ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© Eddie Kramer
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ever take your kid's to a concert?? Return to archive
01-14-04 08:41 AM
mickmask Has anyone ever taken their kid('s) to a Stones concert? I've taken my 10 yr. old and a friend to an Avril Lavign show and the screaming still rings in my ears!! They loved it... but I am considering taking my daughter to the next Stones gig I go to. I know it may not be the best environment for a kid but it's so important that she sees them before their done. She already knows all their music...(smart mom), and it would be something like us saying that we saw the Beatles when we were a kid...0NLY MUCH BETTER!!!!!! I'm getting some flak about it from some people.... any advice???
01-14-04 08:46 AM
Jumacfly i think that s a cool idea, a very rnr idea!!..she will thank you later !!
chers
Ju
01-14-04 09:59 AM
UGot2Rollme I took my 15-yr old to see the Stones in Zurich last year and he enjoyed it. I think YCAGWYW was his favorite - also followed up with 40 Licks as Xmas CD. He doesn't seem to have much interest in watching Flicks, but maybe someday...

Other shows we've been to together: Kiss (he was 9 and wore make-up), Red Hot Chili Peppers (twice), Aerosmith/Fuel and Aerosmith/Kid Rock.

We've got to pass this sweet rock n'roll thing down to the next generation!
01-14-04 10:02 AM
nankerphelge I won't take my two girls until they are old enuf to drag their dad's drunkenchiba ass outta the show and drive him home.
01-14-04 10:10 AM
egon i think it's easier to take them to a stones concert than to avril, cos you're surounded by old people
01-14-04 10:24 AM
glencar Take them. It's cultural history & they shouldn't miss it.
01-14-04 11:19 AM
LadyJane Last year at the Miami Show...we make it "family night." Took my best friend's three daughters and some of their friends. It was very interesting. The 17 year old got into it, but kept wandering the halls. The 13 year old did lots of eye rolling, especially when her Mom and her Auntie LJ were dancing in the aisles and crying at the end of the show. But the 11 year old.....she was HOOKED!! The entire way home..."Mommy, I want to see the Stones again. Please Mommy." To this day...she is determined to see the Stones again. Bless her little heart.

And what a trip it was to look over and see all three of them singing along to Satisfaction. The torch was being passed, so to speak.

LJ.
01-14-04 11:26 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
The 13 year old did lots of eye rolling, especially when her Mom and her Auntie LJ were dancing in the aisles and crying at the end of the show.
LJ.

crying?? why??? ticket prices too high?
01-14-04 11:48 AM
LadyJane NO...crying because I've just spent 2 plus hours in the same room with the Greatest Rock N Rock Band in the world and I don't want the evening to end!!!

I always want more!

LJ.
01-14-04 11:53 AM
Jumacfly LJ, you re a mother of wealth and taste!!!
I love your story !!!!

cheers
Ju
01-14-04 11:55 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
NO...crying because I've just spent 2 plus hours in the same room with the Greatest Rock N Rock Band in the world and I don't want the evening to end!!!

I always want more!

LJ.

Oh. OK. I see now. Kind of like I feel after watching a Pats game on TV. I'm about ready to crack though, I'm getting about ready to do one of those "bowy-worshipy" things in front of Belichick.
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
01-14-04 11:57 AM
glencar LJ, you did things right. Mr. Motels, I cried about the ticket prices for only one show. The rest were reasonable.
01-14-04 12:14 PM
LadyJane
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
LJ, you re a mother of wealth and taste!!!
I love your story !!!!

cheers
Ju

Thanks Ju...but for the record...the girls in my story belong to my best friend.

LJ.
01-14-04 01:09 PM
scope I took my daughter to the B2B show at MSG. She was 17 at the time. She enjoyed it and agreed that there will probably not be anyone from her generation with the staying power of the Stones, but.... I wasn't successful in fully winning her over. After a few hours of Stones CD's on a long car trip, she will plead for something else.
FYI, her favorite performer is er, okay don't kill the messenger.. Dave Matthews
01-14-04 02:52 PM
glencar I went with a friend & her daughter to the Atlanta show from this past tour. She loved it. The highlight was SFTD.
01-14-04 02:55 PM
Joey

I took Paris Hilton to see the " Red Hot Chili Peppers " in Las Vegas two years ago and she Fu##ed the band .

...............and I say God Bless Her !!!!!!!

Jacky Hilton !
01-14-04 03:09 PM
mickmask Thanks folks! That's the support I needed. I agree that it is an important cultural experience. I'll have to let you know how it goes. Upward & onward Stones 101!!!
01-14-04 03:26 PM
Child of the Moon Maybe this doesn't count, but I kind of took my mom to see Neil Young and Crazy Horse last year. That is, I went with my best friend and I talked her into seeing the show, too, along with my sister and grandpa. My mom's really only a fan of the Harvest/Goldrush/Harvest Moon stuff, but she really seemed to enjoy Greendale.

Speaking of which, in just over a month I'll see him again!
01-14-04 05:44 PM
Sir Stonesalot I took my then 6 year old son to see the Stones at Giant's Stadium.

If I had a dollar for every time someone said to me, "Man, I wish my parents had been cool enough to take me to shows when I was his age."...well, I would have almost had enough money to buy an official T Shirt!

My kid ended up with 5 of those blinky tounges. He'd be dancing in the aisle, and some chick would come up and pin one on him...and dance with him. This caused his mother to give some evil looks, but she saw how much fun he was having and let it go.

I also took him to see Robbie Fulks...and he ended up playing drums in Robbie's band! He begged me to take him to see the White Stripes, but Mom put her foot down. So, next time they come around...
01-14-04 05:53 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat I have no kids.
01-14-04 07:28 PM
mjl7951 Took my 7 year old to Detroit in 02. He enjoyed himself a lot. My 5 year old daughter was upset that she did not get to go....along came SarsStock. I know you think I'm crazy but we had a hotel right across the street from Downsview. We walked over during Rush. AC/DC and the Stones rocked. The family loved it. The next morning we walked over to Downsview and got up on the stage and took pictures. It was awesome!!!My kids are hooked.TAKE THEM!!!!
01-14-04 08:06 PM
parmeda
quote:
mickmask wrote:
Thanks folks! That's the support I needed. I agree that it is an important cultural experience. I'll have to let you know how it goes. Upward & onward Stones 101!!!

One can never have enough culture in their lives...
Trust me, these are words that I live by.
Hell, I can't pass a museum without litterally dragging the family in, lol.

And yes, my husband and I have taken our sons to see the Stones, along with a variety of other performers from classical to heavy metal. I call it, 'multi-culturing'

[Edited by parmeda]
01-14-04 11:07 PM
tumblingdice I took my then 5 year old son to the Atlanta show 2002. It was great. Would have taken my daughter who was 7 at the time as she knows all the songs and would have loved it, but being a single dad and only 2 tickets I decided it was best to take the boy. I thought bathroom breaks in a stadium would have been out of the question with the daughter and you know kids, she would have had to went! But we had a great time and everyone around was glad to see a young fan there. Said I was breaking him in right.
01-17-04 03:54 PM
Honky Tonker I took my 2 sons (ages 7 & 12) to Atlanta in 2002. They loved it! Lots of kids with cool parents there. Also took them to see the Beach Boys, but only Mike Love and a bunch of fakers showed up. In other words,no Wilsons anywhere near the place. Yeah, I know Dennis and Carl are dead, but Brian won't get near Love. Who can blame him? Surprised he didn't sing "All You Need Is Love"!!!!!!
01-17-04 06:39 PM
dogshit took my kid to at least 8 stones shows since he was a kid ,took to astoria age was 14 he was 13, had the best time almost as good as on way back from ahoy -walkin thru red light district- ever wanna see a kid smile- rock on

BEST VIEWED HIGH