ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© Eddie Kramer
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: i LOVE the old fashioned RnR Return to archive
01-22-04 12:33 AM
rollnrocker just picked up this cd from work at universal - joe cocker's greatest hits. seriously, i had no idea there were so many songs sung by cocker that i've always loved. except 'You are so beautiful', b/c that one is just legendary. seems like every wedding i've ever attended played that song sometime during the night.

and of course theres 'With a little help from my friends'. i didnt even realize cocker sang that song (i should have known, his voice is so unique). its the same exact version they used as the theme song to the Wonder Years. the beatles wrote it, but i still like cocker's version better. and then theres “Up Where We Belong” and “Feeling Alright". all classics.

so many great songs on this record. and really, there *should* be - the 20 songs cover his best work from '69 to '99. a 30 year career! this is the only record to collect his whole career on one cd. the players and guest singers are really cool too - soooo many cool players on here. its like a game of 6 degrees of seperation: what do led zepplin and joe cocker have in common? Jimmy Page, man! he's playing licks all over the place. especially the lead guitar in 'With a little help from my friends".
01-22-04 12:58 AM
Prodigal Son Oh yeh, he had great stuff for a 6 or 7 year period. Other kick-ass songs, "The Letter," "High Time We Went," "Space Captain," "Cry Me a River," "Darling Be Home Soon." And he does a really cool version of "Honky Tonk Women" on 1970's live set Mad Dogs and Englishmen. Unfortunately he was a big boozehound and it ruined his stretch of credibility by the mid-70s as evidenced by "You Are So Beautiful" written by our buddy Billy Preston. Great singing style, strange to watch on stage.
01-22-04 01:09 AM
stonedinaustralia by far the most "soulful" of all the wanna be black '60's english acts
01-22-04 01:21 PM
glencar You Can Leave Your Hat On.
01-22-04 01:33 PM
steel driving hammer
quote:
glencar wrote:
You Can Leave Your Hat On.

Nice one.

I can feel that one right now.

Another gooden' is Bad Company's "Good Lovin' Gone Bad"

Bring back any memories?

How bout Deep Purple's "Woman From Toyko" - Good piano rocker.

01-22-04 01:38 PM
steel driving hammer Glencar you may now celebrate your 4000th Post this weekend!

BEST VIEWED HIGH