ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Luis Carreño – El Universal February 6, 1998
¡ Gracias Roger Riffin ¡
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Drug Question. Return to archive
01-21-03 12:56 AM
EthanWickedAsHeSeems Has anyone here ever taken the sleeping pill Ambien? I took one and instead of making me tired, it turned into a drunken stupor without the drunken side effects! Imagine being drunk without the aid of many liters of beer! Get ahold of this if you can!
01-21-03 01:00 AM
gypsy I've heard good and bad things about Ambien. But, I prefer to get sleep the Nolte way--with good ol' reliable GHB.
01-21-03 01:11 AM
EthanWickedAsHeSeems I see. Well this "Nolte-Lite" (Ambien) has just caused me to forget who I was for quite awhile...and stumble about the apartment drooling...I get happy very easily...but forget shit even easier...and Im noticably drunk. Yay for Ambien!
01-21-03 02:30 AM
littleredrooster It's a sleeping pill folks!
Take one and hit the sack , not the dance floor!

By the way, AMBIEN (the brand name)
was created 'AM' 'BIEN' = GOOD MORNING !!!

Roostah's Facts
01-21-03 05:01 AM
beer Sounds mellow. You wanna good one, try Klonopin(?). Holy shit............
01-21-03 10:10 AM
keefa Yes, I got ahold of quite a lot of Ambien a while back. Very nice stuff, higher doses you even hallucinate, but your memory is pretty much shot afterwords, you forget just about everything you did. I actually wrote down some notes while on it and read them afterwords--quite interesting to say the least.

Good relaxer, no hangover, but addictive, so be careful!

Keefa
[Edited by keefa]
01-21-03 11:36 AM
Busch1 If all you want to do is sleep, try taking a half an Ambien. That seems to knock me out just fine, and I usually don't have trouble getting up in the morning (or afternoon).
01-21-03 01:53 PM
oska ambian is good. you can buy it over the counter without prescription in greece, if u are going that way ever on holiday, 3 pounds a packet of 15, they are called stilnot in uk and europe.
01-21-03 02:50 PM
gypsy Jeoy!!! Let's go to Greece for our honeymoon this summer! Yay!
01-21-03 02:52 PM
Joey " Jeoy!!! Let's go to Greece for our honeymoon this summer! Yay! "

<--------- We already booked Maui !!!!!!!!!!!

JACKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

01-21-03 03:48 PM
gypsy Well, let's try to pencil in Greece some time this year. Gotta get some of that over-the-counter Ambien!
01-21-03 08:50 PM
Martha

I occasionally take Ambien when I cannot sleep...hardly feel a thing, but was told to take it no more than a half hour before the time I want to fall asleep..so I take it and go to bed right away. No drooling occurs. No morning hangover or even the want to sleep on and on. You can get five and ten milligram caplets. No biggie...and not a party drug either...for me anyway. It is much better than the over the counter sleep shit like Tylenol PM..I have felt somewhat hung-over on that stuff.

Thanks for telling me where the name originated from Roostah..you are the fountain of drug knowledge!
01-21-03 11:31 PM
littleredrooster The fountain of knowledge is a professional idiosyncratic but desired therapeutic side effect.

AM Bien my dear Martha!
01-22-03 01:02 AM
gypsymofo60 HA! Nothing kicks like KETAMINE....one little ampule of that baby, and it's bye, bye reality, and hello Alice In Wonderland, but can you handle the initial take off?
01-22-03 01:10 AM
fmk438j That is used for pet surgery right? Is it evr prescribed for humans?
01-22-03 01:17 AM
EthanWickedAsHeSeems I dunno dude...I just took another ambien for tonight and its best enjoyed to music...what music you ask? Something with a strong backing riff, the backbone, of the song colliding with shorter spikier leads, all held together by a steady backbeat...not too loud...kinda funky...its perfect. All of this is almost drowned out by the sometimes soft, sometimes harsh screams of a 60ish english knight. Can anyone help me place the band Im talking about??
01-22-03 01:23 AM
fmk438j
quote:
EthanWickedAsHeSeems wrote:
I dunno dude...I just took another ambien for tonight and its best enjoyed to music...what music you ask? Something with a strong backing riff, the backbone, of the song colliding with shorter spikier leads, all held together by a steady backbeat...not too loud...kinda funky...its perfect. All of this is almost drowned out by the sometimes soft, sometimes harsh screams of a 60ish english knight. Can anyone help me place the band Im talking about??

Ahh, Banana splits circa 1969?

01-22-03 01:28 AM
gypsymofo60
quote:
fmk438j wrote:
That is used for pet surgery right? Is it evr prescribed for humans?

