ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© Eddie Kramer
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: I Have Found A FF Hidden Feature! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
01-16-04 12:12 AM
Lavendar
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
I've only watched the Twick show -- pretty amazing!

I haven't seen any indications of where hidden stuff might be, but, I did notice that Charlie damn near drums his balls off at the end of Paint it Black!

I also noticed that Starfucker on the B-stage does grab one directly in the crotch!

That's all I'm sayin'!
I ain't sayin' no more....

01-16-04 12:18 AM
Lavendar I wanted to quote Nankerphelge On what he said about Star fucker grabbin ya in the crotch. I totally agree!!!!!!!!!!!
01-16-04 11:48 AM
egon last night i found FF!!!!

it was pretty amazing; I lost it, and then i found it again.

good stuff.
01-16-04 01:56 PM
mac_daddy Disc 1
- While on the main menu, press the "UP" arrow of your remote control, and you'll discover Keith telling the story of Tumbling Dice.
- Watch the Bootleg section using the "watch all" option. Instead of clicking "Main menu" afterwards, use the menu button of your remote control, and you'll see Mick and Elisabeth Jagger at the Wiltern before the show.

Disc 4
- Let the whole credits roll after the show, wait for the legal annoucement, and you'll see and HEAR Ronnie and Jo Wood backstage at the Olympia during the band introduction by Mick.
01-16-04 01:58 PM
mac_daddy the whole text is here:

What to say about the new Stones DVD ?

To make it short, Four Flicks definitely sets a new milestone in the history of musical DVDs.

The main negative point is that for the european fans, the prices are much higher there than in the US or in Canada...

You'll below a quick review of the 4 DVD set to be released all across Europe between Nov. 17 and Nov. 24 2003
I will add the access to hidden bonus as soon as I'll have them.
If you have found hidden stuff I did not mention, feel free to send me an email so we'll be able to share them all together.

1. MAIN CONTENTS

Disc 1 : The documentaries
Ü Tip of the Tongue is a great documentary of the preparation of the Licks Tour.
It reminds me of the great documentary released by KISS on their DVDs.
The approx. one hour documentary goes from the recording sessions in Paris to the opening gig in Boston.
It features a great sequence with late Chuch Magee being sketched by Ronnie in the studio in Paris.
Also noticeable : The design of the stages with Mark Fischer, and excerpts of rare Stones documentaries like Charlie is my Darling, Cocksucker Blues, Knebworth 1976, and 1978 Tour footage.
Ü Licks Around The World
This shorter documentary focuses on the US, German, Indian, Japanese, Spanish, and Czech shows.
Not as great IMO than Tip of the tongue, but some souvenir ffotage of shows you may have been at.

Disc 2 : The arena show : Madison Square Garden, NYC, Jan. 18 2003
Ü This show was broadcast live by HBO in January.
Ü Missing songs on the DVD : Start Me Up, Tumbling Dice, Jumping Jack Flash.

Disc 3 : The stadium show : Twickenham Rugby Ground, London, Aug. 24 2003
Ü This show is the first rick show to be played in the Mecca of rugby.
Ü Missing songs on the DVD : Don't Stop, Happy, Start Me Up.
Ü One funny point : images showing the audience are sometimes from the Amsterdam Arena.
On some moments you'll see the squares of seats and the alleys of the Twickenham rugby ground, and on other times, you'll see the triangle of the Amsterdam Front Of Stage standing area.
If you select the Backstage pass option, you'll see that they also cheated during the band introduction and that ALL the backstage pass views seem to have been made during the 1st Amsterdam Arena show ! You can clearly recognise the typical roof of the dutch stadium in the background. The Stones had to wear exactly the same clothes on both shows...

Disc 4 : The theatre show : Olympia, Paris, July 11 2003
Ü The Stones' favorite venue in Paris, where they played all thru the 60ies, 1995 and 2003.
Ü Missing songs on the DVD : It's Only Rock'n Roll, Rip This Joint, Tumbling Dice.
Ü The show is edited with a lot of very quick camera changes.
On fast songs like Neighbors, it's sometimes hard to follow (at least on the huge screen of a movie theatre where the preview took place).
The director slows down on the slower songs and it's very good then.

2. THE EXTRAS

Ü The bootlegs : Bonus songs from other shows than the ones featured on Disc 2, 3 and 4.
Beast Of Burden, You Don't Have To Mean It, Rock Me Baby, Bitch : Wiltern Theatre, LA Nov. 4 2002
Can't Turn You Loose : Cirkus Krone, Munich, June 8 2003
Extreme Western Grip, Well Well : jams from the Paris recording sessions, May/June 2002
Ü Select-a-Stone : Classical option up to now but very well done.
DVD 2 : available on Monkey Man and Honky Tonk Women
DVD 4 : Angie (also taken from the MSG show)
Ü Backstage pass : To see what happens before or while the Stones are on stage.
Ü Mini documentaries : Approx. 3 min. long featurettes on specific topics, like the duets with Sheryl Crow, Solomon Burke and AC/DC.
Nice, but IMO they are taking space on the discs which would have allowed them to put at least 1 more song from each show on the DVD.

3. THE HIDDEN STUFF

Disc 1
- While on the main menu, press the "UP" arrow of your remote control, and you'll discover Keith telling the story of Tumbling Dice.
- Watch the Bootleg section using the "watch all" option. Instead of clicking "Main menu" afterwards, use the menu button of your remote control, and you'll see Mick and Elisabeth Jagger at the Wiltern before the show.

Disc 4
- Let the whole credits roll after the show, wait for the legal annoucement, and you'll see and HEAR Ronnie and Jo Wood backstage at the Olympia during the band introduction by Mick.

What to say as a conclusion ?

First of all : great sound, great image !

This DVD set might have been slightly better, but it truly is a great item for anyone who saw the Stones on tour during the last 2 years, and for those who missed them.
Before 2003, U2 and Metallica were the best DVD producers in rock music. Led Zep set a new standart with their recent 2 DVD box set, but Four Flicks is definitely the most exciting rock DVD currently available !

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/doctorstones/rolling_stones_four_flicks.htm
01-16-04 02:00 PM
egon and you'll discover Keith telling the story of Tumbling Dice.

ISNT THIS JUST ONE OF THE EXRA FEATURES THAT IS MENTIONED IN THE MENU?

I LL TRY THAT

Disc 4

I DID THAT BUT HEARD/SAW NOTHIN...?

01-16-04 02:29 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat That's it. I am NOT going to sleep, until I find me a hidden feature!
01-17-04 12:11 PM
Honky Tonk Man I watched the Ronnie and his wife backstage bit this morning. I had no idea it existed. Basically, it doesn't appear until about a minute after the credits have rolled.

I'm still ABSOLOUTLEY PISSED that no one here has found the hidden Keith interview on the Monkey Man Select A Stone.

UNBERLIVABLE!

Alex
01-17-04 02:13 PM
egon i'm just gonna hide and then find my FF again.

hidden features my ass!
01-17-04 05:14 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
egon wrote:
i'm just gonna hide and then find my FF again.

hidden features my ass!

Ok, I started searching 72 hours ago, but still no hidden feature. I really need some sleep.
01-17-04 05:32 PM
Navin My copy on the box outside reads-
Running Time: 9 Hours 5 Minutes

Total performances (incuding Bootleg material, MSG, Stadium, & Olympia) = 5 Hours

Documentary = 50 minutes; Around the world = 22 minutes

Which still leaves about 2-1/2 hours of material (after making provisions for the extras) Where are they?
01-17-04 07:20 PM
mickmask maybe only select dvd's have them?? I guess that would make those of us who have it very happy....
01-18-04 07:51 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
mickmask wrote:
maybe only select dvd's have them?? I guess that would make those of us who have it very happy....

IT'S THERE, IT'S FUCKING THERE!

Anyway, as far as the Select A Stone feature goes, I still think everyone is pressing fast forward at the wrong point. Egon, tell me when you are pressing the button. It is there and I'm not one for talking bullshit.

ALL the hidden features people have mentioned in this thread or in others, do exist. You just have to find them. I’m not going to post anymore in this thread. I have had enough. It is just so fucking unbelievable that some can't find any hidden features.

stewed & Keefed lives down the road from me, he says he will try and find it, if he can't find it I will have to go there my self and show him. At least this way more than one Rocks Off Member would of seen it!

Alex
01-19-04 06:23 AM
egon i believe you alex. i really do.

i'll print out this thread and will follow your instructions tonight.

if i can still not find them well, i'm in london next month so i might stop by (you live near there, no?)
[Edited by egon]
01-19-04 09:17 AM
chrisloc HTM, tell us about what song Keith speaks
I did what you said and I saw the hidden feature about
"Tumbling dice"

Christian.
01-19-04 10:15 AM
Monkey Woman
quote:
chrisloc wrote:
HTM, tell us about what song Keith speaks
I did what you said and I saw the hidden feature about
"Tumbling dice"

Christian.

That's interesting. This intw can also be accessed from the discs menu. You have to press the "Up" button until it appears.
01-19-04 10:17 AM
Honky Tonk Man Hey egon,

Well I'm glad you believe me. It is there, it is just so frustrating and I can imagine it being even more so for yourself and all those others who can't find the damn thing. I honestly don't know how to explain it, other than when the MM footage starts, press fast forward. I get the feeling that some are doing it before that. Like pressing it at the option screen.

Where about's in London are you staying egon? I don't live in London, but I do work there.

chrisloc, although he doesn't mention the songs title, he is talking about Monkey Man.

Alex
01-19-04 10:19 AM
Monkey Woman
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
although he doesn't mention the songs title, he is talking about Monkey Man.

What does he say exactly? I tried also several times to access this bonus but no luck...
01-19-04 11:45 AM
egon alex, i just read your other thread.

another one of my dream is falling apart...
Page: 1 2 3

BEST VIEWED HIGH