ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Hampden Park, Glasgow - 25th August 2006
© and thanks to Beast
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rolling Stones Survey-Live Nation Return to archive
17th January 2008 04:23 PM
mojoman anybody else get this?
17th January 2008 04:27 PM
Gazza I saw on IORR someone saying they had.

Good indication that a tour announcement is on the cards, perhaps?
17th January 2008 04:28 PM
steel driving hammer More Stones You Bastards!!?
17th January 2008 07:32 PM
Gazza I got two e-mails in my bulk e-mail for this, which (as I had two rs.com memberships and always get mailshots from them in duplicate) would indicate thats where they've used their datebase from.

The contest is only open to US fans (as usual) but it seems anyone can fill in the questionanaire. Some interesting type of questions. Whatever ya do, dont encourage them with this "I'd pay anything to see my favourite band" and "I want VIP" elitist nonsense!
17th January 2008 11:54 PM
mojoman
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Whatever ya do, dont encourage them with this "I'd pay anything to see my favourite band" and "I want VIP" elitist nonsense!

geez who around here would do that?
18th January 2008 12:29 AM
Steel Wheels I got it. Some strange questions.
18th January 2008 10:20 AM
gimmekeef I read the other day Live Nation is starting their own ticket service and have abandoned Ticketmaster.The article mentioned they felt they could offer as good a aservice with lower fees...?....
18th January 2008 10:24 AM
gimmekeef Heres the article:

Live Nation to Challenge TicketMaster

Total posts: 1

by Chloe Albanesius

Concert promoter Live Nation will ditch Ticketmaster by year's end in order to launch its own international ticketing business in 2009, the company announced Friday.

Ticketmaster holds the exclusive rights to sell tickets to events produced by Live Nation through the end of 2008. When that contract expires, Live Nation will enter into a 10-year agreement with Germany's CTS Eventim in order to launch its own venture.

In the U.S. and Canada, Live Nation will pay an undisclosed fee per ticket sold on the CTS system, said Live Nation Ticketing president Nathan Hubbard. That will leave Live Nation "free to be as creative as we want around the fees paid by customers," he said.

Live Nation will have "100 percent control over the entire ticketing business, the user experience, and user distribution methods," Hubbard said.

In the U.K., Live Nation will pay a fixed fee per ticket in exchange for back-end services, and will have control over customer data, customer fees and who sells what tickets on particular Web sites, he said.

"This is a three-tier client server which is fully scalable" and can process up to three million requests simultaneously, said Klaus-Peter Schulenburg, chairman of CTS Eventim. During the last World Cup, for example, CTS processed 30 million requests during the first hour that tickets went on sale for the event, he said.

Live Nation expects to add about $15 million to its income in 2009 and $25 million annually thereafter, said Hubbard. The company will also spend about $20 million on hardware expenditures like servers and computers and printers for their box offices, he said.

Live Nation made headlines late last year when Madonna left long-time record label Warner Brothers for a $100 million, three-album deal with Live Nation that gives the company exclusive rights to promote Madonna's concerts.

"The Madonna deal was so big precisely because it's surprising people," Bryan Perez, Live Nation's global digital chief executive, said at a Wednesday panel at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas.

In 2006, the top 10 artists of the year earned 75 percent of their income from touring, he said. Concerts "went from the kiddie table to the main source of funding for the industry," Perez said. "So that gave us a seat at the table."

At the same time, Live Nation started to "very quietly" build up its digital capabilities, according to Perez. "For a long time, we talked about 'oh, we should just get more rights,' but with the technology coming in, … you can partner with so many people and you can develop things on your own in a much cheaper way than you could in the early 2000s," he said. "It was a great way for us to step to the forefront."

Live Nation's focus on its digital platform is "not just about cherry picking" the most popular artists, he said. "We have a sub investment. They're not all arena acts, and so I think we have an obligation to use that digital tier" to provide small bands with the same opportunities the company is providing to major touring acts, he said.

One of those efforts is a Web tool launched Wednesday that allows users to upload their iTunes music library to the Live Nation site so that Live Nation can alert them if an artist in their library is performing at a particular venue.

"It is solving a huge customer need," Perez said. "The number one reason fans miss shows is because they don't know about it."

There will be a 10-Mbyte limit on the amount of music you can upload to the site, Perez said. Users can customize the site if they don't want concert information about a certain performer.

In addition to artists, users can also add venues and receive alerts via e-mail or text when those sites add new events.

Perez denied that Live Nation was looking to be another social networking site.

"I can't see how that's a game we're going to win," he said. "We could blow our brains out to try and compete in that world. We are firm believers in a distributed Internet model."

The company will also explore mobile ticketing options in 2008, Perez said; something CTS Eventim has already used successfully in Europe.

Live Nation also announced this week that it acquired the operating company that manages and holds the 20-year lease on the Heineken Music Hall in Amsterdam.

18th January 2008 11:08 AM
PartyDoll MEG sounds like we will just have a NEW ticketbastard to deal with in the future....
18th January 2008 11:09 AM
Throwaway Just get rid of the 5$ "Venue fee" and 2.50$ "convenience fee" and that'll be a good start.
18th January 2008 11:11 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
sounds like we will just have a NEW ticketbastard to deal with in the future....

Of course Meg! Since rock concerts took off in 70's as big money makers since when has one change ever benefitted the fan?..Yes technology with sound and visuals however we paid thru the nose to make that happen.
18th January 2008 12:15 PM
Dan I didn't get the survey. I feel slighted.
18th January 2008 12:52 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
Dan wrote:
I didn't get the survey. I feel slighted.

Dan you're just too good at getting last minute deals..they fear you!
18th January 2008 01:25 PM
Jumping Jack Live Nation = Cohl

Anyone who thinks fees are going down is trippin'

This just gives him more tools to screw us.

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)