ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Luis Carreño – El Universal February 6, 1998
¡ Gracias Roger Riffin ¡
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Link For Staples Contest Winners Return to archive
01-17-03 02:48 PM
Gazza

http://www.nrdcstonesconcert.org/winners/
01-17-03 03:37 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Do we have a winner from our community?
01-17-03 03:38 PM
littleredrooster I didn't win.

I Got The Blues!

Any winner want to adopt me ????
Most of the 'random' winners had California addresses

Sad Roostah
01-17-03 05:39 PM
Martha
I FUCKING WON!!!!!!!!

HOLY DEAR MOTHER OF GOD.....THIS IS THE MOST SURREAL MOMENT OF MY LIFE...I ALMOST PASSED OUT WHEN I GOT THE E-MAIL.

And all day I've been in the throes of getting arrangements together for my Grandma's funeral tomorrow. I can barely tell time.

I'M IN OHIO ROOSTAH!

WOAH..NOW WHERE'S THE CHEAPEST FLIGHT TO L.A. RONNIE???????
01-17-03 05:49 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Martha!

MARTHA

MARTHA

MARTHA!!!!

Wow

Do you need someone to bring you some beers during the show?
01-17-03 05:58 PM
Martha Oh thanks Voodoo...but I don't drink anymore...but some primo chiba would be nice!
01-17-03 05:59 PM
Martha

My gawd..I'm still in SHOCK!!!!!!!

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

01-17-03 06:00 PM
MarthaMyDear CONGRATULATIONS, MARTHA!!! I'm at work so I have to type this quickly, etc., but do you need someone to go with, by any chance??? HE!!! HE!!! HE!!! HE!!! HE!!! JUST KIDDING!!! NOT!!! HA!!! HA!!! ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P Well, anyways... I live near Staples, somewhat, so let's meet-up here, if you want, ok.?!?!?! Email me at: [email protected], if you'd like to meet-up, etc., ok.?!?!?!

Anyways, take care, CONGRATULATIONS, and I hope to talk to you and/or see you here, ok.?!?!?! Anyways, take care!!!

*** Martha ***

P.S. (If you post a reply, etc., I won't be able to read it until tonight or m email either, but I'll talk to you soon, alrighty??? Take care!!! )
[Edited by MarthaMyDear]
01-17-03 06:01 PM
littleredrooster Are you telling me your in Ohio because you are taking me along???
Or,just pointing out that you are not in California?
You could use a little sunhine.

Send you companion information for the show to:

The Rooster Wish Foundation
01-17-03 06:03 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Martha wrote:
Oh thanks Voodoo...but I don't drink anymore...but some primo chiba would be nice!

If you give me your extra ticket I will bring you the best chiba in town, well in California and here in Mexico Ciba or chiva is heroin, but since you live in the North I know what you mean, anyway I can bring you some fresh Lima Limón sin sema - Cola de Borrego improved by genetical engineering!!!

Lucky girl!
01-17-03 06:42 PM
Martha
quote:
littleredrooster wrote:
Are you telling me your in Ohio because you are taking me along???
Or,just pointing out that you are not in California?
You could use a little sunhine.

Send you companion information for the show to:

The Rooster Wish Foundation

The latter....that I'm in NEED of some sunshine..badly it is 5 degrees here right now.. shiver.

There are three people in line for that extra ticket already..not counting anyone on the board. What can I say??!

Are tickets available for this show though?
01-17-03 07:14 PM
doo doo doo Dude Congratulations Martha! I'm a winner too! Glad to see some other Rocks Off fans won. Hopefully there are a lot more.

doo doo doo Dude
01-17-03 07:15 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl They gave 12,000 tickets to 6,000 lucky winners. I don't know what about the other 8,000 tickets, is too much for guests, including family, friends and stars, etc

So why don't they give a couple of tix to the 1,500+´registered users here? Please include trip expenses to those outside the USA

01-17-03 08:03 PM
Gazza the reason there's 6,000 pair of tickets for contest winners is to ensure that there are at least SOME people in the audience who know more than two of three of the songs the band will be playing - unlike the other private parties they've been playing of late!

congrats to those who got lucky. Bad luck to the rest of you
01-17-03 08:31 PM
littleredrooster Three ahead of me!!!
Martha, TAKE ME!! TAKE ME !!!
I could bribe you with a free San Jose ticket just 2 nights before you take me!!!!

Your NEW BEST friend,

Roostah
[Edited by littleredrooster]
01-17-03 08:54 PM
Martha Dear NEW BEST friend Roostah..I'd LOVE to take you up on that offer..but the first one in my line is my husband........

I'll keep my fingers crossed that you make it there somehow......

xxoo
Martha

P.S. Voodoo....that whatever engineered chibamadness would probably KILL me...I got a low tolerance level...but I am VERY tempted! Perhpas someday I'll get a chance to check it out!
01-17-03 09:01 PM
scope Way to go Martha! I couldn't be happier for you. Well, actually I'd be happier if I won too!
It's a nice thought that someone who just experienced a sad event has now been taken to the extreme opposite. Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
01-17-03 11:35 PM
Dandelion* Martha! I am so happy for you. You need this and deserve this. Congratulations!
01-18-03 01:04 AM
*ginda Martha -
Congratulations. I can feel your joy from here. Have a great time!
01-18-03 07:49 AM
parmeda Martha...
If anyone deserved a free set of tix, it's you girl! CONGRATULATIONS!
01-19-03 02:03 PM
Factory Girl Martha and do do do Dude, thats Great news!! The only concert tix I won was for Bowie this past summer.

Have a great time, and please post a review after the show.
01-19-03 03:30 PM
Martha
Thanks everyone for the well-wishes and congrats. I wish all of you had won too. I feel extra lucky because I actually found airline tickets today for $225 out of Cincy. That means my husband IS going to be able to go with me!!!!

I'm still in shock....but feeling so loved, supported and cared for right now. Life is good!

Many blessings to all.

By the way, does anyone know if any tickets will be available for sale for this show..I want my friend (who is putting us up the entire week ) to be able to go with us. There's no mention of it at TxBastard. I plan to call the box office tomorrow to see what they have to say.

I wish I could hug you all right now!

xxxxoooooxxxxxooooo

01-19-03 04:57 PM
Gazza Very much doubt it

as it as billed as a free concert,I cant see how they'd then proceed to SELL tickets

I expect the other 6-7,000 tickets are for hangers-on.

Delighted you got lucky - a nice end to a horrible week for you.
01-22-03 12:20 PM
sirfito Congratulations, Martha!!!!
Best,
Fito
01-23-03 02:11 PM
Martha
Thanks so much sirfito...and by the way, I LOVE your avatar. Got my hubby that shirt at one of the shows....too cool for school!
01-24-03 08:22 PM
Paint it Rick I did win tickets to the free LA show. I don't have anyone to bring. So, If anyone wants to be my guest, you can e-mail your $ bids to me at [email protected]. Also, if your a single hottie between 21 and 33, I might be willing to share a hotel with you. Good luck

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST