ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© Eddie Kramer
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mick Taylor first compositions and recordings! (MP3 and photos inside) Return to archive
01-17-04 01:10 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Now to celebrate Mick Taylor’s 55th birthday and since I know many of you know him only by his work with the Rolling Stones and after the Stones, this is to give you some images and specially some tracks composed by Mick Taylor & John Mayall and one composed by Mick Taylor only. All of them recorded by John Mayall and the Blues Breakers.

The tracks were recorded by me from my old vinyl LPs, I recorded only one channel, the one with Mick Taylor. When I was recording a fourth track, which I consider his best pre-stones solo "vacation" from Blues from Laurel Canyon) I realized that I was recording only one channel, but in this particular case Mick was in the other channel

1.- “Snowy Wood” written by John Mayall & Mick Taylor, recorded late 1966 or early 1967 (Mick being 17 becoming 18 years old). From the album “Crusade” released 1967

http://rocksoff.org/h4-micktaylorjohnmayall-snowywood-1967.mp3

This is Mick playing Amsterdam on November 8, 1967

2.- “No Reply” written by John Mayall & Mick Taylor, recorded late 1968 (Mick being 19 years old). From the album “Bare Wires” released 1968

http://rocksoff.org/h4-micktaylorjohnmayall-noreply-1968.mp3

3.- “Keef Quits” Written by Mick Taylor alone (well the real name is “Hartley Quits” as Hartley is Keef Hartley) from the same sessions and same album as the above.

http://rocksoff.org/h4-micktaylorjohnmayall-hartleyquits.mp3

These are some pictures from the Bare Wires sessions, all by Pete Smith

[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
01-17-04 07:10 AM
beer thank you voodoo.

thats how taylor must have looked while playin lap steel on country honk!

86 me ronnie!!!

-
[Edited by beer]
01-17-04 10:58 AM
caro Thanks voodoo! I had never heard those.

The header pic is great too. It's weird to think he joined the Stones only 1 year later. Funny how all guitar players in the world seem to have that same absorbed look on their face when they're teenagers. My big brother used to look like that too!
01-17-04 02:44 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Now to celebrate Mick Taylor’s 55th birthday...

Isn't he 56 today?
01-18-04 12:12 PM
Tom He was born January 17, 1949 so it's his 55th
01-18-04 12:27 PM
Monkey Woman Wow, even younger than Ronnie, then. It must have been bewildering for a 20 year old to join a band/gang like the Stones, when everybody else was older and had years of knowing and working with each other before.
01-18-04 01:26 PM
littleredrooster Great nostalgia shots, Voodoo!

Thanks!

Roostah
01-18-04 02:26 PM
jaggergurl Thanks so much, VoodooChile.. what a great treat! Belated Birthday greetings to Mick Taylor!
01-18-04 11:21 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl This is another shot from the "Bare Wires Sessions", to be honest I'm not sure if it is from the sessions but I'm 100% sure it is on the back cover of "Bare Wires" as I scanned it from my old album.

It was used as header, so here os now in this thread

Bare Wires Sessions - 1968
© Pete Smith">
01-18-04 11:23 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
jaggergurl wrote:
Thanks so much, VoodooChile.. what a great treat! Belated Birthday greetings to Mick Taylor!

You're welcome gurl! Glad you and many more like this treat, specially the music files

BEST VIEWED HIGH