ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Luis Carreño – El Universal February 6, 1998
¡ Gracias Roger Riffin ¡
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Adjusting Record Player Speed! Return to archive
01-25-03 01:19 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy So I finally got myself a record player - or rather, my father and I finally got the record player my brother bought me for Christmas (price: $10) workin'... only problem is, it's running slow. About... hmm... I'd say half-a-step to a step too slow. Slow enough that it's noticable in the tempo as well as pitch. And while Exile sounds significantly bluesier this way, I'd love to get the thing working properly.

I know *nothing* about record players. Can any of you venerable Stonesians gimme a hand?

I think I may have stumbled upon a mint condition 1st pressing of Exile in Holland... alas, without the postcards. It certainly bears all the Rolling Stones Records labels and call-sign things (COC) and lists the copyright as (P) 1972.

Which is pretty friggin' awesome. Now I want it to play right!

-tSYX --- Only get 'em off get 'em off!
01-25-03 03:45 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Grrr... HAAAAALP!

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST