Hewlett-Packard had been in litigation with Intergraph in both U.S. federal court and in the European Union.

Intergraph said it would record about $11 million in legal expenses for the first quarter of 2005 to offset the settlement.

"We believe that the settlement with HP is in the best interest of our shareholders, and we are pleased to have received a license to HP's extensive patent portfolio for our fields of business," said Intergraph CEO and President Halsey Wise.

Intergraph, which has more than 3,000 employees in 60 countries, specializes in graphics software to make maps, build and operate factories and ships, dispatch emergency service and manage infrastructure.

[Edited by nankerphelge]
January 21st, 2005 10:28 AM
Joey

Nanky ..................................

I have been EXTREMELY constipated all morning and find it very difficult to concentrate on any one activity ( project )

J

January 21st, 2005 10:38 AM
nankerphelge I'll call Carly right now and have her come down to your cubicle and help work out your problem!
January 21st, 2005 10:41 AM
Joey
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
I'll call Carly right now and have her come down to your cubicle and help work out your problem!

Bless You My Son ! ™
January 21st, 2005 10:47 AM
glencar List of U2 dates?
January 21st, 2005 10:48 AM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
List of U2 dates?

Hi Blue .................................

Monday Morning over at www.U2.com & www.Christishake.com

[Edited by Joey]
January 21st, 2005 10:48 AM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
Notice the not so sublte attack on the Stones...I hate these fuckers and anyone who goes is not a real Stones fan....

Could this be the event that causes the division of the powerful duo known as DJ jazzy Joe and the Fresh prince of Boca Raton?
January 21st, 2005 11:03 AM
glencar Nah, they'll plug that hole when it rises up...
January 21st, 2005 11:05 AM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Nah, they'll plug that hole when it rises up...

When visiting New York, I really enjoyed Mott street.....the family style servings were generous and very tasty!!!
January 21st, 2005 11:07 AM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
When visiting New York, I really enjoyed Mott street.....the family style servings were generous and very tasty!!!

this would only contribute to Joeys gas problem
January 21st, 2005 11:13 AM
jb MY little "Monsrter"kept me up all lastnight as he wanted treats..I finally put him in bed with us at 1:50 a.m and he conveniently spread his little frame all on my side....he is lucky I love him more than anything ....
January 21st, 2005 11:15 AM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
MY little "Monsrter"kept me up all lastnight as he wanted treats..I finally put him in bed with us at 1:50 a.m and he conveniently spread his little frame all on my side....he is lucky I love him more than anything ....

My precious Molly woke me up at 330 twice this week to let her out to take a dump....then last night after i got home from my gig, i woke her up to put her outside and she headed right for the food dish. SHe is also lucky
January 21st, 2005 11:50 AM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Nah, they'll plug that hole when it rises up...

In another life I was a conductor on the L.I.R.R.
January 21st, 2005 11:53 AM
glencar You ever ride that thing? Horrid. But I guess it beats driving in.
January 21st, 2005 12:10 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
You ever ride that thing? Horrid. But I guess it beats driving in.

I hear the bathrooms are surprisingly clean and that the L.I.R.R. " sanitation men " make decent salaries .
January 21st, 2005 12:30 PM
Nellcote But Joey, The Chairman of the Board is dead?
He did sing a duet with Bono, however, is this
some cruel Ted Turner colorizing joke?
I going to see my mother now, she's Frank's biggest
fan, to see if she knows about this show...
By the way, I have it on good authority the "Bus"
will not make pickups this Sunday in Pittsburgh,
as "The Mind of Belichick" will be present...
January 21st, 2005 01:02 PM
glencar
quote:
Joey wrote:

I hear the bathrooms are surprisingly clean and that the L.I.R.R. " sanitation men " make decent salaries .

Joey, the LIRR cleaners make $100K+! Izzat enough to make you leave your square state?
January 21st, 2005 01:36 PM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:

Joey, the LIRR cleaners make $100K+! Izzat enough to make you leave your square state?

Mrs. Pug is now making me clean one of the bathrooms over some outrageous claim of "poor aim"
January 21st, 2005 01:42 PM
glencar Um, do you hold it down?
January 21st, 2005 01:48 PM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
Um, do you hold it down?

i do my best, but severly impaired vision plays a sad, but true role. Its time to start using both hands.
January 21st, 2005 02:06 PM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:

January 21st, 2005 02:06 PM
jb http://members4.boardhost.com/Thulium/msg/42176.html

wHAT IS THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????
January 21st, 2005 02:10 PM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:

could you point out the "not so subtle attack" you're referring to, for the less-obsessive and not-quite-as-easily-upset of us out here who may have missed it?

I've seen U2 4 times. I've seen the Stones 34 times so I'm not a real Stones fan, I guess.

At the Zooropa show I was at in Dublin in 1993, Mick Jagger was sitting a few rows away from me. I suppose he isn't a Stones fan either, then.
January 21st, 2005 02:11 PM
jb lARRY kING lIVE INTERVIEW AND THEIR REP AGAIN INSINUATING THEY ARE RELEVANT WITH A #1 HIT COMPARED TO THE STONES....
January 21st, 2005 02:11 PM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:
http://members4.boardhost.com/Thulium/msg/42176.html

wHAT IS THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????

sounds like Maxy has launched another site!
Page: 1 2
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood