ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Hampden Park, Glasgow - 25th August 2006
© and thanks to Beast
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Hillary dead!! (nsc) Return to archive
10th January 2008 08:29 PM
stonedinaustralia
Sir Edmund that is..

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,23036851-601,00.html
10th January 2008 08:31 PM
Nellcote SIA, you gave me a spring in my step for a moment.
How I wish Satan was not coming down for breakfast, at least politcally.
Oh well, carry on!
10th January 2008 08:33 PM
Brainbell Jangler I was not caught off guard. Sir Edmund came immediately to mind.
10th January 2008 08:39 PM
pdog People hate Hillary for all the wrong reasons, at least Republicans do. she will carry on the fucked foreign policy of Bush and will actually reduce the size of govt. from what Buash did. She is a clinton and like the Bush family have been bought, and are going to do what these people do, serve those interests.
Seriously, people are fuckin' retarded!!!
10th January 2008 08:42 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:
I was not caught off guard. Sir Edmund came immediately to mind.

Why do hate women?

10th January 2008 08:43 PM
pdog Suck my fuckin' dick...
OooooH!
10th January 2008 08:45 PM
Nellcote It's not only Republicans who dislike her.
Ask Mrs. Vince Foster.
Or, ask the folks who served time for Whitewater.
She's an equal opportunity loser!
10th January 2008 08:49 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
It's not only Republicans who dislike her.
Ask Mrs. Vince Foster.
Or, ask the folks who served time for Whitewater.
She's an equal opportunity loser!

Obama was a pusher...
10th January 2008 08:49 PM
pdog and those bush's, they are so good!
ahahahaha
10th January 2008 09:00 PM
Nellcote If you like the Bushes, that's fine.

10th January 2008 09:03 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
pdog wrote:
and those bush's, they are so good!
ahahahaha

Why do you hate black people?
10th January 2008 09:07 PM
pdog
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Why do you hate black people?

i hate the smell of old black women, that greasey fried food smell smell. i hate fat black girls who walk out into traffic and then get all in your face about it. i hate black guys who when with a group of friends think it is cool to be all in your face. i like old black men, the ones that hate white people, those dudes i like.
10th January 2008 09:12 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
pdog wrote:

i hate the smell of old black women, that greasey fried food smell smell. i hate fat black girls who walk out into traffic and then get all in your face about it. i hate black guys who when with a group of friends think it is cool to be all in your face. i like old black men, the ones that hate white people, those dudes i like.

10th January 2008 09:12 PM
fireontheplatter rest in peace sir edmond hillary

i saw this man in nyc during a lecture show some years back. i didn't get to meet him or shake his hand.

it is a big loss for the climbing world.
being and avid rock climber/mountaineer myself i can totally appreciate his accomplishments

imagine back in 1953 when he fist climbed everest. their clothing was primitive and they had limited radio communications when him and tenzing were way the fuck up there....unbelieveable. hats off to him and tenzing who died a few years back. the guy had balls. way to go guys
10th January 2008 09:15 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
pdog wrote:

The way you type, I'd swear u was black...but I've seen you naked...you could pass as one of them high yella brothers if you was at the derby...but you wouldn't last half an hour at freaknik
10th January 2008 09:36 PM
tumbled Did you know fireontheplatter dave climbed El Capitan when he was a mere boy?? and was a sponsored climber in his 20's?

yes..
here is why dave now lives in new paltz: (castle rock in the shawungunks)

and inspired by the man who climbed Mt. Everest in 1952(?)

The Hillary Step will never be the same!

but at 88! he is an awesome survivor and inspiration.

Tributes pour in for Sir Edmund Hillary
Email Print Normal font Large font January 11, 2008 - 1:09PM

Advertisement
AdvertisementTributes are pouring in for Sir Edmund Hillary, the New Zealander who became the first man to reach the top of Mt Everest.

Sir Edmund died at Auckland Hospital about 9am (7am AEDT) of a heart attack, the Auckland District Health Board said in a statement.

It said he had been unwell for some time.

New Zealand Prime Minister Helen Clark remembered Hillary, who died aged 88, as a "colossus".

"He was a quintessential Kiwi. He was ours - from his craggy appearance and laconic style to his directness and honesty. All New Zealanders will deeply mourn his passing," Clark said.

"Sir Ed described himself as an average New Zealander with modest abilities.

"In reality, he was a colossus. He was an heroic figure who not only 'knocked off' