ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

International Ampitheatre, Chicago - June 20, 1972 1st Show
Unknown author with special thanks to Stoneslib
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAŅOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rocks Off on LIVE LICKS & 4 FLICKS Return to archive
January 20th, 2005 10:17 PM
Bitch Hello to everyone lovin' LIVE LICKS disc 2. ROCKS OFF is my favorite song on the CD. Does anyone know why they cut out in the middle of the song "the sunshine bores the daylights out of me"? On 4 flicks it's there, but didn't they take the CD from the DVD??? Could it have been edited out because of the song length? I love the live version but I wish it was there. Has anyone else noticed this?
January 21st, 2005 03:37 PM
voodoopug my only guess is that they were originally planning on making this a single disc an edited the song just as they did on Forty Licks to fit them. When they decided to make it a double album, i bet this was overlooked or time deadlines did not allow them to go back and correct this horrendous oversight
January 21st, 2005 03:40 PM
jb Disgusting, non-forgivable, horendous, total crap....the whole album was so bad I just gave it away after spending the 29.99 for it.........................>
January 21st, 2005 03:42 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
Disgusting, non-forgivable, horendous, total crap....the whole album was so bad I just gave it away after spending the 29.99 for it.........................>

but you gave it to a very nice person
January 21st, 2005 04:04 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

but you gave it to a very nice person

Indeed....
January 21st, 2005 04:07 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
Indeed....

January 21st, 2005 04:18 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Joey wrote:

Joey is very calm, he must have solved his bowel troubles!
January 21st, 2005 04:25 PM
Joey
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Joey is very calm, he must have solved his bowel troubles!

*********** END TRANSMISSION *************
January 21st, 2005 04:41 PM
BILL PERKS I AGREE WITH THE BOWEL BROS. LIVE LICKS IS GREED AT ITS WORST.
January 21st, 2005 04:45 PM
Joey
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
I AGREE WITH THE BOWEL BROS. LIVE LICKS IS GREED AT ITS WORST.

January 21st, 2005 04:51 PM
glencar The "Rocks Off" thing is indeed tragic but the #2 CD is awesome otherwise.
January 21st, 2005 05:01 PM
Riffhard From what I have read the reason that Rocks Off has that horrible edit is because the band kind of broke down at that point and the song turned into a complete mess before they got back on track. The thing is that the edit is sooo blatent that is amaturish. It is far from a proper seamless edit to be sure. I'm damned embarrased for them every time I hear it.

Riffhard
January 21st, 2005 05:03 PM
Joey
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
From what I have read the reason that Rocks Off has that horrible edit is because the band kind of broke down at that point and the song turned into a complete mess before they got back on track. The thing is that the edit is sooo blatent that is amaturish. It is far from a proper seamless edit to be sure. I'm damned embarrased for them every time I hear it.

Riffhard

January 21st, 2005 05:06 PM
Phog Riffhard is correct. On Four Flicks they flub that portion of the song. It's not a horrible flub, but it is a flub. They should've just used another, mistake-free version rather than the butcher job they gave us. Other than that, I think Live Licks is alright.
January 21st, 2005 05:32 PM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
The "Rocks Off" thing is indeed tragic but the #2 CD is awesome otherwise.

very true.

Perks: you are killing me, this thread has me laughing my bloated ass off!
January 21st, 2005 09:08 PM
Soldatti Their worst live album? I don't think so, No Security is even worse, Still Life is weak, short, impotent...and Got Live If You Want It is a mess.
January 22nd, 2005 10:23 AM
egon
quote:
Phog wrote:
They should've just used another, mistake-free version rather

Right! So why didn't they...?
January 22nd, 2005 11:02 AM
Moonisup
quote:
egon wrote:

Right! So why didn't they...?

didn't got any? (A)
January 22nd, 2005 12:45 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
From what I have read the reason that Rocks Off has that horrible edit is because the band kind of broke down at that point and the song turned into a complete mess before they got back on track. The thing is that the edit is sooo blatent that is amaturish. It is far from a proper seamless edit to be sure. I'm damned embarrased for them every time I hear it.

Riffhard

Yeah Riff.... complete amateur's job. I bet mac_daddy could had done better using SoundForge or any app for this purpose.
[Edited by J.J.Flash]
January 22nd, 2005 12:50 PM
J.J.Flash ....and I'm proud to say that I (and dutch F505) haven't bought this....errrrrr...have you dutch fellow?!?!
January 22nd, 2005 12:50 PM
Madafaka That tune edited is a piece of crap. I really hate it.
January 23rd, 2005 04:00 PM
CousinCocaine There is absolutely no big mistake in RO's middlepart !
For shure not more than in many other tracks that remain on the album. So there is no real reason to make any cut . And its such a disgust !!

And I like that album !!
January 23rd, 2005 05:11 PM
Phog Well, just the other day I listened to cds ripped directly from the dvd and there most certainly is a mix up during that part of the song. It don't sound that bad (better than the edit), but it's there.
January 23rd, 2005 08:41 PM
Soldatti I'm listening the CD right now by first time in a month and it sound VERY good with great versions of SFM, PIB and IORR so far...
January 24th, 2005 10:23 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Phog wrote:
Riffhard is correct. On Four Flicks they flub that portion of the song. It's not a horrible flub, but it is a flub. They should've just used another, mistake-free version rather than the butcher job they gave us. Other than that, I think Live Licks is alright.

to save money by not having to remix anything as they just basically used the mixes from Four Flicks
January 24th, 2005 10:43 AM
gimmekeef Give me the Crystal Cat boot version of the Cirkus show anyday...thats all I need!
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood