ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

International Ampitheatre, Chicago - June 20, 1972 1st Show
Unknown author with special thanks to Stoneslib
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith Richards Sees Ripper! Return to archive
January 21st, 2005 06:25 AM
Zeeta By ROBIN PERRIE
A BUTCHER told yesterday of the moment he saw the hooded Yorkshire Ripper during his day out from Broadmoor.

Keith Richards, said Peter Sutcliffe stood with head bowed on a gale-swept pier — paying tribute to his late dad.
January 21st, 2005 11:16 AM
jb Thanks Zeeta__________________________?
January 21st, 2005 11:23 AM
glencar They let that guy out on a regular basis? WTF?
January 21st, 2005 12:57 PM
kath glencar, how's your ear today?
January 21st, 2005 01:00 PM
glencar Ear's okay as far as that goes. I'm due to have this whopping bandage taken off on Monday so it's another 3 days of sitting around the house all drugged up. I can't really read much or even watch much so it's gotten pretty dull. I've caught up on some sleep for at least a year!
[Edited by glencar]
January 21st, 2005 01:50 PM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
They let that guy out on a regular basis? WTF?

No..they didnt. He's been in jail for well over 20 years and this was the first time he's ever seen outside a prison wall in that time (mind you, as the bastard is blind in one eye and half blind in the other after a fellow inmate took a knife to him a few years ago, I doubt he'd have seen very much)

Its a bit odd, because they didnt let him out for his fathers funeral but they took him 250 miles at dawn with five armed guards to stand on a beach for 30 minutes where his father's ashes were scattered.

No way on earth will Sutcliffe ever be released. He wouldnt last five minutes anyway if he was.
January 21st, 2005 01:54 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Gazza wrote:

No..they didnt. He's been in jail for well over 20 years and this was the first time he's ever seen outside a prison wall in that time (mind you, as the bastard is blind in one eye and half blind in the other after a fellow inmate took a knife to him a few years ago, I doubt he'd have seen very much)

Its a bit odd, because they didnt let him out for his fathers funeral but they took him 250 miles at dawn with five armed guards to stand on a beach for 30 minutes where his father's ashes were scattered.

No way on earth will Sutcliffe ever be released. He wouldnt last five minutes anyway if he was.

that guy should have never gotten out for anything, i hope they put him back in and forget about him.
January 21st, 2005 01:57 PM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
Ear's okay as far as that goes. I'm due to have this whopping bandage taken off on Monday so it's another 3 days of sitting around the house all drugged up. I can't really read much or even watch much so it's gotten pretty dull. I've caught up on some sleep for at least a year!
[Edited by glencar]

how the fuck did you manage to do that? Wife whack ya for talkin' when you shoulda been listenin'?
January 21st, 2005 01:59 PM
glencar LOL No, I been good. I developed it over several years of not doing enough about various ear ailments. I hate quoting Jimmy Buffet but, "It's my own damn fault!" Never again! Now Gerardo begins!
January 21st, 2005 02:03 PM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
LOL No, I been good. I developed it over several years of not doing enough about various ear ailments. I hate quoting Jimmy Buffet but, "It's my own damn fault!" Never again! Now Gerardo begins!

i hope you feel better, i waited on getting my eyes taken care of, now i have a painful surgery ahead of me due to my own negligence, so i feel for you!
January 21st, 2005 02:04 PM
glencar Good luck! I had Lasik last year so now I see 20/20. Best thing I ever did for my eyes.
January 21st, 2005 02:17 PM
Gazza wow..thats too bad, well I hope things work out better for you both
January 21st, 2005 02:19 PM
glencar Thanks! Are you listening to VC?
January 21st, 2005 02:31 PM
Gazza Yes. The bastard hasnt mentioned me yet. Unless I missed it.

It's also worth mentioning that it's the first time I've ever heard Gerardo speak whilst seemingly sober.
[Edited by Gazza]
January 21st, 2005 02:34 PM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
Good luck! I had Lasik last year so now I see 20/20. Best thing I ever did for my eyes.

lasik wont fix me, i need corneal transplants, but i will wait as long as i can (maybe a couple of years), but thanks for the well wishes, lets wish glencar a speedy recovery!

my craptastic computer wont let me hear the sober one speak, so i will need a full report!
January 21st, 2005 02:37 PM
caro He mentioned you at the very beginning! Gary de Belfast! ¡Si!
January 21st, 2005 02:44 PM
glencar Can't You Hear Me Knocking (Live)!
January 21st, 2005 02:49 PM
Factory Girl Has VooChaCha played FG yet?
January 21st, 2005 02:51 PM
Gazza
quote:
caro wrote:
He mentioned you at the very beginning! Gary de Belfast! ¡Si!

Bugger! I missed it! Fame at last!
January 21st, 2005 02:59 PM
glencar I think I heard "jewish" "Lawyer" "miami" & "annoying" too!
January 21st, 2005 03:06 PM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
I think I heard "jewish" "Lawyer" "miami" & "annoying" too!

that would be in reference to jb?
January 21st, 2005 03:09 PM
glencar Bingo!
January 21st, 2005 03:13 PM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
Bingo!

they play a lot of bingo in Miami
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood