ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

International Ampitheatre, Chicago - June 20, 1972 1st Show
Unknown author with special thanks to Stoneslib
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAŅOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Alfie Return to archive
January 20th, 2005 10:58 PM
Bitch Here's the link to the soundtrack
http://www.alfiesoundtrack.com/

I love the CD, plus I loved JUDE LAW and the cast of the movie. One question to those who saw the movie:Whose baby was it, Alfie's or Marlon's??? I did not think that baby looked anything like Alfie, but more like Marlon. Any thoughts???
January 20th, 2005 11:01 PM
glencar I'll wait for the DVD release next month!
January 20th, 2005 11:09 PM
telecaster This is what he won an award for?

This would be a throw away on a 80's Stones throwaway album

Does anyone still play a thing called guitar?

What is this shit?

Keyboardcity
January 21st, 2005 04:25 AM
Monkey Woman
quote:
telecaster wrote:
Does anyone still play a thing called guitar?

What is this shit?

Keyboardcity

You obviously didn't see the film or listen to the disc, which have acoustic versions of OHDH and Blind Leading The Blind.
I'll add that Mick and Dave both play guitar on the songs (Mick acoustic), and there are 4 or 5 cool instrumentals with Mick on harp, percussions and/or guitar. This is 2005, not 1965, so we have keyboards plus guitars! Best of both worlds, I'd say.
January 21st, 2005 04:50 AM
Zack
quote:
Bitch wrote:

Whose baby was it, Alfie's or Marlon's???

I presumed it was Alfie's, since he's the one who did the dirty work of taking her to the clinic.

Aside: Mick Jagger's voice is not heard in this movie until minute 44.
January 21st, 2005 04:59 AM
Monkey Woman *spoiler warning*
Alfie's the father. Look at Marlon and Lonette, the baby has European features. Lonette said she had a change of heart at the clinic because she couldn't be sure at the time who the father was. She told everything to Marlon, who stayed with her and the baby, but he will never forgive his "friend" Alfie, of course.
January 21st, 2005 05:55 AM
Zeeta The original of Alfie pisses all over this shitty rehash!

Michael Caine is the shit, Jude Law is a pussy!
January 21st, 2005 09:17 AM
gorda I think Michael Caine is sexy!
January 21st, 2005 12:39 PM
Fuc*ing Andrew Alfie? Isn't that the guy on Mad magazine?
January 21st, 2005 12:44 PM
Fuc*ing Andrew
Alfie
January 21st, 2005 01:41 PM
voodoopug the song is a good song.

i am ready to accept your fire Joshy
January 21st, 2005 08:47 PM
Soldatti
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
the song is a good song.

The song is a good song, the problem is that Mick Jagger from the damm Rolling Stones wrote that song...
January 22nd, 2005 11:15 PM
Bitch Mick & Dave Stewart (Eurithmics) wrote that song. The soundtrack is good as far as movie soundtracks go, if you like them. The award was for best song written for a movie, OLD HABITS DIE HARD. MICK looked great at the Golden Globe's with girlfriend L'wren at his side.

January 23rd, 2005 08:34 PM
Soldatti I just saw the show, Mick was great.
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood