ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© Eddie Kramer
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: And the top grossing tour of 2003 is????? Return to archive
01-17-04 06:32 PM
100 Years Ago Ladies and Gentleman, the greatest rock n roll band in the world, would you welcome please the Rolling stones!

Here's the story from Billboard (some interesting use of Stones song title i.e. Tops and "any way you look at it":

Stones Were Tops on Tour in 2003
32 minutes ago Add Entertainment - Reuters to My Yahoo!

By Ray Waddell

NASHVILLE (Billboard) - Bruce Springsteen (news) and his mighty E Street Band put up some huge numbers on the road in 2003. But Springsteen was not the top touring artist of 2003, despite numerous media claims to the contrary.

The record-setting Rising tour kicked some major stadium-level tail all over the world. Springsteen even threw in a world-record stand in his home state of New Jersey. At 54, he put together the top-grossing run of his 30-plus years of national touring. The Rising tour, the Jersey stand and Springsteen's remarkable year of touring were well-chronicled in these pages. We love Bruce.

But any way you look at it, the Rolling Stones grossed far more than Springsteen did last year.

From start to finish, the Stones' Licks tour grossed $299,520,230 from 113 shows dating back to September 2002. We lumped the entire tour into 2003's Billboard Boxscore stats because we received them all at once from promoter Michael Cohl's office at the end of the tour. We do not estimate.

For the year, Springsteen's reported grosses totaled $181.7 million worldwide. If you take away the $90 million or so the Stones did in fall 2002, the band still easily outpaced Springsteen. The Boss' tour grossed $221.5 million from 121 shows, so tour for tour, the Stones also topped Springsteen's by more than $70 million.

There is no sin in being out-grossed by the Rolling Stones, particularly when they charged significantly more per ticket than Springsteen did. The Stones top the list every time they go out. They are the No. 1 touring act of all time.

In just about any other year, Springsteen would have far and away been the No. 1 touring act. Clearly, there is more to a tour's success than how much money it makes, like critical acclaim, attendance, creativity and profit margin. But Billboard ranks tours by box office. And in 2003, the Rolling Stones performed better at the box office than any act in the world.

Here's the link: http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=638&ncid=579&e=9&u=/nm/20040117/en_nm/music_stones_dc
01-17-04 06:50 PM
stonedatbirth666 The Stones shoulda made the most! Yes they are the greatest band in the world, but dam the prices of nose bleed seats are fuckin insane! They each have millions and millions of dollars, if they tour again (which I dont think they will for the Sir bullshit} the prices should be a hell of a lot cheaper. The Stones have always been the working mans band, the dregs of society love em. You go to a show and it seems to be a yuppie gathering! It is not just the Stones but society in general ALL ABOUT THE FUCKIN$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ it makes me sick. Peace.
01-17-04 07:09 PM
SHINE A LIGHT um...."Peace"??????
01-17-04 08:43 PM
TracyGene
quote:
stonedatbirth666 wrote:
The Stones shoulda made the most! Yes they are the greatest band in the world, but dam the prices of nose bleed seats are fuckin insane! They each have millions and millions of dollars, if they tour again (which I dont think they will for the Sir bullshit} the prices should be a hell of a lot cheaper. The Stones have always been the working mans band, the dregs of society love em. You go to a show and it seems to be a yuppie gathering! It is not just the Stones but society in general ALL ABOUT THE FUCKIN$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ it makes me sick. Peace.

Got no pride,don't know whose boots to lick
We act so greedy,makes me sick sick sick

"Highwire" circa;1991
01-17-04 09:03 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
SHINE A LIGHT wrote:
um...."Peace"??????

Peace for the wicked...
01-17-04 09:39 PM
SHINE A LIGHT
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:

Peace for the wicked...

MW....are you as confused as i am???
01-18-04 12:33 PM
Monkey Woman Stonedatbirth666 *is* confusing. Or confused. Or something...
01-18-04 12:44 PM
stonedatbirth666 no just truthful. peace
01-18-04 01:04 PM
SHINE A LIGHT hey MW, i surely agree. i'd say all of what you've suggested. but, i have a theory, MW please check your pm in about two minutes. thanks.
01-18-04 01:17 PM
littleredrooster Keep your paper routes kids!
Start saving NOW!
In 2005 when they tour again you will be happy that you planned ahead!

Roostah
01-20-04 01:46 PM
glencar Next tour, I'm going to Germany or Holland.
01-20-04 02:03 PM
Joey

Next tour , I'm going to DisneyWorld !

................and you ?!?!

" Mizner Park Me Ronnie ! "

Jacky !
01-20-04 02:05 PM
glencar You haven't been there obviously? Dull & no Stones content inside.
01-20-04 02:09 PM
steel driving hammer Yeah, I'm your long lost man, don't you recognize me??????
Gimme some money baby, I'm broke!
Why don't you, why don't you dig right down in your purse
And gimme some dough!
Yeah don't you remember me baby!
Don't you remember all those Jean Paul Gaultier dresses
I bought you and all those tickets to the opera?
What about that bright red Ferrari I bought you now?
And all those, and all those shoeeeeeees??????????????????
Yeah I know it's the recession baby, but give me some money!
Yeah come on now be generous!

Oh yeah alright!
01-20-04 02:13 PM
glencar The first half of that album is awesome baby. And then Side 2 starts...
01-20-04 02:15 PM
Joey
Is that a " Roxy Music " album ?!?!

Developing ...................
01-20-04 02:16 PM
glencar Brain Ferry, why did you go all ballad-y on us? First you & now Keith! Oy vey, the pain!
01-20-04 02:31 PM
Joey
Avalon ?!?!?!?!

http://www.roxyrama.com/history/ferry2003-tourdates.html
01-20-04 02:50 PM
glencar "Kiss & Tell" was a nasty shot across Jerri's bow. But quite tasty in an 80's way!
01-20-04 02:56 PM
Joey

That's right , he " dated " Hall in the mid ' 70's .

01-20-04 03:01 PM
glencar They were almost married but then she went with some big lipped guy in NY. She's more afmous than Bri right now.
01-20-04 03:04 PM
Joey " She's more afmous than Bri right now. "

But not Paris Hilton !!!!!

What ?!?!?!

Nah , too easy ....................

Jacky !
01-20-04 04:01 PM
glencar I love Paris. She should visit Long Island for her next show.
01-20-04 04:12 PM
Joey " I love Paris. She should visit Long Island for her next show. "

David Letterman worships her and plans to get Paris on the show soon !

Word !
01-20-04 04:19 PM
glencar But when? She was supposed to be on a while ago & never showed. What a slutsky!
01-20-04 04:29 PM
Joey " What a slutsky! "

Hey , that's my future wife !

Jacky Hilton !!!!
01-20-04 04:31 PM
glencar But you'll share right? After all, she'll need to get out of Nebraska every few weeks. I mean, don't they all?
01-20-04 04:33 PM
Joey " But you'll share right? After all, she'll need to get out of Nebraska every few weeks. I mean, don't they all? "

Oh Hell yeah , I am going to share her with you and ALL of my C -10 Brothers .

She's yours whenever you want .

After all , she IS all paid for !!!!

{ CA - RACK }

Triple Ronnie !

[Edited by Joey]
01-20-04 04:34 PM
glencar She cost a lot though. Girls' fambly is worth billions.
01-20-04 04:35 PM
Joey

Pass the Biscuits !

BEST VIEWED HIGH