ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Luis Carreño – El Universal February 6, 1998
¡ Gracias Roger Riffin ¡
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Woody's CDR cover art work. Return to archive
01-24-03 01:31 AM
gypsymofo60 An unnecessary,(IMHO), argument has recently broken out over Woodywoodpecker's CDR cover artwork, and in his last post he hoped the person who recieved covers from him would post on his satisfaction, or dissatisfaction concerning said covers, well that person is my good self, and having today recieved said covers I would be pleased to provide my opinion. Firstly, being an artist, and art lover myself I feel I can say in all honesty that the art work is very good. Alot of the criticism towards his work seems to centre on 1. Originality, and 2. Charging for his services, well how much boot cover art can truly claim to be entirely original, and secondly on originality; the cd cover itself does not lend itself very well to artistic endevours anyway. As he has also stated, his work often tends to be directed at indivduals like myself who ask for a specific type of theme. I AM MORE THAN HAPPY with the artwork Woody has provided me with, very satisfied! I'll be ordering more, and I will also rest happy knowing it is as original as I need it to be. Anyway, how can we be preaching about originality in the same sentence as BOOTLEG RECORDINGS???? I mean- really? The fee he charges is ridiculously nominal, and to be quite honest I initialy suggested I pay. I too have been knocked out here at Rocks Off by the generosity of people, and I am trying to do my bit slowly in reciprication, but I will never attack someone if they suggest a nominal fee for services rendered.....Finally, I would like to apologise for being so long winded here, and for the inability of this PC to paragraph properly, keep up the good work Woody, and cheers, one & all...Gmf60.
01-24-03 04:13 AM
woodywoodpecker Thank you gypsy!'
Im glad you are pleased with the covers.

Much appreciated

Woodpecker
01-24-03 04:27 AM
F505 ?
[Edited by F505]
01-24-03 05:15 AM
Rich79 I agree I think the art is verry nice and worth the money. A couple of months ago I posted a message with the opportunity to buy my Giants recording. I also got alot of complaints which I didn't found right because I took the risc bringing my recording equipment to a $350 show, I bought a Minidisc recorder to tape the show, I bought a Minidisc deck to transfer the show digital to my PC and it took me alot of time transfering, cutting, editing and designing the artwork. So keep on the good work Woody! And please concentrate on the new tour now because alot of people downloaded from the FTPs without the art. Can you also design labels?

Richard
01-24-03 05:58 AM
woodywoodpecker Hi no labels aint my thing, I think rooster has them covered! It was posted here as a sticky yesterday perhaps look in the older messages.

Yeah I 'am planning to concentrate on the Licks shows for sure. And I'm glad you like my work.

Woodpecker
01-25-03 12:28 AM
gypsymofo60
quote:
F505 wrote:
?
[Edited by F505]

How succinct. DITTO!

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST