ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Luis Carreño – El Universal February 6, 1998
¡ Gracias Roger Riffin ¡
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Aussies.. not long now ! Return to archive
01-23-03 06:45 PM
Daethgod Hey fellow Aussie Stoners...

not long now !

Im off to all 3 Melbourne shows.. anyone else going ?

i can't freaking wait !!!

i hope we get a Tattoo You night here ..

does anyone know if the setlist changes when the Stones do a 3 show run in one city ?

not that it matters .......

mobbs
01-23-03 08:06 PM
Mottrush
Hey mobbs,

I'll be at all 3 Melbourne gigs too! Only 32 more days to go.

Set list should change each night (if only slightly). Check out the set lists from the last 2 Chicago shows 9 different songs on the second night!!!

I'm hoping for an Exile night followed by Beggars and then Bleed on the Saturday but as you say I don't really care what they play. After eight years since the last concert anything will be great.

Mottrush
01-23-03 08:39 PM
exile Im going to Enmore and sydney superdome
I cant f**cking wait eithier
01-23-03 10:40 PM
masoudi Im at Enmore and the two dome shows, like all of ya im frickin pumped. Bring it on!!!
01-23-03 10:53 PM
fmk438j Boyish man

Well when I was a young boy, at the age of five

My mother said i'd see, the stones a'pump'n live

An now I'm a man

Just past 21,

We gonna see the stones rock baby

We gonna have a lotta fun
01-24-03 12:32 AM
gypsymofo60
quote:
fmk438j wrote:
Boyish man

Well when I was a young boy, at the age of five

My mother said i'd see, the stones a'pump'n live

An now I'm a man

Just past 21,

We gonna see the stones rock baby

We gonna have a lotta fun

...Aint that a man?....No be, ey child?......Just watch out while you're in Melbourne, 'nother mule not kickin' in yo' stall...
01-24-03 03:45 AM
Daethgod so whats the vibe ..
d'ya reckon it will be a sit down crowd , or standing and jumping ...??

i aint seen a show at Rod Laver for ages....

I know when I am 6 rows from front on floor for show 2 i will shaking my groove thang

mobbs
01-25-03 12:44 AM
gypsymofo60
quote:
Daethgod wrote:
so whats the vibe ..
d'ya reckon it will be a sit down crowd , or standing and jumping ...??

i aint seen a show at Rod Laver for ages....

I know when I am 6 rows from front on floor for show 2 i will shaking my groove thang

mobbs

I must admit, that is something that is bothering me. When I saw Jagger in '88, the crowd were very subdued, and again when I saw The Stones in'95, I was right down the front and again the crowd all seemed to be on tranks. Let's hope it rocks. There is nothing worse than being the only one showing enthusiasm.
01-25-03 05:25 AM
corgi37 hey Daethgod, i too am at the 2nd Melbourne show. I'm right behind ya! 7 rows from the front on the floor. I was 14 rows from the front when jagger was out, and i thought the crowd was peaking. I know my party of 10 were! As for the 95 MCG show, i thought the crowd was fucked. I couldnt score tickets on the floor, but the crowd was dead. Made a lot of noise, but not much dancing or standing. But, as alot of those front 20 rows went to ansett, radio stations, footy clubs, i didnt expect much else.
01-25-03 05:27 AM
Daethgod yer
at MCG in 95 me and my girl spent the entire night standing on the chairs having a blast, whilst dudes around us looked like they were at a Bankers Convention...

mobbs

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST