ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© 1975 Lynn Goldsmith
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: rs.com e-mail address? Return to archive
22nd January 2007 09:26 AM
Gazza can anyone help with this? I need a contact e-mail for rs.con

Didnt renew my platinum membership when it expired and apparently I have 60 days to request a refund. (Contrary to the policy statement on the site, they didnt e-mail me to invite me to renew it). When I go through the various pages to request a refund, I get a message that says 'This offer is only open to Platinum members' which is totally contradictory (ie, how the hell are you then expected to get a refund if your membership has expired?)

Amazing how such an expensive site can be an absolute shambles.

Any tips for a contact e-mail would be appreciated. There's an Ultrastar phone number in the credits page, but I dont see why I should have to phone New York to get a refund when I'm supposed to be able to do it online.
22nd January 2007 09:44 AM
mac_daddy i thought the refund was automatic after the tour...

so you arent renewing for the european leg..?

22nd January 2007 09:50 AM
PartyDoll MEG I just searched myself. It appears I still have a platinum membership, which automatically renews on it's expiration date. I do get a cancel option however.

Guess your only option, Gazza, is to go to the help page and complain/ask nicely and hope someone answers you. There is a little "guarantee" at the bottom of the home page, which gives you a place to make a request....

Don't ya love RS.com!!!
22nd January 2007 09:51 AM
Jeep This email is for technical problems :

[email protected]

I dunno if this email can help you, Gazza...
22nd January 2007 10:18 AM
Gazza Thanks for the replies

Mac - No, I'm not taking the chance. There's no announcement of dates yet, nothing has been mentioned about unused memberships being valid for future ticket purchases, and from past experience if I try and use my old code, it probably wont work anyway. My previous membership expired on 30.11.06, so I have 60 days to renew it. I'd held off hoping there'd be an announcement of shows by that date, but I doubt we'll hear anything that soon. If we get a tour, I'll weigh up my options before considering whether its worth re-joining. I'm not losing out on $100 while I wait on an announcement.

Meg - tried those guarantee and help links and they dont lead anywhere but a page telling me its for platinum members only. I cancelled the auto-renew option last year (it wasnt an option when I signed up - the sneaky bastards added it as a default option later on without telling anyone)

Jeep - thanks for that address. I sent it there and got an automated reply that it had been received.

[Edited by Gazza]
22nd January 2007 11:31 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
Gazza wrote:
can anyone help with this? I need a contact e-mail for rs.con

"rs.con"

funny!!!!

I dont know if that was intentional or not, but man that sure fits!
22nd January 2007 11:33 AM
Gazza It certainly was intentional!
22nd January 2007 11:38 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
Gazza wrote:
It certainly was intentional!

22nd January 2007 12:13 PM
GotToRollMe You've probably been to this page already, but this is your best bet. I've emailed them before and actually gotten a response, so it's worth a shot.

http://www.rollingstones.com/help/faqAnswer.php?faqID=134&catID=3
22nd January 2007 11:03 PM
sweetcharmedlife Try this # 1-800-ask-mick
23rd January 2007 09:10 AM
chevysales thanks for reminding me although i had until may i just canceled my platinum membership.

i did it via logging in and then using the my account link... everything seemed to go fine.
[Edited by chevysales]
23rd January 2007 09:12 AM
Gazza Thanks for all your help. Credit where it's due, they replied to me within 24 hours, so hopefully I'll get sorted out soon.
23rd January 2007 09:22 AM
egon
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Credit where it's due,

In the bankaccount of RS.SCUM...?
24th January 2007 05:06 AM
Homercles Reading the subject of this message thread reminded me to cancel my membership before the automatic renewal date comes up which is soon. I just saved the screen image confirming my cancellation for in the event rs.com tries to con me.

I hope you get it all sorted Gazza.
24th January 2007 07:05 AM
Gazza Looks like I spoke too soon. Whilst they've offered me a refund, they can only send me a cheque in US dollars because my original transaction took place in 2005 (funny, they didnt mention THAT on the terms and conditions - how difficult is it to re-credit my credit card?)...so I'll probably have to pay a fee to my bank for the privilege of getting the refund.

Fucking unbelievable.
[Edited by Gazza]
24th January 2007 08:48 AM
egon you've been fucked!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)