ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

International Ampitheatre, Chicago - June 20, 1972 1st Show
Unknown author with special thanks to Stoneslib
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAŅOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Chris Jagger researching family tree in Australia Return to archive
January 19th, 2005 10:32 AM
Jaxx Jagger searches for Sydney roots

Daily Telegraph
January 20, 2005

TO Chris Jagger, his famous Rolling Stone brother Mick is just one branch of a twining family tree.

"In a family everybody's important," Jagger, Mick's younger brother, told music writer Stephen Downie yesterday.

Grounded . . . Chris Jagger, brother of Rolling Stone Mick in Sydney yesterday. Picture: CRAIG GREENHILL

Himself an acclaimed blues musician, Jagger is in Australia partly to tour, partly to chronicle his family's Sydney origins.

Jagger's mother Eva, who died in 2000, was born in Petersham and lived in Marrickville before emigrating with her family to England.

Her father Alf Scutts and mother Gertrude had made the move to Australia from England in 1912.

However, just five years later the family were back on a ship bound for England.

"I don't think she [Gertrude] liked it in Australia. One reason given was that she thought it was too hot," Jagger said.

Mr Scutts did not make the return journey with his family, staying behind to continue work as a boat builder at Garden Island.

"My mother never saw her father again. It's a bit sad, really," Jagger said.

"I would like to find out what really happened. It's all a bit of a mystery."

Growing up, Jagger said both he and his brother were turned on by the "tremendous kind of sexual energy" of blues players like Muddy Waters.

"In white middle class England that sort of thing was totally lacking," he said.

"A lot of European music is pretty boring, really. It's only when it gets a bit Africanised that it gets a bit interesting."

As the Jaggers grew up and Mick found fame with the Stones, Chris said his family treated the brothers the same.

"Families are good for keeping your feet on the ground," he said.

Jagger, who contributed to the Stones' albums Dirty Work and Steel Wheels, has a new album due out later this year, called Garoosh.

He heads to Tamworth today to play shows at the Tamworth Country Music Festival.

January 19th, 2005 09:34 PM
corgi37 Ah ha! Too late! I posted this ages ago! I heard him LIVE on the radio. hahahahaha.

I win. I win.
January 19th, 2005 09:41 PM
corgi37 Oh, and another thing. A bloke who supported him on some Jagger's Melbourne shows plays at "MY" club every Wednesday night!

Jimi 'THE HUMAN' Hocking.

SIA might remember him. Hocking was trying to be the next Hendrix in the early 90's. He was briefly in Aussie band SCREAMING JETS.

He's a great guitar player. Just ask him! Or, F.I.G.J.A.M.

IE: Fuck I'm Good, Just Ask Me! hahahahaha.

Wanker!
January 20th, 2005 04:45 AM
Gazza
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Ah ha! Too late! I posted this ages ago! I heard him LIVE on the radio. hahahahaha.

I win. I win.

the date of the article is 20.1.05, so is it a re-hash or a completely new article?
January 20th, 2005 11:10 AM
J.J.Flash Heck....Chris is younger but he looks really older.....

Hey Corgi, help them on this research. Who knows... maybe you have any connection with the Jaggers.....you must be proud of that.....
January 21st, 2005 11:58 AM
Jaxx
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Ah ha! Too late! I posted this ages ago! I heard him LIVE on the radio. hahahahaha.
I win. I win.

this post is an update to your SHOUT OUT located here http://novogate.com/board/968/207075-1.html where you commented on jagger being in australia and some facts you heard on a radio interview.

my mistake was posting the article by itself and not adding it to your shout out--to answer gazza, this article is an UPDATE on chris jagger's australian tour along with quotes and interesting family information.

i'm sorry, you what? won? forgive me for not realizing there was a contest going on. i don't need this crap for posting on my own board.
[Edited by Jaxx]
January 24th, 2005 09:44 PM
corgi37 Bit sensitive, aint ya? Read the other Chris Jagger thread. I've just re-read what insulted you, and fuck me if i can see anything aimed at you in a malicious way.

Sorry if you mis-read or mistook what i was trying to say. Nothing was aimed at you, except a little fun poking because i heard Jagger live on Melbourne radio here about a week before you posted your post.

I dont insult anyone on here. Unless i want to and they deserve it. You dont qualify on either count.

Except for your extra-sensitivity! Which i will forgive.

Again, sorry if i offended you, no matter how unintentional. I thought i was one of the sweetest posters here.
[Edited by Gazza]
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood