ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Luis Carreño – El Universal February 6, 1998
¡ Gracias Roger Riffin ¡
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Dear Voodoo et al, please help with new name for establishment Return to archive
01-25-03 06:39 PM
mario Hi all. My name is Mario, I'm a cook and own a pizza parlour (Alina's Gourmet Pizzeria,) and am relocating to a new country. I want to keep the name Alina, but add something related to the band. Will you please share any ideas?

Gratefully thankful,
M

[email protected]
[email protected]
01-25-03 07:01 PM
stonedinaustralia hey mario - unfortuantely the only thing that immediately springs to mind is the "cold italian pizza - use a lemon squeezer" line from "monkey man"

don't suppose that helps much

unless you say soemthing like "Alina's pizzas - even taste good cold!!"

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
01-25-03 07:04 PM
sasca Hmm. Going to need to think about this. What are the copyright laws?
Not for a name, but for an advert: a large-lipped customer asks a Pizza 'How come you taste so good?'; the pizza explains.
01-25-03 07:36 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl We have some pizzas delivered in our restrooms... check it out, go to the mens room clicking Woody there

http://www.albec.net.mx/personales/rocksoff/restroom.htm

So regardless of the name you can add a great tasty flavor to your menus "Jerry's hair" ...How come you taste so good
01-25-03 08:45 PM
Highwire Rob If Alina is pronounced, "Ah-lean-ah" here's a tagline:

"We all need some gourmet pizza we can feed on
And if you want it, come to Alina's with me..."

I'm pretty sure the Stones would have to sign off on that one!

"Take my sauce, tasty red, oh baby try it on my bread..."

[Well, something like that]
01-26-03 08:42 AM
mario Thanks to all of you for your time and coop, I did get a couple ideas at least for t-shirts. Very thankful, what a wonderful board y'all are. Will someday post if a logo/slogan came out related to the band. Meanwhile I can say our hottest seling item is "Keith Richards," a deep-dish with lots of pizzaiola sauce, and Vic and Napolitan salamies and prosciutto, very tasty pie. I've heard from the kitchen, when people come her for their first time, 'heyyy, how about Mick Jagger?,' or 'where's the other glimmer twin pie?' stuff like that. Anyway thank you very much.

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST