ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© Eddie Kramer
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Chess Sessions Return to archive
01-18-04 01:12 PM
Soul Survivor Can anyone give me some info on this boot. Are the songs all unreleased, or released versions of the songs with some gems thrown in. Help me out
01-18-04 01:18 PM
beer THE CHESS SESSIONS

1.- IT´S ALL OVER NOW

2.- I CANT BE SATISFIED

3.- STEWED AND KEEFED

4.- TIME IS ON MY SIDE(V.1)

5.-GOOD TIMES BAD TIMES

6.-DONT LIE TO ME

7.- AROUND AND AROUND

8.- 2120 SOUTH MICHIGAN AVENUE(V1)

9.- EMPTY HEART

10.- DOWN IN THE BOTTOM

11.- REELIN AND ROCKIN

12.- DOWN THE ROAD APIECE

13.- HIGH HEELED SNEAKERS

14.- LOOK WHAT YOUVE DONE

15.- CONFESSION THE BLUES

16.- 2120 SOUTH MICHIGAN AVENUE (V 2)

17.- IF YOU NEED ME

18.- TELL ME BABY (HOW MANY TIMES)

19- TIME IS ON MY SIDE (V 2)

20.- LITTLE RED ROOSTER

21.- WHAT A SHAME

22.- FANNY MAE (BBC)

23.- MERCY MERCY

24.- THATS HOW STRONG MY LOVE IS

25.- THE UNDER ASSISTANT WEST COAST PROMOTION MAN

26.- SATISFACTION

01-18-04 01:23 PM
Soul Survivor So are the songs that are on official releases....(Confessin' The Blues, Satisfaction), are these the versions that appear on the official albums
01-18-04 02:15 PM
luridchief Speaking of Chess--I just "upgraded" a lot of my Chess recordings to newer, remastered versions.

I had all the great Chess Box Sets from the late 80s (Berry, Dixon, Diddley, Howlin' Wolf & Muddy Waters), but sonically they were starting to leave a bit to be desired.

The iTunes Music Store has the remastered, 50 song "Anthology" sets for Chuck and Muddy, as well as Howlin' Wolf's "His Best" Volumes 1 & 2. Also, Bo Diddley's "His Best." No Dixon remaster yet, so I'll be hanging on to the old one for awhile.

Audiowise, this stuff sounds AMAZING! You can really hear Dixon's stand up bass on the Berry tunes and Hubert Sumlin's guitar SIZZLES on the Wolf tracks. Major improvement sound-wise from the earlier Chess Box sets. You lose a few tunes, but the track selection on the new sets is first rate.

I also saved quite a bit of dough--the 50-song anthologies were only $19.95 as opposed to $29.95 in the stores--and I didn't even have to venture out into the cold!
01-19-04 11:08 AM
T&A these are the officially-released tunes (save for a couple never released - you can figure that out for yourself). These are presented in chronological recording order and were the best-sounding to date - but no longer with the ABKCO reissues....

BEST VIEWED HIGH