ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Luis Carreño – El Universal February 6, 1998
¡ Gracias Roger Riffin ¡
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Dear Ronnie...... Return to archive
01-25-03 05:58 AM
beer Put the fucking cigarette down and play the god damn guitar. Can anyone tell me what Ronnie plays on "Angie"?

I didn't think so.
01-25-03 06:04 AM
Moonisup everything awwwwright in the critic section

I quit smoking
01-25-03 06:10 AM
fmk438j Anyone see the going to a go go clip where ron has 2 fags in his mouth at the one time?

01-25-03 11:58 AM
Soul Survivor Anyone ever heard of the time when the Stones first came to America, and Bill asked some TV guy if he could "pinch a fag"
01-25-03 12:27 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
beer wrote:
Put the fucking cigarette down and play the god damn guitar. Can anyone tell me what Ronnie plays on "Angie"?

I didn't think so.

Yeah, that's bugged me too in some cases, 'specially on the B-Stage, although for "Angie" Keith doesn't really need help. I wish they'd get real accoustics with mics in front of them rather than those horrid-sounding electric accoustics. A la "Prodigal Son" in 1969.

The only time I ever saw Ronnie really get so into goofin' off this tour that he didn't play when he was supposed to was on the HBO show during "It's Only Rock'n'roll"... I was jumping up and down yelling "That's your cue, man! Play the fucking guitar and drown out that horrid piano!"

-tSYX --- Oooh Angie dontcha weep...
01-25-03 02:10 PM
McQueen Hmmm...it would appear a man having so far successfully managed what is clearly a quite serious problem with alcohol is not enough for some.

Ronnie has been remarkable this tour. Period.

So he goofs off here and there. It is nothing like the goofing off spells he engaged in on previous tours, and frankly, I don't mind it one damn bit when the music continues to be so strong night in and night out.

Not to mention what Ronnie's initial transformation has meant to Keith's refocus of late. No, not refocus, what Keith is now compared to just a few months ago is not refocus. The man has shed 10 or 15 years and is flat out rocking it right.

So please lay off the negative vibe against Ronnie. The Stones are back. They are kicking ass night in night out. A new album coming appears not to be just speculation but probability. Mick is telling audiences this WON'T be the last time, Charlie is diggin' it, the media is, as much as it can allow itself, actually giving respect to the boys, Ronnie IS an entirely different player than the last 20 years of cruise-control histrionics ,and lastly, Keith is back and back in a big way.

Life is good!
01-25-03 02:11 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Hell, I'm thrilled with Ronnie this tour! He's blown me away!

I just wish they'd turn him the fuck up!

-tSYX --- You bust in in a blaze of light...
01-26-03 04:29 AM
beer I agree Xyzzy, It's dissapointing when it seems that Ron misses a perfect opportunity. I respect Ronnie for sure, but like you say, he gets cheated sometimes and deserves to be turned up. Turn im up!!!

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST