ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Đ Eddie Kramer
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Melbourne 3/25/95 Return to archive
01-13-04 09:59 PM
Phog I just got the boot of this show and was blown away by the version of "It's All Over Now". It's got a fucking nice solo by Keef - much better than the so-so versions from the U.S. '94 leg. Too bad the recording isn't a bit better. Did any of you Austrailians on the board catch this show?
01-13-04 11:30 PM
Fiji Joe Hey Phog...what's going on?...I have given up practicing my barr chords to pursue my life-long dream of being a Karaoke superstar...I tell ya, when the lights go dim and I bust into the opening lyrics of "Billie Jean"...I see more pantys than a Miami Beach gynecologist
01-14-04 01:07 AM
Phog I can only imagine the "country bliss" that is surely your version of Billie Jean. I must hear it. Better yet, let's get your ass to a recording studio and then tree it on the board.

How's that Four Flicks treating you?
01-14-04 02:35 AM
marko Melbourne shows were on March 27th and 28th.But thats not
the issue.Do you want the 2nd show as well?
Which did you get,the one with Rambler?
01-14-04 06:44 AM
corgi37 I was at both shows. Its all over now was NOT performed in Melbourne, and as far as i know, at any Aussie dates on VL tour. Perhaps this is from the Miami show in 94?
01-14-04 10:13 AM
Fiji Joe Yes...as the last person on the board to get his copy of 4 Flicks I must say that my life is nearly complete...Fantastic...When we gonna do that Frank Black thing?
01-14-04 10:58 AM
Phog Shit, I typed it wrong. The date on the cd is Mar. 27, not 25. Oops. Midnight Rambler isn't included. I'm pretty sure it's Melbourne as Jagger welcomes the city to the Voodoo Lounge.

Fiji, we'll have to hook up again soon. Work's been kinda crazed lately.
01-14-04 11:02 AM
glencar According to Karnbach, they did do "It's All Over Now" in Melbourne.
01-14-04 11:04 AM
marko They did its all over now on BOTH days.And Phoggie,you realy have the 1st day,March 27th.Quality on the 2nd day is
EX!!
01-14-04 12:56 PM
Phog Sounds pretty nice, Marko. I also picked up Lisboa '95, but haven't yet listened to it. How do you rate that show?
We should get a chat going today!!
[Edited by Phog]
01-14-04 01:39 PM
marko What,chat time? Maybe,i still have one movie left...
Lisboa is nice,Vg+ aud,it would be ex,but audience is very
loud.Maybe its vg++.Its been a LONG time,since i listened it.
01-14-04 06:42 PM
corgi37 I repeat, they DID NOT do Its all over now in Melb in 95. Nor did they do Midnight Rambler. I could be wrong, but i didnt know Rambler was performed at all during VL. Not in Oz anyway. It must be a mixed show. Rambler was done in Melbourne at the 2nd show in 2003, but not the 1st show. Is it possibly from that show?
01-14-04 06:52 PM
stonedinaustralia why aren't the australian VL set lists included on the "set lists" page??
01-14-04 11:30 PM
masoudi Sorry Corgi you are wrong. I was at both Melbourne shows and i know they played Rambler at one of them. I have all the clippings so will check.

Im also sure they played Its all over now, but it may have been the last time, I will check. Anway I remember the shows being fantstic and Rambler was a main part of that for me which is why i know it was played there. Saw the two Sydney shows as well. However nothing still comes close to Enmore and the version of Rambler there!!!
01-15-04 12:04 AM
glencar I can't copy a hard copy I guess but the book "It's Only R&R" by James Karnbach lists both shows as having had "It's All Over Now" performed. It's possible that a mistake was amde but his set lists are generally reliable.
01-15-04 02:17 AM
marko Well,here they come

melbourne (lounging in melbourne Cd) 27.3.1995
Cd 1
not fade away
tumbling dice
you got me rocking
itīs all over now
live with me
sparks will fly
satisfaction
angie
sweet virginia
rock and a hard pl.
love is strong
i go wild
miss you

Cd 2
honky tonk women
before they make me run
slipping away
sympathy for the devil
monkey man
street fighting man
start me up
itīs only rīr
brown sugar
jjf

The 2nd 28th of march 1995 was similiar,but they changed
these songs
shattered(live with me)
beast of burden(angie)
love in vain(sweet virginia)
m rambler(rock and hard pl.)
happy(before.....)
the worst(slipping away)

Wow,thats 7 different songs,pretty much for stadium!
01-15-04 07:02 AM
corgi37 Well, I'll be jiggered. Maybe the old Corgi brain is rusting. I still dont recall its all over now. The only time i remember seeing it was the Miami show, and i hated it. Also, i dont remember Live with me. I have the set list in the dark recesses of my basement with my other cuttings, but i just watched Night of the Living Dead 90, and i aint going outside. Anyway, it was such a great time. The band really took over the country for a week or so. I have many fond memories. Obviously, not ALL memories.
01-15-04 07:07 AM
Stonefarker Hi,

I was at both shows and they DEFINATELY did It's All Over Now at one and maybe the second show as well.

They DEFINATELY played Midnight Rambler at the second show and Gimme Shelter (I know this because it was a surprise after being at the first show).

Stonefarker
01-15-04 09:20 AM
Phog Anyway, the version of "It's All Over Now" from 3/27 absolutely smokes!
01-16-04 07:40 AM
corgi37 I must have gone for a beer during IAON. Or that was then my mate and i went looking for better seats. But, that was fairly early in the show, and i recall not moving until after Sympathy. Never mind. Hey, and wasnt the merchandise a zillion times better then than earlier last year?
01-17-04 06:09 AM
Daethgod hey corgi
i was at first VL show in Melb.
popped a hash cookie b4 the gig and dont remember much of the set-list
had a great time tho : P
i did get to go to the press conference at the MCG and was 4 feet away from the boys.
also was hanging on the ground during the setup of the show

my fondest memory is staggering out of the MCG with a posse of crazy dudes all singing " Hey Hey .. You Got Me Rocking Now !"
01-17-04 06:48 AM
fmk438j
quote:
Daethgod wrote:

my fondest memory is staggering out of the MCG with a posse of crazy dudes all singing " Hey Hey .. You Got Me Rocking Now !"

Nothing beats forming a spontaneous beer/drug-fueled posse!
01-17-04 03:14 PM
marko LOl,but i have auckland-95 SOON on DVD,i just have to find some time to burn it.

BEST VIEWED HIGH