ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© Eddie Kramer
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Bootleg Series, Mr.Jones Return to archive
01-20-04 05:54 PM
Saint Sway Dylans releasing the 6th installment of his Bootleg Series. Each has been a really well chosen show - both for the historic relevance and for the desire amongst series collectors and avid rock fans alike

I really wish the Stones would do something similiar to this. Theres so many classic gems that they have professionally recorded that they could remaster and release

seems like a no brainer with a big financial upside

when and if do you think they'll ever get around to releasing stuff like the Marquee Club, El Mocombo, Knebworth Fair etc ?
01-20-04 06:37 PM
Phog Marquee Club and Knebworth aren't all that great. I'm with you on the El Mocambo stuff, though. There's no reason they shouldn't approach this issue the way Dylan has. I just hope that someone figures this out during my lifetime.
01-20-04 06:39 PM
scratched .........
[Edited by scratched]
01-20-04 06:39 PM
scratched Who knows when they'll release the old live shows - maybe when they've retired. No doubt they will f@ck these releases up somehow (mixing up running orders, omitting songs, 'transplanting' parts from other performances) as usual and end up p1ssing off all the fans who own the bootlegs.

BEST VIEWED HIGH