ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Hampden Park, Glasgow - 25th August 2006
© and thanks to Beast
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Tom Waits & Keith Richards Return to archive
12th January 2008 07:17 PM
MemoFromTinaTurner "This song, featured on the album "Bone Machine" by Tom Waits, was written by Keith Richards and Tom Waits. It also features Keith on guitar and backing vocals."

12th January 2008 09:11 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
MemoFromTinaTurner wrote:
"This song, featured on the album "Bone Machine" by Tom Waits, was written by Keith Richards and Tom Waits. It also features Keith on guitar and backing vocals."

Beautiful song. How many more of these types of songs does Keith have in his vault? He's been trending this way for years; just witness the stuff he's brought to latter-day Stones projects. Keith could be like Waits, Neil Young, Nick Lowe, Johnny Cash, etc.: releasing low-key masterpieces because he feels like it. I wonder if, somewhere in his soul, he regrets playing You Got Me Rocking for the thousandth time, instead of giving us more "That Feel"s and "How Can I Stop"s.
12th January 2008 10:20 PM
robpop
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

Beautiful song. How many more of these types of songs does Keith have in his vault? He's been trending this way for years; just witness the stuff he's brought to latter-day Stones projects. Keith could be like Waits, Neil Young, Nick Lowe, Johnny Cash, etc.: releasing low-key masterpieces because he feels like it. I wonder if, somewhere in his soul, he regrets playing You Got Me Rocking for the thousandth time, instead of giving us more "That Feel"s and "How Can I Stop"s.

Brilliantly stated.
13th January 2008 04:58 AM
wellwell Wow. Totally beautiful song, a revelation.

13th January 2008 08:14 AM
Izzyboy if anyone sucks - it's Tom waits............god AWFUL!

Sounds like he's on the shitter when he's singing.
13th January 2008 12:22 PM
open-g Great stuff - thanks for posting.
14th January 2008 05:15 PM
Barney Fife
quote:
Izzyboy wrote:
if anyone sucks - it's Tom waits............god AWFUL!

Sounds like he's on the shitter when he's singing.

Well, then, you could probably start a whole damn thread about how badly the singing of Bob Dylan sucks! (But what would be the point?)

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)