ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Hampden Park, Glasgow - 25th August 2006
© and thanks to Beast
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: LSTNT Return to archive
15th January 2008 12:33 PM
robpop Just checked tv listings. VH1 classic tonight 8PM and 11PM EST.
[Edited by robpop]
15th January 2008 12:34 PM
steel driving hammer Do you want me to bring the Jovan Musk?
15th January 2008 12:35 PM
robpop No, I have plenty. Thanks though.
15th January 2008 12:42 PM
mojoman why hasnt this been remastered and re-released on dvd?

WHY!
WHY!
WHY!

WHY!!!!!!!
15th January 2008 12:47 PM
steel driving hammer Well can I bring the Balloons at least?

15th January 2008 12:49 PM
Gazza
quote:
mojoman wrote:
why hasnt this been remastered and re-released on dvd?

WHY!
WHY!
WHY!

WHY!!!!!!!

The director, Hal Ashby, died five or six years after the film's release. I would assume that any 'rights' would belong to his family and probably would be out of the control of the Stones' organisation.

Maybe it brings back unpleasant memories...he actually overdosed backstage at the Tempe show that's included in the movie!
15th January 2008 01:00 PM
robpop I bought it as an import through a link that Voodoo gave me. Not bad sound.
15th January 2008 01:04 PM
robpop
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:
Well can I bring the Balloons at least?

Sure. Bring double if you are staying for the second show.
15th January 2008 08:13 PM
robpop Setlist so far:

1. Under my Thumb
2. LSTNT (Stu was on fire}
3. Shattered
4. Neighbors
15th January 2008 09:59 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:
Well can I bring the Balloons at least?

Just bring the cocaine.
15th January 2008 10:13 PM
gypsy
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:

Just bring the cocaine.

Cocaine?
Oh, man, I'm so there.
15th January 2008 10:32 PM
robpop
quote:
gypsy wrote:

Cocaine?
Oh, man, I'm so there.

Yeah this all going on at my house. I can't wait to do lines off of my new kitchen counter tops.
15th January 2008 11:06 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
robpop wrote:

Yeah this all going on at my house. I can't wait to do lines off of my new kitchen counter tops.

I had a different snorting surface in mind when I heard Gypsy would be there.
15th January 2008 11:12 PM
robpop
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:

I had a different snorting surface in mind when I heard Gypsy would be there.

I was heading there, but you intercepted my pass....LOL.
16th January 2008 07:33 AM
andrews27
quote:
Gazza wrote:
The director, Hal Ashby, died five or six years after the film's release. I would assume that any 'rights' would belong to his family and probably would be out of the control of the Stones' organisation.

Movies are owned by big money. Ashby may have been given financial 'points' in the picture, but the Stones have more financial participation and the studio and the corporate tour backers who co-produced it have even more. Directors are day-labor pikers in that world, unless they've made a rare deal for rights to a picture instead of other unpaid compensation.

As an independent, Robert Frank could tie up a small picture with the least desirable title in the world, which money wanted back so it could be suppressed -- though for decades he was only allowed to show it a couple times a year. But not hired gun Ashby, whom I believe was hired and paid by the Stones, under a contract that would have been affected by the previous deal with Frank.

Likelier, LSTNT is victim to uninterested owners, and a band that won't allow many older live performance documents to be re-released while it is still touring. Part of the hold-up is to provide for ex-wives and extended families after touring life ends, and part the need to forestall comparisons with their younger selves.

And the football pants and shoulder pads may play a role...

[Edited by andrews27]
16th January 2008 07:45 AM
Gazza Fair enough point. Guess the producers dont see it as a financially worthwhile venture then.
16th January 2008 09:13 AM
corgi37 They wont give this the package it deserves because it means extra money for Bill Wyman. And as we know from the footage on the stage video screen from songs like IORR on the ABB tour, Bill was never in the band.

I agree though. While they are still going, they dont want to remind people of how young they were. Or the lack of personel onstage. Or the fact Keith had grey hairs.

And, contrary to alot of people, i like Jaggers gear on this tour. Sure beats the jumpsuits from 72 & 75.

1 day this HAS to come out in full HD/blu ray, 7.1 channel stereo with extra crap. Hey, maybe in a 2 dvd set with Hampton Roads.

Nah. They'd never do it.

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)