ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

International Ampitheatre, Chicago - June 20, 1972 1st Show
Unknown author with special thanks to Stoneslib
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ouch! Return to archive
January 20th, 2005 10:09 AM
nankerphelge

<------- That hurts!

MINA, Saudi Arabia — Shuffling slowly but smoothly, huge crowds of people hurled pebbles Thursday at pillars representing Satan, symbolically stoning the devil in a final ritual of their pilgrimage, while Muslims at the hajj (search) and around the world slaughtered sheep, cows and camels to mark the Feast of the Sacrifice (search) holiday.

Most of the 2 million pilgrims were expected to begin carrying out the ritual later in the day, historically one of the most dangerous because of stampedes as pilgrims elbow their way close to the pillars, then return to Mecca to circle the holy Kaaba in the final ritual of the pilgrimage. Others would wait or return in the coming days, drawing out their spiritual journey through Saturday.

January 20th, 2005 10:11 AM
Joey " Walking in rhythm
Movin' in sound
Hummin' to the music
Trying to move on
I'm walking in rhythm
Singin' my song
Thinkin' about my baby
Tryin' to get home

Walking in rhythm
Movin' in sound
Hummin' to the music
Tryin' to move on

It's been so long since I seen her
I'm tired and so all alone
I've travelled so very far
I've got to get back home
Got to get back home

It's been so long since I seen her
I'm tired and so all alone
I've travelled so very far
I've got to get back home
Got to get back home

Walking in rhythm
Movin' in sound
Hummin' to the music
Tryin' to move on
I'm walking in rhythm
Singin' my song
Thinkin' about my baby
Tryin' to get home "

January 20th, 2005 10:17 AM
gypsy
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:

<------- That hurts!

MINA, Saudi Arabia — Shuffling slowly but smoothly, huge crowds of people hurled pebbles Thursday at pillars representing Satan, symbolically stoning the devil in a final ritual of their pilgrimage, while Muslims at the hajj (search) and around the world slaughtered sheep, cows and camels to mark the Feast of the Sacrifice (search) holiday.

Most of the 2 million pilgrims were expected to begin carrying out the ritual later in the day, historically one of the most dangerous because of stampedes as pilgrims elbow their way close to the pillars, then return to Mecca to circle the holy Kaaba in the final ritual of the pilgrimage. Others would wait or return in the coming days, drawing out their spiritual journey through Saturday.

I say we take Joey's private jet and drop some bombs on those sheep-sacrificing bastards!
January 20th, 2005 10:35 AM
Monkey Woman We should also throw jb, he'll have them demoralized soon.
January 20th, 2005 03:35 PM
Joey

I'm a little ...... how you say ?!?! ...... " Irregular " today ................and you ?!
January 20th, 2005 03:36 PM
nankerphelge Try a few minutes at Maxlugar.com!

That'll straighten yer ass out good!
January 20th, 2005 03:46 PM
Joey
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Try a few minutes at Maxlugar.com!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
January 20th, 2005 08:35 PM
gypsy
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Try a few minutes at Maxlugar.com!

HOWE GAY!
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood