ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© Eddie Kramer
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Wim Wenders - The soul of a man Return to archive
01-18-04 07:51 AM
caro I've seen that documentary yesterday, since it's just been released in France...
It's mainly about Skip James and JB Lenoir,and it features plenty of other musicians covering their songs : Lou Reed, Bonnie Raitt, Cassandra Wilson, Eagle Eye Cherry (WTF?), Nick Cave, JSBE... So it sounds rather good, the problem being that you only hear, like, 30 seconds of each song before the film cuts to another scene. So it's quite frustrating.
Actually, it's not a very wenders-ish film : plenty of explanations, some really cheap effects, and the story moves ahead rapidly...
I'm happy I went because I didn't know anything about JB Lenoir (didn't even know the John Mayall song about him...man, I have to get some Mayall albums!). So it was cool for me to discover. But I suppose it will be a rather irritating film for those who already know both Skip James and Lenoir.

(oh, the Stones content : You can see two seconds of Mick Taylor as he goes onstage with Mayall)

BEST VIEWED HIGH