ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Hampden Park, Glasgow - 25th August 2006
© and thanks to Beast
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: How good is Satisfaction? Return to archive Page: 1 2
12th January 2008 10:18 AM
Mr.D

I really am beginning to see the brilliance of this song, its he perfect crowd song thing, the version on disc one on biggest bang DVDs is brilliant, but i only really appreciated it as a whole like street of people singing it when i had a dream that spme guy handed me a flyer with a picture of Brian Jones on it and then i started walkin along and just singin it under my breath u'no and this guy walkin past me starting singing it, then everyone started to, it sounds crazy, but it was cool

what does everyone think of the song?
12th January 2008 10:50 AM
steel driving hammer Satisfaction 69 live.

I don't think music gets much better.
12th January 2008 11:00 AM
Fuck! i hate this song, it's so gay!! can't stand it.... i liked the britney version though
FUCK!
12th January 2008 11:05 AM
steel driving hammer
quote:
Fuck! wrote:
i hate this song, it's so gay!! can't stand it.... i liked the britney version though
FUCK!

Easy solution...

Don't listen to it anymore.
12th January 2008 11:37 AM
Fuck!
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:

Easy solution...

Don't listen to it anymore.

i don't! who does really... i mean, satisfaction??? LMAO!
12th January 2008 11:43 AM
steel driving hammer I know what you mean but I still listen to it (not studio) live just to listen.

12th January 2008 12:54 PM
fireontheplatter satisfaction is a killer. always has been. PERIOD

i like it anyway

never tire of it

i don't blast it first thing in the morning tho
12th January 2008 01:03 PM
sirmoonie ....trying to make some girl, who tells me baby better come back later next week.....

Awesome, one of their best songs, no matter how many times I've heard it.

And the whole story, no matter which version, of Keith dreaming the riff, is all Stones.
12th January 2008 01:13 PM
robpop The song chaged history. That riff alone brought the Berlin Wall down.
12th January 2008 02:54 PM
Sioux And the bass line surprises.....it was a groundbreaking song.
12th January 2008 03:05 PM
CrissCrossMind If your stuck on an island ... or in prison ... and can only have access to one Stones song ... I pick Satisfaction ... if I had a young babe along maybe Start Me Up ... CCM
12th January 2008 03:30 PM
Child of the Moon It's still good enough to bring the house down. I saw this first-hand last night when my band played a gig at a local pub & grill. We play a lot more rootsy, country-ish tunes, but being the resident rock 'n' roller in the band, I managed to cinvince them to do some good, old-fashioned rock tunes. Satisfaction is one of them, and I do my best to sing it and play the riff and all that at the same time. Last night, part-way through the song (which had already recived rapturous applause upon the first notes), my guitar cut out. While still singing it, I tried to correct the problem, which may have just been a connection issue on my fuzz-box. No luck. So i did what comes naturally - I Jagger-Danced. I worked that song like Mick would have, complete with a heavy Les Paul starpped around my shoulders.

And the crowd ate it up. That's all we heard about the rest of the night. And I'm like, "You know that was all brought about by a tech problem, right?"

All I'm saying is, that song still has the power to get people going, no matter how you swing it. I still love it, after all these years.
12th January 2008 03:41 PM
TampabayStone Timeless! Still fresh after all these years.
12th January 2008 03:57 PM
steel driving hammer Well it's timeless, but I don't know about fresh! lol
12th January 2008 04:05 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:
Well it's timeless, but I don't know about fresh! lol

It's FRESH, dammit!

Photobucket
12th January 2008 05:20 PM
Izzyboy The song is totally overrated.
12th January 2008 05:27 PM
steel driving hammer
quote:
Izzyboy wrote:
The song is totally overrated.

Yes, but not really.
12th January 2008 05:29 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
Izzyboy wrote:
The song is totally overrated.

Photobucket
12th January 2008 07:58 PM
mrhipfl The version on the BTB DVD was the first Stones performance I saw that gave me goosebumps. The way Keith plows into the riff after the fireworks, the incredible, simple, short and sweet solo, and the way it ends with the feedback and Keith's awesome stance....
12th January 2008 09:31 PM
Got Me Rockin
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:
The version on the BTB DVD was the first Stones performance I saw that gave me goosebumps. The way Keith plows into the riff after the fireworks, the incredible, simple, short and sweet solo, and the way it ends with the feedback and Keith's awesome stance....

Easily one the best concert intros ever.
12th January 2008 10:58 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
Fuck! wrote:
i hate this song, it's so gay!! can't stand it.... i liked the britney version though
FUCK!

Your first name wouldn't happen to be "Dumb," would it?
13th January 2008 04:23 AM
Fuck!
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:

Your first name wouldn't happen to be "Dumb," would it?

ha ha ha! just try a little harder... and maybe someday you'll be a real comedian...FUCK!
13th January 2008 01:27 PM
speedfreakjive How good is it? well, IMHO its a totally unique tune that when listened to now, is still one of the best pop songs ever written
[Edited by speedfreakjive]
13th January 2008 01:57 PM
ebmp Awesome song... I was at a new year party here in brazil, in Buzios, and right after midnight they started playing a killer live version of this song (don't know which one). The place went nuts!

Incredible how an old song like this can bring a house down
13th January 2008 09:40 PM
guitarman53 I first heard in in '65 on a radio, I never heard anything like that in my life! it gave me goosebumps allright! that fuzztone riff & the singing was different then anything I ever heard, almost threating, I couldn't get enough of it.
Earlier mentioned is the 69 version (in "Gimme Shelter") that is fantastic, I remember going to a movie theatre when it first came out & bringing a tape recorder, & taping it, I think it was about 1970, that's how much I loved it.
13th January 2008 10:57 PM
Bitch It's still a crowd pleaser! Whenever I go to a social function with a DJ, I slip him a few bucks with song request for ROLLING STONES. They usually play Satisfaction, and when the song comes on, even with a room full of geeks and dorks the dance floor fills up and the place gets rocking! Impressive song considering its 40-ish years old!
13th January 2008 11:03 PM
Bloozehound overplayed to death, but it's their signature song, it's the pure essense of the Rolling Stones band
13th January 2008 11:06 PM
robpop
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
overplayed to death, but it's their signature song, it's the pure essense of the Rolling Stones band

Overplayed for a reason
14th January 2008 04:29 PM
luxury1 Oh, it's especially good when Keith starts It's Only RocknRoll, and Mick begins singing Satisfaction!!
14th January 2008 04:35 PM
Mr.D

its killer live, its a great track, and keith said that that bassline as someone put it wasnt meant to be that at all, he said that it was a demo really, just to show where the horn section would go, but ABKCO or whomever released without their consent
Page: 1 2

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)