ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

International Ampitheatre, Chicago - June 20, 1972 1st Show
Unknown author with special thanks to Stoneslib
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAŅOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Who played guitar on State Of Shock live album? Return to archive
January 20th, 2005 09:03 AM
Ronnie B. Wood ?
January 20th, 2005 12:03 PM
Gazza what "State of shock" live album do you mean?

Mick's only performance of it was at Live Aid with Tina Turner. Is that the version you mean?

They were backed by Hall & Oates' band at Live Aid. G.E. Smith played lead guitar on that performance as far as I can recall.
January 20th, 2005 02:22 PM
Ronnie B. Wood Jagger's live album from 1993.
there are 15 tracks:
01 gimme shelter
02 start me up
03 brown sugar
04 jumpin jack flash
05 satisfaction
06 stomp
07 importu jam
08 lonley at the top
09 miss you
10 state of shock
11 its only rock n roll
12 just another night
13 honky tonk women
14 ycagwyw
15 foxy lady
January 20th, 2005 02:30 PM
voodoopug Mick only played one show in 1993 at Webster Hall. This looks like songs performed during his 88 Austrailia tour. Was Jeff Beck playing with him then?
January 20th, 2005 02:40 PM
Ronnie B. Wood i dont think so... jeff beck refused offer for touring with mick because mick's offer was funny... and jeff pissed off!
this record isnt bad at all... stones songs are very fast, and they are very good, and foxy lady is greaaat!
January 20th, 2005 03:00 PM
Gazza There's no official live album by Mick. So this must be a bootleg

The track listing looks like it comes from the '88 Australian tour...."Stomp" and the jam were two tracks especially recorded as the intro and outro to a TV concert special filmed on that tour.

The guitarists on the tour were Joe Satriani and Jimmy Rip.

Some of the track listing looks like it was taken from Live Aid. Mick didnt play State of Shock apart from at that show, and at Live Aid he also played Lonely at the top, Just another night, IORR etc
[Edited by Gazza]
January 20th, 2005 03:00 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Ronnie B. Wood wrote:
i dont think so... jeff beck refused offer for touring with mick because mick's offer was funny... and jeff pissed off!
this record isnt bad at all... stones songs are very fast, and they are very good, and foxy lady is greaaat!

This is not an official release, but it is a decent album. I am not sure who played guitar on that show, it would be nice to know
January 20th, 2005 03:14 PM
Madafaka Yeah, in Australia he played with Joe Satriani. I got excellent bootlegs of that date.
January 20th, 2005 03:22 PM
Ronnie B. Wood here is front cover:

state of shock and its only rock n roll are with Tina Turner!
This album is damn good!
January 20th, 2005 03:23 PM
Ronnie B. Wood he looks like a commercial for a tooth-brush...
lol
January 20th, 2005 03:27 PM
Ronnie B. Wood and on miss you jagger said: you're very kind, thank you philadelphia, i guess this is live compilation...
January 20th, 2005 03:46 PM
glencar So then it's G.E. Smith.
January 20th, 2005 08:45 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Ronnie B. Wood wrote:
15 foxy lady

Damm good version!
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood