ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

International Ampitheatre, Chicago - June 20, 1972 1st Show
Unknown author with special thanks to Stoneslib
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: newly transferred cassette source: october 14, 1981 Return to archive
January 17th, 2005 08:44 PM
mac_daddy many thanks to T&A for the cassettes!
the torrent is at thetradersden.org - if you haven't registered ther yet, you certainly should...

here is the link

hopefully, some of you tech-savvy types who download these things will offer a vine or two up back to the board members...
_____

the Rolling Stones
The Kingdome (Seattle, WA)
Wednesday, October 14, 1981

These FLACs come from a digital transfer I made from a set of 2 cassettes, which contain most (all?) of the Rolling Stones' performance on Wednesday, October 14, 1981. No information regarding microphones, analog recording equipment, or lineage of the cassettes has been provided to me.

source: 2x Maxell UD XLII C90 cassette* (ANA x?)

transfer: Cassette playback via Nakamichi Dr-1 (RCAout) > DIY patchcord (1m) > Sony SBM-1 (line-in) @ 48 kHz [Oade line stage mod] > Oade 7-pin cable (passive) > Monster Interlink IDL100 (1m) > maudio ap2496 (S/PDIFin) > WAV > Resample/Dither (48 > 44.1 kHz) > CDwave / shntool (tracking) > FLAC

d1t01 Under My Thumb [4:02]
d1t02 When the Whip Comes Down [4:51]
d1t03 Let’s Spend the Night Together [4:28]
d1t04 Shattered [4:40]
d1t05 Neighbors [4:04]
d1t06 Black Limousine [3:22]
d1t07 (Just My) Imagination [7:45]
d1t08 Twenty Flight Rock [2:20]
d1t09 Let Me Go [4:00]
d1t10 Time Is On My Side [3:24]
d1t11 Beast Of Burden [6:43]
d1t12 Waiting On A Friend [4:34]
d1t13 Let It Bleed [6:34] [ 60:53]
d2t01 You Can’t Always Get What You Want [8:06]
d2t02 Little T & A [3:46]
d2t03 Tumbling Dice [4:32]
d2t04 - band introductions - [1:11]
d2t05 She’s So Cold [4:16]
d2t06 Start Me Up [5:05]
d2t07 Honky Tonk Women [3:58]
d2t08 Brown Sugar [3:41]
d2t09 Jumping Jack Flash [8:37]
d2t10 Satisfaction (encore) [5:29] [ 48:47]
[109:41]

the band:
Mick Jagger (lead vocals, guitar)
Keith Richards (guitar, vocals)
Charlie Watts (drums)
Bill Wyman (bass)
Ron Wood (guitar)

with
Ian "stu" Stewart (piano)
Ian "mac" Mclagan (keyboards)
Ernie Watts (saxophone)

notes:
adjusted azimuth and bias on the dr-1 for optimal response during cassette playback.
joined the 3 WAV files, resampled/dithered, and tracked (via CDwav).
verified (w/ shntool) and FLAC'd (level 8).

cassette side 1a: thumb - time
cassette side 1b: BoB - she's so cold
cassette side 2a: smu - satisfaction

scan of the ticket stub downloaded from nico's site (http://www.nzentgraf.de/).

* cassettes provided by T & A

++ transferred, tracked, FLAC'd, compiled and seeded (via thetradersden.org) by macdaddy (January 17, 2005)
[Edited by mac_daddy]
January 18th, 2005 05:55 AM
J.J.Flash You are The Man Daddy! Thank you very much, not only for this boot, but for all the tips you kept giving us about this thing called bit torrent. I wasn't giving a shit for this "torrent thing", until last week, when I suddenly woke up and noticed what it is all about......

Thanks for being an "evangelist" of the Bit Torrent. After the happening of bit torrent, every new bootleg collector quickly can trade with the big dogs.

Did you hear about the "Everyday Jones" site? We could start a thread with the purpose of teaching people all the tricks and sources of bit torrent lossless audio recordings. What do you think?

January 18th, 2005 08:32 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
Did you hear about the "Everyday Jones" site?

i am friends with the moderator there (rburly). in fact - i am preiodically sending him dvd-r's filled with stones sets that he can seed there. he and dupreesiteop (the other mod) post quite a bit of good stones' sources. definitely a site to check out often...

quote:
We could start a thread with the purpose of teaching people all the tricks and sources of bit torrent lossless audio recordings. What do you think?

i have been trying to do that for years around here, and people are slowly coming around - as jerry garcia said "all good things in all good time." i have all this information written out on my website (which is down atm ), but if such a thread were to start up here, you know i would be happy to contribute...

[Edited by mac_daddy]
January 22nd, 2005 02:47 PM
mac_daddy i hope that all interested parties heve downlaoded this - maybe one of ya might offer up the two disc set to the group as a permavine
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood