ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Luis Carreño – El Universal February 6, 1998
¡ Gracias Roger Riffin ¡
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What does one think of the album IORR Return to archive
01-22-03 07:07 AM
Moonisup Personally it's a great album!!!

If you really wanne be my friend, hmmmmmm GREAT!!

IORR - never been better at that album

Fingerprint file - all secrecy no privacy..

Am I the only one who thinks it's underrated, for me Goad's head Soup and IORR fit together like Exile and SF

Rik
01-22-03 07:21 AM
erikjjf Yeah, I like that album.
01-22-03 07:43 AM
sirfito It's a great album.
I like it very very much!
Fito
01-22-03 08:18 AM
Maxlugar I pleased to like it very much.

Make ears to tune in!

For to play it every day time!!

Luxury make Maxy smile until pain comes to face and blood pours forth from bulging eye sockets.

Maxy The Vlad!
01-22-03 08:26 AM
luxury1 Yes, Rik--those two (IORR and GHS) fit together perfectly for me too. I listen to them both almost daily (or at least some of the songs on them).
01-22-03 08:28 AM
Yyteri Beach Well, I divide IORR in two: great songs and poor songs. Personally I like If You Can't Rock Me, IORR, Luxyry, Short And Curlies and Fingerprint File. I don't like the rest that much.
Like Goat's Head Soup, IORR is underrated. Goat's has good songs in it.
Also Black And Blue is a masterpiece that usually people don't value that much (ahh, Hot Stuff and Hand Of Fate).
01-22-03 08:45 AM
full moon Excellent album.. Time Waits For No One and Ain't Too Proud To Beg also are great tunes...
01-22-03 12:43 PM
Madafaka Yes, a very good album. Better is Exile On Main Street, obviously
01-22-03 12:56 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Most underrated Stones album, in my opinion. One of my favorites.

I love "Fingerprint File" and "Short and Curlies"... hell, I love every song on the album except "If You Want To Be My Friend", which sucks, and "Time Waits For No One", which meanders in mediocrity.

-tSYX --- Tiaaahhaime, waits for no one...
01-22-03 12:57 PM
Joey I think every single one of you fine individuals should come to Denver and see the Rolling Stones in Concert with your Uncle Joey .

I think Things ...............

I think Things ...............

" If you want to view Paradise , you can go ahead and view it , anything you want to do it , even come to Denver -- there's nothing to it ............................ Ronnie !"

{{{{{{{{{{{{{ JACKY JACK }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

01-22-03 01:26 PM
doo doo doo Dude "and "Time Waits For No One", which meanders in mediocrity"

Obviously your opinion which I beg to differ. This track is the high point of the album for me. It's Taylor and Hopkin's finest moment IMO. Absolute splendor and beauty that should never be dismissed so easily.
01-22-03 03:04 PM
Joey " Absolute splendor and beauty that should never be dismissed so easily. "

I would like to Bite and Kiss you !
01-22-03 04:12 PM
100 Years Ago IORR definitely has it's moments but it's my least favorite of the three mid-70s albums. Keith seems more involved than on GHS, there are some great riffs on here. I've always loved the opening four (even the much maligned Till Next Goodbye) are great, but after that I've always thought it was inconsistent song-wise. I don't think the album sounds remotely like GHS though. GHS had this mellow beauty to many of the tracks. IORR is much tougher, funkier sounding. IMHO, IORR is good album, but a weaker effort Stones-wise
01-22-03 04:20 PM
sasca If You Can´t Rock Me sounds like the Spiders From Mars with Mick on vocals playing a lost Lou Reed song; the title track appears to have Marc Bolan replacing Keith and Mick T. Both are very enjoyable, although I object to the Stones, of all groups, telling me there's anything 'only' about rock'n'roll.
The rest of the album is variable in quality. 'Time...' and 'Till...' are attractive but could do with a bit of tightening up.
[Edited by sasca]
01-22-03 04:32 PM
Jaxx i have always loved IORR as well as Goats Head Soup. i would agree BOTH are underrated often overlooked works by the boyz. this is one reason i absolutely ADORE and have recently traded both in for the boot ACETATES. having listened to IORR and GHS so many times over the last couple of decades, i thoroughly enjoy the subtle changes found in the outtakes from BOTH albums on Acetates. then there's Criss Cross Man and a wonderful cover of dobie gray's Drift Away where the guitars are painfully sweet.
[Edited by Jaxx]
01-22-03 04:43 PM
Joey I agree with your prodigious analysis Jaxx . Whenever I hear IORR I am transmogrified to the exalted flow of another space/time continuum , save it is spaceless and timeless and of such pure loveliness , I become imbued with insensate .................................
( Edited by Joey )

01-22-03 04:44 PM
L&A I agree, Jaxx. "Goats Head Soup" is one of the first Stones-records I bought, and I think it was the perfect illustration of the Stones-attitude during the 70's. Even the cover is one of the best symbols of Jagger's personality...
01-22-03 06:40 PM
sasca The quality of the cover's portraits is as variable as the music inside. Those of Keith and the Micks look great but Charlie's is awkward and Bill's just bad.
01-22-03 07:32 PM
Sir Stonesalot I think IORR is typical of the Stones efforts post Exile. A few great tunes and a whole lotta filler. The exception to that would be Some Girls. No filler on that one.

GHS and IORR are two reasons why I was glad Taylor left. Some great highlights mired in mediocrity. I think if Taylor had stayed on, The Stones would have just turned into just another "jam" band....and probably not survived the 70's.
01-22-03 07:51 PM
Mr T I would put it on par with Some Girls. Everything after Exile has filler(Far Away Eyes doesn't do much for me) - just some albums have better filler than others. I could do without the softer IORR tracks for the most part. IORR & If You Can't Rock Me are cool. For a while I wasn't that fond of this album until recently - I like Luxery & Fingerprint File a lot more. Ain't Too Proud To Beg is excellent. Short & Curlies would be cooler if it didn't keep repeating after the first 30 seconds. Dance Little Sister could be more creative too. That about makes the album give or take. I think both this & Some Girls contain filler - but its a rare occasion I listen to this album beginning to end - Some Girls I do all the time
01-24-03 09:22 PM
quackenbush I wish the Stones would play Short and Curlies at one of the concerts; it would do really well on the b-stage.
01-24-03 10:06 PM
Scot Rocks I mostly agree with the consensus, IORR great album, an amazing kick ass 3 song start, then the it fluctuates between good and bad - TWFN0, luxury and Short and Curlies being the good - then finishes on the magnificent Fingerprint File, I love that song and so true as well.

Mark

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST