ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Hampden Park, Glasgow - 25th August 2006
© and thanks to Beast
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Cocksucker Blues Return to archive
14th January 2008 10:21 AM
Mr.D
Hey, ive downloaded the song, and its pretty good, but has anyone ever seen the movie?
14th January 2008 10:25 AM
guitarman53 Oh yeah, I've had it for ages, I forget where I downloaded it from, about 2 years ago or more, It's good, shows what really went on, sex, drugs & rock 'N' roll, I can see why they never released it in the theatre's, it's pretty raunchy.
14th January 2008 04:10 PM
glencar Crazy song!
14th January 2008 04:21 PM
MRD8 I made it through the movie one time, its BORING as hell...kinda shows they didn't do much on tours back then but sit in hotel rooms and play concerts...even the live performances pale in comparison to Ladies & Gentlemen!
14th January 2008 04:30 PM
Mr.D

think it'll ever get released? like a DVD release after the stones are no more?
14th January 2008 07:13 PM
Gazza
quote:
Mr.D wrote:

think it'll ever get released? like a DVD release after the stones are no more?

No
14th January 2008 07:42 PM
purrcafe It doesn't live up to the hype. The poster who said it is boring was dead on.
14th January 2008 07:52 PM
mrhipfl I saw a 2 minute clip of Mick playing with himself and decided to pass on this one...
14th January 2008 08:42 PM
Mel Belli The song's lyric about the "encounter" with the policeman and his truncheon is disturbing to say the least.
15th January 2008 12:03 AM
Child of the Moon I guess I'm in the minority of people who enjoy the film. I mean, no, it's not exactly great all the way through, but there are some solid - even some stellar - performances included here, and a lot of the "behind the scenes" footage is fun, even revealing at times. Though, to this day, I can't actually sit through the various "shooting up" scenes.

But that moment in Street Fighting Man where Keith starts playing his guitar like it's a fucking machine gun? Yes, yes, a thousand times yes.
15th January 2008 07:54 AM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Child of the Moon wrote:
I guess I'm in the minority of people who enjoy the film. I mean, no, it's not exactly great all the way through, but there are some solid - even some stellar - performances included here, and a lot of the "behind the scenes" footage is fun, even revealing at times. Though, to this day, I can't actually sit through the various "shooting up" scenes.

But that moment in Street Fighting Man where Keith starts playing his guitar like it's a fucking machine gun? Yes, yes, a thousand times yes.

similar to my opinion - the bit with Keith in the hotel lobby is cool, although with the heroin taking scenes showcases the true tragedy of heroin addiction......
15th January 2008 09:52 AM
Mr.D

How would i get it does any one know, im interested now
15th January 2008 02:08 PM
MrPleasant
quote:
Mr.D wrote:

How would i get it does any one know, im interested now

These links seem to be active (listed at http://www.warezdownloads.info/download/112262/rolling-stones-cocksucker-blues-1972-dvdrip-divx ), but I wouldn't know about the reliability of their content, so use them at your own risk (I think I downloaded the film through "kazaa lite", years ago):

http://rapidshare.com/files/1381174/RS-CSBlues.divx.001.html
http://rapidshare.com/files/1381157/RS-CSBlues.divx.002.html
http://rapidshare.com/files/1381143/RS-CSBlues.divx.003.html
http://rapidshare.com/files/1381129/RS-CSBlues.divx.004.html
http://rapidshare.com/files/1381106/RS-CSBlues.divx.005.html

Re-Join files with hjsplit:
http://www.treepad.net/download/hjsplit.zip

[Edited by MrPleasant]
15th January 2008 02:13 PM
Mr.D

What do you mean, my own risk pleasant? Like viruses or just low quality?
[Edited by Mr.D]
15th January 2008 02:15 PM
MrPleasant
quote:
Mr.D wrote:

What do you mean, my own risk pleasant? Like viruses or just low quality?
[Edited by Mr.D]

Viruses.
15th January 2008 06:09 PM
rick063092 If you want it, it's still active over at Trader's Den
17th January 2008 06:47 AM
corgi37 The movie it terribly dated and quite dull.

As for the song, i love the long version with sugar blue. Man, that is some great shit!
17th January 2008 09:44 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I have the song and the movie but I have a doubt and I need a reliable answer for my upcoming video @ YouTUbe

Is "Cocksucker Blues" owned by ABKCO?

I want it as the background music for obvious reasons but if it is owned by the thieves they will easily remove it from YouTube, so please let me know the real answer, In the meantime I'm gonna check it in Stone Alone or other books and internet
17th January 2008 10:53 AM
rogerriffin Cocksucker Blues movie is great!

I want to trade it for the "Bridges To Babylon St.Louis Complete Show in DVD, anyone interested?

The Big Cocksucker blues DVD that i have for trade is Original Silver from 4 reel productions.
17th January 2008 07:37 PM
Gazza
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
I have the song and the movie but I have a doubt and I need a reliable answer for my upcoming video @ YouTUbe

Is "Cocksucker Blues" owned by ABKCO?

I want it as the background music for obvious reasons but if it is owned by the thieves they will easily remove it from YouTube, so please let me know the real answer, In the meantime I'm gonna check it in Stone Alone or other books and internet

I would guess that technically it is. After all, it was the song that Jagger famously gave to Decca on leaving the label as part of their agreement that they had to provide them with the master recording of an unreleased song.

If course, the fact that they CHOSE not to release it is another issue, and maybe the fact that they didnt would be in your favour.
17th January 2008 07:43 PM
fireontheplatter guitarman53 said it right

i own this on vhs. i don't have a vhs player anymore.

how they got thru that period alive is beyond me.

well worth owning and watching from time to time...i think

everybody say ow
[Edited by fireontheplatter]
17th January 2008 08:15 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Mr.D wrote:

Hey, ive downloaded the song, and its pretty good, but has anyone ever seen the movie?

check you pm

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)