ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Hampden Park, Glasgow - 25th August 2006
© and thanks to Beast
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Jagger ruffles feathers at daughter's 16th with Austin Powers outfit Return to archive Page: 1 2
13th January 2008 06:51 PM
moy Jagger ruffles feathers at daughter's 16th with Austin Powers outfit
By BETH HALE - More by this author »
Last updated at 20:18pm on 13th January 2008

No one was quite sure whether he was in fancy dress or not.

Looking distinctly Austin Powers, this was Sir Mick Jagger at his daughter Georgia's 16th birthday party on Saturday.

The foppish hair, green velvet suit, dropping white cuffs and ruffled shirt collar could have come straight from the set of the comedy film starring Mike Myers.

The only thing missing to complete the striking resemblance to the bumbling spy - who proved strangely irresistible to women - were the thick-rimmed spectacles.

But perhaps, the Rolling Stones frontman was actually just having a New Romantics moment.

The biggest problem with the costume was that it wasn't quite clear whether it was a costume or not.

Other partygoers at the Cobden club in North London, most of them a few decades younger than Sir Mick, chose a fantasy woodland theme for their costumes.

Several of the male attendees were more subdued, wearing more typical Saturday night attire.

"I couldn't work out whether he was in fancy dress or not," said one onlooker.

"Perhaps he was trying to fit in with the woodland theme. But he just ended up looking like Austin Powers."

Sir Mick, 63, arrived at about 9pm and left with the rest of the partygoers just before midnight.

Hey you! Get off of my flounce: Sir Mick Jagger leaves his daughter Georgia's 16th birthday party at the Cobden club

13th January 2008 06:56 PM
mojoman kidz these days..........
13th January 2008 08:06 PM
fireontheplatter mick looks good

happy birthday to his daughter
13th January 2008 09:21 PM
Mr.D

Poor georgia, nice to see someone as cool to us as jagger can be as typically embarassing a parent to his kids lol
13th January 2008 09:48 PM
The jinn, my friend. /-/e looks like he feels good for the first time in a long time... That he has cleared his mind... And is ready to come back to work...
~^~
13th January 2008 10:30 PM
Bitch MICK is showing off! MICK his ability to dress in ANYTHING and look fantastic - with that tight body and flashing smile, MICK looks 1000x better than L'wren! So are there any pics of the birthday girl Georgia? She is the prettiest daughter IMO. She'll grow up to be a classic beauty, a natural.
13th January 2008 11:17 PM
Bloozehound wtf

did elton john have a wardrobe garage sale
14th January 2008 12:38 AM
Slavegirl Well its happened...he's finally lost it. Haha! I kid...I'd bone him even if he were wearing a gorilla suit with a tutu.
14th January 2008 02:15 AM
Child of the Moon Hey, I think that looks pretty badass, actually. Way to go, Mick.
14th January 2008 07:02 AM
Sioux I was thinking the same thing....a bit like the foppish look the boys all took on in '67, led by Brian.
14th January 2008 09:06 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
moy wrote:
Jagger ruffles feathers at daughter's 16th with Austin Powers outfit
By BETH HALE - More by this author »
Last updated at 20:18pm on 13th January 2008

No one was quite sure whether he was in fancy dress or not.

Looking distinctly Austin Powers, this was Sir Mick Jagger at his daughter Georgia's 16th birthday party on Saturday.

The foppish hair, green velvet suit, dropping white cuffs and ruffled shirt collar could have come straight from the set of the comedy film starring Mike Myers.

The only thing missing to complete the striking resemblance to the bumbling spy - who proved strangely irresistible to women - were the thick-rimmed spectacles.

But perhaps, the Rolling Stones frontman was actually just having a New Romantics moment.

The biggest problem with the costume was that it wasn't quite clear whether it was a costume or not.

Other partygoers at the Cobden club in North London, most of them a few decades younger than Sir Mick, chose a fantasy woodland theme for their costumes.

Several of the male attendees were more subdued, wearing more typical Saturday night attire.

"I couldn't work out whether he was in fancy dress or not," said one onlooker.

"Perhaps he was trying to fit in with the woodland theme. But he just ended up looking like Austin Powers."

Sir Mick, 63, arrived at about 9pm and left with the rest of the partygoers just before midnight.

Hey you! Get off of my flounce: Sir Mick Jagger leaves his daughter Georgia's 16th birthday party at the Cobden club

No big deal..in fact its the latest in zoo required uniforms for all the Girraffe handlers....
14th January 2008 09:28 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Child of the Moon wrote:
Hey, I think that looks pretty badass, actually. Way to go, Mick.

No kidding! They should take a look at what daddy was wearing in the early '70s - makes this outfit look positively subdued!
14th January 2008 10:16 AM
guitarman53
quote:
Sioux wrote:
I was thinking the same thing....a bit like the foppish look the boys all took on in '67, led by Brian.

Right on! The Stones were wearing these type of clothes long before Austin Powers was a gleam in his producers eye.
14th January 2008 10:25 AM
PartyDoll MEG Ruffles are all the rage on the womens "fashion scene" for 2008...

Me thinks this is NOT a costume...
14th January 2008 10:41 AM
Lavendar Lets RRrrrrufffle a few....
Do I make you Horny now- do I?
*_-

I Love it!

Happy Sweet 16th Birthday Georgia!
14th January 2008 12:51 PM
MidnightRambler

14th January 2008 12:56 PM
CrissCrossMind looks like he just got off satge ... from singing Ruby Tuesday ... CCM
14th January 2008 01:01 PM
silvertrainlikesmick I like it!

14th January 2008 01:07 PM
robpop That is something Tom Brady would wear.
14th January 2008 01:07 PM
silvertrainlikesmick
quote:
Slavegirl wrote:
Well its happened...he's finally lost it. Haha! I kid...I'd bone him even if he were wearing a gorilla suit with a tutu.

same here

14th January 2008 01:30 PM
steel driving hammer Now thats the outfit he should of wore on BB!

Instead of the Liberace jacket!

Was it all just crazy fashion? I said Oh Yeah!

Did you live life w/ a passion? I said Oh Yeah!!

Meanwhile, I was still thinking...

14th January 2008 03:16 PM
Paranoid_Android Do you think he pulled that out of his closet...and said..."Wow...haven't worn tis in 30 years...let try it on and see if it fit!"

Do you think Georgia got a car for her 16th?
14th January 2008 03:22 PM
robpop he looks like a phaggit.
14th January 2008 04:10 PM
glencar Rock on , Mick! Just stop letting teh Giant pick out yer clothes!
14th January 2008 04:20 PM
Fiji Joe Played...oh so played

14th January 2008 04:35 PM
luxury1 Why is he always about 700 steps in front of L'wren??

His hair looks great, by the way....
14th January 2008 07:39 PM
Sioux
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
Why is he always about 700 steps in front of L'wren??

His hair looks great, by the way....

Maybe he's trying to lose her...
14th January 2008 11:46 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Sioux wrote:

Maybe he's trying to lose her...

He'd better start taking giant steps then...
15th January 2008 12:53 AM
Sioux
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

He'd better start taking giant steps then...

"Mick, take 12 giant steps." "Mother, may I?" "Yes you may."
15th January 2008 04:45 AM
gypsy Georgia has blossomed into quite the little beauty. Personally, I think she is prettier than Jade. She looks a bit like Brigitte Bardot. She recently signed a contract with Elite Modeling Agency.

[Edited by gypsy]
Page: 1 2

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)