ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Hampden Park, Glasgow - 25th August 2006
© and thanks to Beast
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bob Dylan To Release New Live Album Return to archive
17th January 2008 12:46 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Bob Dylan To Release New Live Album
albumvote.uk.co
16-January-2008 12:36:29

Bob Dylan is to release a special live album via Storming Music label on March 10 called Re-Transmissions. The tracks were all recorded from classic TV appearances over the years and will feature:

Gotta Serve Somebody (Saturday Night Live, 1979)
I Believe In You (Saturday Night Live, 1979)
When You Gonna Wake Up (Saturday Night Live, 1979)
I’ll Remember You (Farm Aid, 1985)
Maggie's Farm (Farm Aid, 1985)
Mr Tambourine Man (with The Byrds, 1990)
Masters Of War (Grammy Awards, 1991)
It's Alright Ma (I’m Only Bleeding) (30th Anniversary Concert, 1992)
My Back Pages (30th Anniversary Concert, 1992)
All Along The Watchtower (Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, 1995)
Seeing The Real You At Last (Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, 1995)
Highway 61 Revisited (Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, 1995)
17th January 2008 12:47 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
The tracks were all recorded from classic TV appearances over the years...

DVD?
17th January 2008 12:49 PM
Lazy Bones UK only.
17th January 2008 01:13 PM
glencar I bet these are all up on youtube already!
17th January 2008 01:24 PM
Martha How do I purchase this?
17th January 2008 02:02 PM
Nellcote "Masters Of War (Grammy Awards, 1991)"

This cut, if my challenged memory serves me correct, was during the "Soy Bomb" incident, where the chap wandered 'round the stage naked, while Bob & his band d'jour played. Does anyone recall this, or, was this another flashback I'm having....
17th January 2008 02:07 PM
Martha He was shirtless, not naked, and the look on Bob's stoic face is PRICELESS. Yes, I remember it well. LOL
17th January 2008 02:14 PM
glencar Yes, Soy Bomb was funny. I think the guy was a frequent gatecrasher.

Martha, try www.amazon.co.uk
It'll cost ya though!
[Edited by glencar]
17th January 2008 02:35 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Didn0t know about this album but Bob Dylan is recording a new album "Anchor" and I am waiting for some live debuts of some songs from this album
17th January 2008 02:50 PM
Gazza
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
"Masters Of War (Grammy Awards, 1991)"

This cut, if my challenged memory serves me correct, was during the "Soy Bomb" incident, where the chap wandered 'round the stage naked, while Bob & his band d'jour played. Does anyone recall this, or, was this another flashback I'm having....

Nope - that was the '98 Grammys during "lovesick". (The version was released on the DVD which accompanied 'Modern Times', although they managed to edit Soy Bomb out. A pity, as Bob didnt miss a beat and the facial expressions he pulled as the guy gyrated beside him were priceless)

The 1991 ceremony was when Bob was given a lifetime achievement award by Jack Nicholson, followed it with a hilariously bizarre (and probably substance-influenced) speech and then performed a version of Masters of War (good choice as it was in the middle of the Gulf War) which was so incomprehensible that one critic speculated whether or not he was singing in Hebrew.

Cant believe he's actually releasing THIS performance.

This is a very odd selection of songs and s strange release - weird also that its not on Columbia. If they were going to release a version of 'Gotta Serve Somebody', they should have used the Grammys performance from 1980...and his contribution on the Byrds version of 'Tambourine Man' is so minimal he may as well not be there. A DVD of the performances would be a much more satisfactory release.
[Edited by Gazza]
17th January 2008 02:56 PM
lotsajizz haven't we all downloaded these all ready?
17th January 2008 02:59 PM
Gazza Theres nothing there I havent had on bootleg or video since immediately after it was broadcast. I could understand a DVD release for this stuff, but not a live record.

The Farm Aid stuff is the pick of the bunch by some distance.

Seems very odd that its not on CBS - are we sure its an official release?
[Edited by Gazza]
17th January 2008 03:13 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Gazza wrote:

The 1991 ceremony was when Bob was given a lifetime achievement award by Jack Nicholson, followed it with a hilariously bizarre (and probably substance-influenced) speech and then performed a version of Masters of War (good choice as it was in the middle of the Gulf War) which was so incomprehensible that one critic speculated whether or not he was singing in Hebrew.

That'd be this priceless bit of music history

17th January 2008 03:17 PM
Gazza I had a feeling you'd come up with that one..LOL...I love that speech..and what was he doing with that hat!
[Edited by Gazza]
17th January 2008 03:30 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I had a feeling you'd come up with that one..LOL...I love that speech..and what was he doing with that hat!
[Edited by Gazza]

Flippin' his lid?
And you just KNOW I had to dig up this little gem, where Mr. Bomb does a little interpretive dancing.

Damn, that solo is a killer too.

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
17th January 2008 03:36 PM
mojoman cocaine eyes?
17th January 2008 06:51 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle Gotta sneak in a plug for The Plugz...

Jokerman
17th January 2008 08:58 PM
PartyDoll MEG One of the album songs..

18th January 2008 03:35 AM
Ade ....and there's a new 2-cd, TTRH compilation, due for release at the end of February.

looks quite good

http://www.acerecords.co.uk/content.php?page_id=59&release=7726
[Edited by Ade]
18th January 2008 04:15 AM
Erik_Snow Ufff, there's so many killer concerts with Bob Dylan in the vaults, so this "TV compilation" make me feel like a big question mark.
Why would he want to release this ?
WEll, the 3 first songs here are top notch, but it still doesn't make any sense.
18th January 2008 08:53 AM
Gazza The SNL performances are solid, but nothing special. Farm Aid pisses all over it, as does the '84 Letterman show posted above.

Dylan's performed four times on the Grammys down the years -1980, 1991, 1998 and 2002. Two of them were fantastic, one was pretty good and one was a trainwreck. No surprises for guessing which one the contrary old buzzard decided to release for posterity.

the Hall of Fame show isnt bad at all - pity they didnt include the duet of 'Forever Young' with Bruce, though.
[Edited by Gazza]
18th January 2008 12:14 PM
Gazza mentioned this album to a mate of mine today and he said that he bought a DVD of this title (and presumably the same contents) - with an accompanying book - in Dublin a few weeks ago.

Smells like a bootleg or semi-official release to me.
18th January 2008 12:19 PM
Erik_Snow
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Hey that makes a lot of sense; and that's what I thought when reading the 1st post on this thread....
Bob Dylan has proved himself to have a good taste in his recent retrospecive bootleg series....and expanded DVDs.

The compilation described here looks more like something one could expect from Rolling Stones.
18th January 2008 05:10 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
Gazza wrote:
mentioned this album to a mate of mine today and he said that he bought a DVD of this title (and presumably the same contents) - with an accompanying book - in Dublin a few weeks ago.

Yep.
Here's a Storming Music Company offering from another of your favorites...
18th January 2008 05:58 PM
Gazza Lol..cheers

This is from the Dylandaily blog

Thursday, January 17, 2008
Re-Transmissions CD: new grey market follow-up release

Following the release of its Transmissions album before Xmas (details below), UK label Storming Music has announced a 3 March release date for Re-Transmissions, a follow-up live Dylan compilation CD/booklet.

Re-Transmissions’ track list complements the earlier release, with only two of the 12 tracks on the new product already released on the first CD. Both albums compile a number of live broadcast performances.

Like the first release, the new album has a 70-odd page booklet. I wonder if it’s the same booklet? Let me know if you know.

Amazon.co.uk are taking pre-orders for Re-Transmissions. The first CD had limited retail distribution, including the London flagship HMV store at Oxford Circus.

Gerry Smith

EARLIER, RELATED ARTICLES:

Bob Dylan Transmissions - enhanced CD & 74 page book

Thanks to Nigel Boddy:

“I've now listened to Bob Dylan Transmissions and can report that the sound quality (on a few of the tracks) could have been a lot better - no remastering carried out here! But, it's possibly better having average quality `rare and previously unreleased' material in your collection than not at all (?).

“The tracks, as far are as I can determine, come from the following sources:

1. Blowin' In The Wind,
2. Man Of Constant Sorrow
3. With God On Our Side
(Folk Songs & More Folk Songs TV Show 1963)

4. Hurricane,
5. Simple Twist Of Fate
6. Oh Sister
(The World of John Hammond TV Show 10.9.75)

7. Jokerman (Late Night With David Lettermen TV Show 22/3/84)
8. Maggie's Farm (Farm Aid 1985)
9. All Along The Watchtower (Guitar Legends 17/10/91)

10. My Back Pages
11. Knockin' On Heaven's Door
(30th Anniv. Show 18/10/02)

12. Highway 61 Revisited
13. Rainy Day Women #12&35
(Woodstock 14/8/94)

The two additional CD-ROM enhanced tracks are Girl From The North Country (With J Cash) & Forever Young (With Bruce Springsteen).

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Grey market Dylan product proliferating

If you haven’t had a good root in the Dylan racks of the music megastores for a while, you might be surprised at the recent proliferation of what’s best described as “grey market” product - CDs and (especially) DVDs.

These products aren’t official (Sony) releases, but they can’t be bootlegs (aka black market), or they wouldn’t be stocked by the mainstream music emporia. Some are also available via online retailers.

The latest product to catch my attention is Bob Dylan – Transmissions, a CD of 15 (mainly audio) tracks recorded for TV/radio across Dylan’s career, released by UK label Storming Music Company. Presumably such releases are legit because the original broadcasters have licensed performances for which they hold the copyright?

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)