ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Hampden Park, Glasgow - 25th August 2006
© and thanks to Beast
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: How good is Satisfaction? Return to archive Page: 1 2
14th January 2008 05:38 PM
Nasty Habits It's so good I'm playing a different version of it on my radio show every week for the entirety of 2008.

14th January 2008 06:06 PM
PartyDoll MEG First song I can remember that got me interested in the Stones.

So good that every "rock and pop star" always does a cover of it..

It's that good!
14th January 2008 07:35 PM
Sioux
quote:
Mr.D wrote:

its killer live, its a great track, and keith said that that bassline as someone put it wasnt meant to be that at all, he said that it was a demo really, just to show where the horn section would go, but ABKCO or whomever released without their consent

I was the one who mentioned the unusual bass line. That's interesting. I'm glad it was released like that, though, as it is an unexpected bass riff and much better than what they would have done to make it just a usual one.
15th January 2008 12:54 PM
Mr.D

Just saw on rollingstone.com that satisfaction is no2 on greatest songs; surprise surprise like a ROLLING STONE is no.1, ya think they'd be more subtle, no? I dont give rollingstone any credit anyway, Mojo's the only good music magazine
15th January 2008 12:57 PM
Gazza
quote:
Mr.D wrote:

Just saw on rollingstone.com that satisfaction is no2 on greatest songs; surprise surprise like a ROLLING STONE is no.1, ya think they'd be more subtle, no? I dont give rollingstone any credit anyway, Mojo's the only good music magazine

In this case theyre probably right, but if youre going to give your magazine a name, may as well use the same one as the greatest single of all time and the greatest band of all time.
15th January 2008 01:05 PM
Honky Tonk Man It's their most important record. End of.
15th January 2008 02:04 PM
CrissCrossMind I have been bored with it ... in concert upon occasion ... but if only one ... then it's gotta be ... CCM
15th January 2008 04:34 PM
the good The studio version of satisfaction kicks fucking ass. If you don't think so, you don't have refined taste, your not a "real" stones fan, your just an ass. The riff is epic. Epic, I say. It will be played hundreds of years from now, like the opening of the 5th symphony.
15th January 2008 04:52 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
the good wrote:
It will be played hundreds of years from now, like the opening of the 5th symphony.

It's still fresh!!
16th January 2008 03:13 PM
Stonesthrow Best Stones song ever. Also the anthem of an entire generation of disaffected youth.
Page: 1 2

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)