ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© Eddie Kramer
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rolling Stones: The Concert That Never Was (Created By Me) Return to archive
01-16-04 11:17 PM
Soul Survivor *This concert will take place in New York (Madison Square Garden), 12/31/04)*

Mick Jagger - Vocals
Keith Richards - Guitars, Background Vocals
Ron Wood - Guitars, Background Vocals
Charlie Watts - Drums
Darryl Jones - Bass
Billy Preston - Keyboards

(Bridges To Babylon Tour Intro)

*Blast*!

1. If You Can't Rock Me
2. Lies

*Mick welcomes the audience. He says New York is the place to be on this cold December night. He says the band is going to perform and old cover they did in the 60's...but he can't remember what album it's on*

3. She Said Yeah (Older fans are in a frenzy)

*Mick takes off his leather jacket to reveal a shirt that says "Who The Fuck Are The Beatles?". They crowd goes nuts. He asks them to sing along on the next one*

4. Saint Of Me
5. Ain't Too Proud To Beg

*Mick asks the crowd if they are grooving. They all chear. One girl clearly yells "Paint It Black You Devils!". Mick responds; "Well, it wasn't planned, but Keith...*

6. Paint It Black
7. Mean Disposition

*Mick looks out into the crowd and notices Bill Wyman is sitting in the front row. "Well what do we have here!?" he exclaims. Him and Keith get onto the same mic and persuade Bill to join them onstage. Finally, he goes on stage. The place chears wild for about 2 minutes straight...*

8. Live With Me

*Bill sounds a little shaky on bass, but he manages to get through the song. Mick asks if he wants to play on stage some more, and he says he would rather watch the band from the crowd. Some fans look upset, but the band all shake his hand and the crowd cheers as security helps him back to his seat. Mick says the next one is dedicated to Boy George.*

9. When The Whip Comes Down
10. Highwire

*Band Introductions - *Mick: "Thank you! Alright! I'd like to take this time to tell you whose up here playing tonight. First, on keyboards, and old friend of ours...Billy Preston! On the bass, the brother from another mother, Darryl Jones! Next on guitar, Rod Stewart eat your heart out, Ron Wood! On drums, the father of anti grunge, Charlie Watts! (10 minute ovation). On the guitar Mr. Keith Fuckin' Richards! Alright, I'm gonna turn the mic over to Keith now..."

*Keith: Muah, Bah, Blah, Yeah!, Muah, Blah! (Laughs). (Fans don't understand what he is saying). Yehsmd Djkshnf fjfh (Laughs even harder). It's good to be here...it's good to be anywhere! This one's called "Little T&A"*

11. Little T&A
12. Wanna Hold You

*The lights dim. They start flashing and Mick pops up from underneath the stage. The crowd is in a frenzy. The whole band walks across the bridge provided to a little stage in the middle of the crowd where they pick up Acoustic instruments.*

13. 2,000 Man
14. Slipping Away (Mick and Keith both share vocals)

*Mick pulls a Rolex out of his pocket and shows it to the crowd in a very proud manner. No one is impressed. Anyway, he says the time is 11:59. He chats with the crowd. He points over to the screen on the big stage....12, 11, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1!.....HAPPY NEW YEAR!. The place goes nuts. Mick says in honor of the new year, the are going to do an acoustic arrangement on a well known tune*

15. Satisfaction

*The band walks back to the big stage*

16. All Down The Line
17. Hand Of Fate
18. That's How Strong My Love Is
19. Tops
20. Jiving Sister Fanny

*Mick: Thank you! Goodnight! You've been wonderful! Happy New Year!.....the band goes backstage. After about 2 minutes...keyboards start playing almost spooky music...*

21. 2,000 Lightyears From Home (Encore)

*Mick thanks everyone for coming once again. He says he wants the crowd to get moving on this one"

22. Jumping Jack Flash (Encore)

*The band all goes to the front of the stage. They bow, and walk off*
--------------------------------------------------------
The next day it is on the front page of the paper.

ROLLING STONES ROCKIN' THE NEW YEAR
By: Joe Somebody

Last night will go down in history. The worlds greatest Rock and roll band , the Rolling Stones, played the garden last night and helped welcome the new year in. It was a rocking show, built around lesser known tunes. But the usual 'Jumpin Jack Flash' and 'Satisfaction' were performed. Fans were treated to a surprise as former bassist Bill Wyman joined the band on stage to jam for a song. Mick Jagger once again shows that you can rock no matter how old you are. Great concert over all. 4.5 stars out of 5.
---------------------------------------------------------
Bootlegs begin to be produced of the show....

"Rolling In The New Year"

"Till The Next Time We Say Goodbye To 2004"

*Note, the first is an audience recording. The last is a soundboard. Stick with the soundboard, better quality".
---------------------------------------------------------

HA! This is all completely fictional of course. Just a fun little post created by me, myself, and I
01-17-04 05:04 AM
Steel Wheels Fun, very fun, but I doubt Bill Wyman would get such a greeting from the crowd.
01-17-04 06:54 AM
Monkey Woman
quote:
Mick says the next one is dedicated to Boy George.*

9. When The Whip Comes Down

LOL! Another one who must have had the hots for Mick!
01-17-04 10:29 AM
TracyGene That would be a concert for the ages.That would be a great set list.
01-17-04 11:30 AM
Soul Survivor See, another point that has been proven many many times before. The stones are almost afraid to venture away from the known songs. I mean they have a HUGE following that would enjoy a concert with ANY of the hits
01-18-04 12:21 AM
Steel Wheels Anything the Stones want to play I'll gladly respond by singing, clapping, and dancing my stupid dances.
01-18-04 02:26 AM
Gimme Shelter Very cool show.
01-18-04 03:03 AM
Madafaka
quote:
Steel Wheels wrote:
Anything the Stones want to play I'll gladly respond by singing, clapping, and dancing my stupid dances.

LOL! You're right man! You made me laught

BEST VIEWED HIGH