Hahahaha! bang on the money there FM, a horse tranq' that is also used to sedate things like Siberian Tigers when tagging LOL! It is sometimes used in orthopeadic surgery, but adults do not recover from it as well as children, and animals which I can testify to, it affects the hippocampus, and draws on stored memory causing in most cases severe hallucinations, but it's a trip. Literally.
01-22-03 01:32 AM
fmk438j Yeah, I read that somewhere this is literally where the majority of ketamine for the clubs come from - veteranary nurses pilfering the cupboards.
01-22-03 01:32 AM
gypsymofo60
quote:
EthanWickedAsHeSeems wrote:
I dunno dude...I just took another ambien for tonight and its best enjoyed to music...what music you ask? Something with a strong backing riff, the backbone, of the song colliding with shorter spikier leads, all held together by a steady backbeat...not too loud...kinda funky...its perfect. All of this is almost drowned out by the sometimes soft, sometimes harsh screams of a 60ish english knight. Can anyone help me place the band Im talking about??

Ahhhhhhhhh!......The Brady Bunch doing; SUNHINY DAY.
01-22-03 01:37 AM
gypsymofo60
quote:
fmk438j wrote:
Yeah, I read that somewhere this is literally where the majority of ketamine for the clubs come from - veteranary nurses pilfering the cupboards.

Yeah! that and certain wayward operating theatre techs, and anasthetic techs rifling through the medicine chest, please Miss?...can I have some Special K?.....Mind you! why the fuck would you wanna take that shit when you're out clubbing? It's hardly Coke.
01-22-03 03:30 AM
beer if one's good, two's better!
01-22-03 03:32 PM
oska this product was developed and invented in europe, it's brand name is 'stilnot', it is licensed to be sold in u.s.a. as ' ambien' you can buy it easily and over the counter at any pharmcy anywere in greece, also at many pharmacys in italy, turkey , and many southern european countries, if you take twice the dose [ 2 x 10 mg tablets ] you will forget evrything for the last hour before you fall into a very deep sleep, the sleep will last about 6- 7 hours, when you awake you have no hangover or tiredness. this is a fantastic drug, very stong but almost impossible to overdose on,so quite safe. its also very cheap at about £ 3 for a pack of 15 x tablets, [15 x doses].
01-24-03 01:44 AM
gypsymofo60 Not that I think anybody would be stupid enough to give that last post any creedence, but that is a really daft statement. "Impossible to overdose on", now unless this individual is a doctor, or a pharmacist let me tell you, that statement is ignorant, and dangerous. Ambien is still a form of sedative in the valium, xanax,etc, etc, style, and YOU FUCKING CAN OVERDOSE ON IT. MAKE NO MISTAKE ABOUT THAT. What one individual can tolerate, another may not.
01-24-03 03:33 PM
oska listen, anyone can overdose on chocolate cake if they eat enough of it, i assumed when writing the post that people on this site had a morsel of inteligence. yes if you were stupid enough to munch 20 x boxs of tablets [ say 300 x tablets ] you might die, there have been many attempted but failed suicide bids by people taking very large amounts of stilnot/ambian, 70 or 80 tablets with alcohol, and as yet no recorded deaths, thankfuly. so gypsy with all due respect i stand by my statement, the person who started this thread asked a question, and i attempted to answer that original question honestly from my own experience. also gypsy, try to read a little more carefully when you use a 'quote' i said 'ALMOST impossible to overdose on', meaning that it would be impossible to accdently overdose. so lets get it right.
01-24-03 03:38 PM
sasca Yeah, that's true. My father is a doctor, who reviews new medicines, and he says it is very difficult to overdose on most new drugs.
01-25-03 12:16 AM
gypsymofo60
quote:
oska wrote:
listen, anyone can overdose on chocolate cake if they eat enough of it, i assumed when writing the post that people on this site had a morsel of inteligence. yes if you were stupid enough to munch 20 x boxs of tablets [ say 300 x tablets ] you might die, there have been many attempted but failed suicide bids by people taking very large amounts of stilnot/ambian, 70 or 80 tablets with alcohol, and as yet no recorded deaths, thankfuly. so gypsy with all due respect i stand by my statement, the person who started this thread asked a question, and i attempted to answer that original question honestly from my own experience. also gypsy, try to read a little more carefully when you use a 'quote' i said 'ALMOST impossible to overdose on', meaning that it would be impossible to accdently overdose. so lets get it right.

Semantics my Dear Oska. Dumb statement! I stand by my reply, I read perfectly well.
01-25-03 12:17 AM
gypsymofo60
quote:
sasca wrote:
Yeah, that's true. My father is a doctor, who reviews new medicines, and he says it is very difficult to overdose on most new drugs.

Typical!
01-25-03 09:00 AM
gypsy That's bullshit. I work in a busy ER, and there are overdoses every day.
01-26-03 01:25 AM
gypsymofo60
quote:
gypsy wrote:
That's bullshit. I work in a busy ER, and there are overdoses every day.

Exactly! If I had a doctor who told me that most modern drugs were safe to abuse, I'd be searching for a new doctor, know what I mean?.......I've seen plenty overdoses on all manner of sleeping tablets, old and new alike.

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST