ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© Eddie Kramer
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Downloading (the stones) Return to archive Page: 1 2
01-20-04 04:18 PM
egon Hello you all.

I've been using kazaalite for a long time now and am pretty happy with it. But the problem is that you mainly find single songs and mainstream music on it. so when it comes to the stones i rarely find something that i do not have.

Recently i've started using EMULE as well, and let me tell you; it fucking rocks!

Loads of stones stuff and a lot of bootlegs (both records and films).

You'll mainly find full albums, rather than single songs, and can sometimes even download an artist's whole catalogue in 1 go.

It is not as simple to use as kazaa, so if you are not too familiar with pc's this might not be for you.

But if you are interested, you can download it here.
(and read user reviews)

http://download.com.com/3000-2166-1...tml?tag=lst-0-1

Cheers

Egon

01-20-04 04:20 PM
glencar You are awesome. I need rarities.
01-20-04 04:28 PM
egon you will not be disappointed.
takes a bit of time to get used to though.
you will have to change server from time to time in order to find new stuff. (At least I think so , cos am still new at this myself. )

[Edited by egon]
01-20-04 04:32 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat Egon: this is illegal. I will have to report this.
01-20-04 04:34 PM
egon 1 word: multiple sources.
01-20-04 04:35 PM
glencar There's always a non-Heinekin narc lurking somewhere...
01-20-04 04:36 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
glencar wrote:
There's always a non-Heinekin narc lurking somewhere...

Yeah. Cos Heineken sucks.
01-20-04 04:39 PM
egon SSC is not dutch. he's from Breda and therefore belgian.

01-20-04 04:40 PM
glencar Breda must be like New Jersey!
01-20-04 04:40 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
egon wrote:
SSC is not dutch. he's from Breda and therefore belgian.

Hell I'm not!!! I'm a reserve Belgian!
01-20-04 04:45 PM
glencar The Belgians told me the Dutch were cheap!
01-20-04 04:46 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
glencar wrote:
The Belgians told me the Dutch were cheap!

Belgians are stupid.
01-20-04 04:48 PM
egon sooo..... back to this downloading thing. cool hey?
01-20-04 04:49 PM
glencar Oops! Sorry. I just thought even today, people have their prejudices.
01-20-04 04:50 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
glencar wrote:
Oops! Sorry. I just thought even today, people have their prejudices.

Yeah. And I'm not cheap. I am very expensive.
01-20-04 05:52 PM
digishot http://www.sharingthegroove.org

is for me a good one
01-21-04 07:37 AM
Angiegirl
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:
Hell I'm not!!! I'm a reserve Belgian!

Me 2

01-21-04 08:59 AM
Moonisup
quote:
egon wrote:
SSC is not dutch. he's from Breda and therefore belgian.

absolutely true
01-21-04 09:08 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Moonisup wrote:

absolutely true

NFW.
01-21-04 09:08 AM
exilestones@netscape Gaga googoo
01-21-04 12:12 PM
Factory Girl Do you down & burn?
01-21-04 01:24 PM
egon I'm telling you it fucking kicks balls.
So much suff on there, i don't know where to begin to download.

i wish JB was here to see this.
01-21-04 04:54 PM
egon all sorts of formats can be found.
lot of zipped stuff as well
try it, if you don't like it just uninstall.
the program itself ain't that big.
01-21-04 04:56 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat Egon: I reported you.
01-21-04 04:59 PM
egon you are belgian. you wouldn't know your head from your ass, let alone how to report me!
01-21-04 05:01 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
egon wrote:
you are belgian. you wouldn't know your head from your ass, let alone how to report me!

Hell, I did report you! Belgians are very clever nowadays.
01-21-04 05:55 PM
mac_daddy be careful...

Industry Files 532 Music-Sharing Lawsuits

Jan 21, 3:31 PM (ET)

By TED BRIDIS

WASHINGTON (AP) - The recording industry on Wednesday sued 532 computer users it said were illegally distributing songs over the Internet, the first lawsuits since a federal appeals court blocked the use of special copyright subpoenas to identify those being targeted.

The action represents the largest number of lawsuits filed at one time since the trade group for the largest music labels, the Recording Industry Association of America, launched its controversial legal campaign last summer to cripple Internet music piracy.

Music lawyers filed the newest cases against "John Doe" defendants - identified only by their numeric Internet protocol addresses - and expected to work through the courts to learn their names and where they live.

The recording association said each person was illegally distributing an average of more than 800 songs online. Each defendant faces potential civil penalties or settlements that could cost them thousands of dollars.

The resumed legal campaign was intended to discourage music fans emboldened by last month's federal appeals court decision, which dramatically increased the cost and effort to track computer users swapping songs online and sue them.

"Our campaign against illegal file sharers is not missing a beat," said Cary Sherman, president of the recording association. "The message to illegal file sharers should be as clear as ever."

All 532 lawsuits were filed in Washington and New York - home to Verizon Internet Services Inc. and Time Warner Inc. and a few other prominent Internet providers - although the recording association said it expects to discover through traditional subpoenas that these defendants live across the United States.

The RIAA said that after its lawyers discover the identity of each defendant, they will contact each person to negotiate a financial settlement before amending the lawsuit to formally name the defendant and, if necessary, transfer the case to the proper courthouse.

Verizon had successfully challenged the industry's use of copyright subpoenas, one of its most effective tools to track illegal downloaders. The U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia ruled last month that the recording industry can't use the subpoenas to force Internet providers to identify music downloaders without filing a lawsuit.

The court said that copyright subpoenas available under the 1998 Digital Millennium Copyright Act "betrays no awareness whatsoever that Internet users might be able directly to exchange files containing copyrighted works."

---

On the Net:

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20040121/D807E3CO0.html

RIAA: www.riaa.org

Subpoena Defense: www.subpoenadefense.org
01-21-04 05:59 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat That's it. Mac_daddy is on report too.
01-21-04 06:20 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:
That's it. Mac_daddy is on report too.

whoa!

what did I do..?

I am just passing on a news article I saw this afternoon...
01-22-04 04:47 AM
egon that's the USA; I live in europe

and emule downloads from multiple sources, so no one ever shares a whole file with someone else...
[Edited by egon]
Page: 1 2

BEST VIEWED HIGH