ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© 1975 Lynn Goldsmith
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith's Guitar on Display & Ronnie as Window Dresser Return to archive
24th January 2007 08:40 AM
open-g Musician, songwriter, painter, sculptor, and now window dresser.

Early next year Ronnie Wood is to design a window display for luxury London department store Harrods.

The window is rumoured to be Rolling Stones themed, and will include some of his artwork. Wood was approached to create a display as part of the department store's 'Harrods Rocks' event in February.

The store is also hosting an exhibition called 'Born to Rock', which features historic and vintage guitars owned by the likes of Eric Clapton and Jimi Hendrix.

Ronnie Wood's art work is on permanent display at the Scream Gallery in
London.

[www.uncut.co.uk]

...the spirit of rock ‘n’ roll will electrify Knightsbridge as the collection of 150 priceless guitars, played by the likes of Brian Jones, Keith Richards, Noel Gallagher, The Edge, Marc Bolan, Neil Young, and blues legend Rory Gallagher, makes its way from Galeries Lafayette in Paris to the National Museum of Ireland in Dublin.

http://www.fashionweekdaily.com/news/fullstory.sps?inewsid=396024&itype=8486
[Edited by open-g]
24th January 2007 10:55 AM
fireontheplatter cool
24th January 2007 11:31 AM
glencar Next month?
24th January 2007 12:03 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
open-g wrote:
Early next year Ronnie Wood is to design a window display for luxury London department store Harrods.

quote:
JB wrote:
Fuck London..there is no telling whem where or if this thing gets off the ground..we were on pass for close to 400 million gross..but Noooooooooooooo!!! keioth has to climb a fucking Palm Tree and fall!!! The guy has suvived heroin and every other vice to man, but a fucking coconut allegedly may have done hiom in.....(also alleged rumors of pre-exoisting clot detected, but this is pure speculation)

24th January 2007 12:29 PM
open-g
quote:
glencar wrote:
Next month?

Yes,
tho I don't know how long the guitar exibition lasts, but the date for the 2000 guitars is on
At 8.00a.m. on Sunday 18th February 2007.

As part of the 'Harrods Rocks' promotion, the world famous store in London's Knightsbridge is hosting an exhibition of historic, designer and legendary electric guitars. Born To Rock will feature the world's first electric guitar, the Frying Pan, which was made in 1931 and has never before left America.

There will be quitars once played by Jimi Hendrix, Van Morrison, Muddy Waters as well as contemporary artists including Oasis, Franz Ferdinand and Kasabian. Harrods will be erecting a stage for one off performances by established acts as well as new talent. There will also be talks by music industry figures, guitar masterclasses and displays of beauty collections and glam rock jewellery.

At 8.00a.m. on Sunday 18th February, Harrods will host a bid to break the world record for the most guitars played simultaneously - they hope to attract 2,000 people to play Deep Purple's 'Smoke On The Water'!

If you are planning a visit to London, bring your Strat....
24th January 2007 12:35 PM
open-g
quote:
open-g wrote:

sorry, that must have been an announcement from last year.
but it still seems to be happening.
24th January 2007 04:26 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
open-g wrote:

but it still seems to be happening.

quote:
JB wrote:
There will be no greeting....don't take your bad day out on me,,,I have bad days everyday and still find time to make new friends...An apology would be appreciated.

24th January 2007 07:58 PM
glencar I shall travel to London next month. Who's with me?
24th January 2007 09:47 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
I shall travel to London next month. Who's with me?

not everyone at once!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)