ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© 1975 Lynn Goldsmith
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Big Crybabies Return to archive
23rd January 2007 12:41 PM
glencar http://www.breitbart.com/news/2007/01/23/D8MR41C02.html

I don't know who is worse: the parents or the kid?
23rd January 2007 12:55 PM
*ginda The parents should have taken the refund and 3 free tickets and thanked their lucky stars. I feel sorry for children that young that have to fly.

On one of our return trips from Phoenix I sat next to a mother with a 6 month old. All went well until she tried to pass off a fully loaded diaper as nothing more than "bad air." I assessed the situation differently (my eyes were stinging from the odor) and asked her to please check again. A fresh diaper was the answer and the rest of the flight went without incident. A little sympathy for the other passengers goes a long way.
23rd January 2007 12:56 PM
egon what the hell is airtran?
23rd January 2007 12:59 PM
glencar It's a pretty good airline actually that offers discount flights around the US. Used to be known as ValuJet but mergers & stuff led to a name change.
23rd January 2007 12:59 PM
Some Guy check the water bottle.
23rd January 2007 01:02 PM
fireontheplatter me neither....
on second thought
it's the parents fault
i think
control that child now
23rd January 2007 02:29 PM
pdog My kids are perfect angels when they have flown. If the kid was a nightmare on the flight, this id is like that everywhere they go.... If i was in that situation these parents where in, i would've been off the plane before they had to ask...
23rd January 2007 04:42 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
check the water bottle.

"cough... cough... its good... cough.... real good man... cough"
23rd January 2007 06:09 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
me neither....
on second thought
it's the parents fault
i think
control that child now

quote:
JB wrote:
They are very pampered..almost like despots...they control everything around ..the have greater power than most heads of state.

23rd January 2007 06:37 PM
glencar I'm amazed these people aren't talking lawsuit.
23rd January 2007 07:30 PM
pdog lawsuit? Aren't they required by law to have the kid in a car seat? you put the kid in that, and they aren't getting out... problem solved, I'm wondering what really went down, i would love to have been a fly-on-the-wall for this.
23rd January 2007 08:19 PM
glencar It sounds like the 'rents were trying to get the kid to sit in the row in front of them. Yes, kids like to sit w/o their parents next to them.
23rd January 2007 08:32 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
It sounds like the 'rents were trying to get the kid to sit in the row in front of them. Yes, kids like to sit w/o their parents next to them.

a 3 year old? that doesn't jive, who the hell was putting the kid in the required car seat if the parents weren't sitting with them? This sounds like bad parenting to me... Which is always my gripe with people trying legislate responsibilty, it can't really be done.
23rd January 2007 08:37 PM
glencar what about that proposed cali law that bans spanking?
23rd January 2007 08:41 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
what about that proposed cali law that bans spanking?

Stupid... and the Jersey one that says you can't smoke in your car if kids are in it... if we need laws to stop people from doing this stuff, chances are the parent is doing far worse to fuck a kid up, like not feeding them good or educating them ect... the list goes on, and makes my head spin. Even liberal hippie Keno would tel lyou, especially with boys between 3 and 5, sometimes they need a smack on the ass.
23rd January 2007 10:04 PM
glencar I think spanking should be avoided but to enact a law is nannyism at its worst.
24th January 2007 01:06 AM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
I think spanking should be avoided but to enact a law is nannyism at its worst.

you've never had a three year old defy you, and you have nowhere to run...
i only had to do it three times, but i turned him around, gave him a smack on his butt and sent him to his room. i was so against trying it, i felt so much guilt, i was worried on so many levels... And you know what.. It worked, at least in our case. We use time outs, but not the go to your room kind so much. We take stuff away, dessert, TV, certain toys and games. The real bottom line, I've learned about parenting is, you have to involved alot. This is how learned how selfish i was, at least now i see the results of the sacrafice, and in the end, what little I gave up, i got more back than i ever expected... It's sad, but there's alot of people with kids, who shouldn't have them... if you smoke in your house or car with kids around, that's fucking sick. I stopped smoking inside b/c it was gross anyway... i get ill when i see some fat little 3 year old eating candy at 9 AM too. i just wanna hit the parents in the head, what the fuck is wrong with them?
24th January 2007 01:14 AM
Zack Sounds like the parents were together on a two seat row and the kid was in front of them. That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard! You put the kid next to the window with one of the parents on the aisle so it can't leave the seat.

The parents must be idiots, and the kid definitely their first. I blame them, not the airline.
24th January 2007 02:42 AM
pdog
quote:
Zack wrote:
Sounds like the parents were together on a two seat row and the kid was in front of them. That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard! You put the kid next to the window with one of the parents on the aisle so it can't leave the seat.

The parents must be idiots, and the kid definitely their first. I blame them, not the airline.

This keeps on confusing me. having flown with my children many times, kids aren't allowed in the aisle seat, never.... and it's prefered they be in the window seat... a child, who legally must be in a child safety seat ie: car seat, must be with the parents... i know i'm a bit feisty today, but these parents need a serious flick on the finger to their heads... Maybe we're talking about really stupid people here...
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)