ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Luis Carreño – El Universal February 6, 1998
¡ Gracias Roger Riffin ¡
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New Amsterdam show added! Return to archive
01-24-03 05:05 AM
FotiniD Here's the news from IORR:

"Jan. 24: Amsterdam ArenA Aug. 20 confirmed
The Dutch tour promoter MOJO is confirming a 2nd Stones show at Amsterdam ArenA on Wed. Aug. 20, with tickets going on sale Saturday Feb. 1. This is the 6th Dutch show confirmed for the 2003 Licks Tour. The opening act for the Amsterdam ArenA shows will be Starsailor."

Great news, eh? Holland is being very lucky this year I'm jealous!!

The link is http://www.mojo.nl/nieuws/index.asp. I wonder if the tickets will go on sale via Mojo's site or the previous ticket site for the Amsterdam Arena shows... If it's the first case, I will need to employ the translating services of Miss Angie again to get me a ticket for another Stones night in the Netherlands. I don't see any english link sadly. Sorry dear, I know I'm being a pain in the a$$

This is going to be one great summer Can't wait!
01-24-03 05:45 AM
fmk438j What is the population of Holland?
01-24-03 05:49 AM
F505 16 million people but the question is: how many of them are Stones fans ? Many people who attend a Stones show are not real fans unfortunately.
01-24-03 05:55 AM
fmk438j someone should figure out the country who gets the most shows per head of population. Or maybe to be more accurate, audience/no. of tickets sold per head of population.

This may reveal the most stones-mad country.

With all the venue capacities listed on iorr.org it would not be that hard to do. I may try it I have a spare 2 hours.

(Australia has ~20 million)
01-24-03 06:26 AM
Moonisup I ain;t hapyy with arena
haha but still I go
01-24-03 10:36 AM
jb I love that Keith picture above!!! Where is from Europe 73?
01-24-03 11:28 AM
Scot Rocks When will more UK shows be announced and go on sale that is what I wanna know.

Mark
01-24-03 01:18 PM
purrcafe I'm sure we've all seen plenty of posts that refer to "real fans." I guess I'm curious about what people think it is that separates a real fan from a fake one. The way I'm reading it, fake fans are those who get tickets that someone else covets.
01-24-03 02:20 PM
egon
quote:
fmk438j wrote:
someone should figure out the country who gets the most shows per head of population. Or maybe to be more accurate, audience/no. of tickets sold per head of population.

This may reveal the most stones-mad country.

With all the venue capacities listed on iorr.org it would not be that hard to do. I may try it I have a spare 2 hours.

(Australia has ~20 million)

probably holland....

definitely NOT france.
oh sweet marseille, how you break my heart.
01-24-03 07:27 PM
F505 purcafe wrote:
The way I'm reading it, fake fans are those who get tickets that someone else covets.

Wrong: fake fans are the ones who usually show up in stadium concerts and only know "Satisfaction", "Brown Sugar" and "Jumpin' Jack Flash". They have in the most positive scenario a Big Hits-albums of the Stones. In that case they can even recognize four more songs.
01-24-03 08:24 PM
purrcafe My point is, so what? If they like those four songs enough to pay their money and show up, I guess I'd call them fans. I am just amused by the whole idea of fake fans and real fans. Silly me.
01-24-03 08:35 PM
throbby jb wrote:
I love that Keith picture above!!! Where is from Europe 73?

I would dare say early eighties.
01-24-03 08:41 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
I wonder if the tickets will go on sale via Mojo's site or the previous ticket site for the Amsterdam Arena shows... If it's the first case, I will need to employ the translating services of Miss Angie again to get me a ticket for another Stones night in the Netherlands. I don't see any english link sadly. Sorry dear, I know I'm being a pain in the a$$

FotiniD: tix will go on sale next Saturday morning @ 10 am local Dutch time, again on the TicketService site like last time, NOT the MOJO site. MOJO is just the concert promotor/planner, nothing to do with selling the actual tickets.
BTW, don't you still have the email with translation I sent you last time? Because I'm not gonna order tix myself next week. I'm sooo broke. I'll get a ticket later on the market, no problem, in a few months or so. The show probably won't sell out, so there will be plenty of black market tix available (the floor tix I mean).
And you're not a pain in the..., I was glad to help you last time.
01-24-03 08:46 PM
fmk438j
quote:
jb wrote:
I love that Keith picture above!!! Where is from Europe 73?

Mine or Fotinid's?

Mine would be as throbby said early eighties. Would not be 73 cause Keith wasn't grey then and didn't get the skull ring till later.

I think it goes well with my top quote.

[Edited by fmk438j]
01-24-03 10:01 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
fmk438j wrote:
someone should figure out the country who gets the most shows per head of population. Or maybe to be more accurate, audience/no. of tickets sold per head of population. This may reveal the most stones-mad country.

Well, in western Europe that number won't be reliable, because a very large part of the audience is from abroad, like Dutch visiting German shows and vice versa etc.

I remember the newspaper over here in Holland did that for the European Voodoo lounge tour. And the winner was: Luxembourg!!! They played 1 show in Kirchberg, Luxembourg, for loads of people in open air (can't remember how many, but I thought it was for 40,000-60,000 fans or even more). When you know that the average poulation of Luxembourg 383,000 is, it's not very weird they 'won'. But most of the concert attendees were from Holland, Belgium, Germany and France mainly. Probably 70% foreigners or something. You see...Holland gets a total of 200,000 tix (or something) for 6 shows with a population of 16 million. That's a whole lotta tix for 1 small country, especially when you consider that there are foreign shows not too far away, in many cases German shows are for the Dutch as far a travel distance as Americans are used to travel, probably even less. So it's difficult to calculate how many tix in a country were sold to the inhabitants of that country. yeh, whatever
[Edited by Angiegirl]
01-24-03 11:44 PM
fmk438j Ahh, good point. I never thought about that.

01-25-03 04:44 AM
F505 Purrcafe wrote:
My point is, so what? If they like those four songs enough to pay their money and show up, I guess I'd call them fans.

Nothing wrong with that. But I would not call them fans. but daytrippers who want to have a nice evening. Again: nothing wrong with that.
01-25-03 05:15 AM
Moonisup this show will not sell out on that saturday!!

01-25-03 05:33 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

FotiniD: tix will go on sale next Saturday morning @ 10 am local Dutch time, again on the TicketService site like last time, NOT the MOJO site. MOJO is just the concert promotor/planner, nothing to do with selling the actual tickets.
BTW, don't you still have the email with translation I sent you last time?

Thanks for the info Angie! Yes, i've kept the translation you sent me last time, so it should be quite easy since tickets will go through Ticketservice. Hope you get a ticket for the second show too, yes, I suppose there are going to be many in the black market. Thanks again!
01-25-03 02:15 PM
Angiegirl FotiniD: It looks like I will be online Saturday to buy a ticket, coz my mum just said she'll pay for my ticket...
She thought it was a waste paying 50 euros more on the black market. I thought so too, hahaha.
So I will be available for questions. I'll make thread here on RO just like last time, so you can post any questions you have over here. I'll create the thread Friday Night or Saturday morning before 10am. I'll call it 'FotiniD - Amsterdam'.

Here's the link you must use to get to TicketService, I'll post it in the thread too.
http://tickets.lvp.nl/trs/vrst.php?ev=11795

Good luck!
[Edited by Angiegirl]

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST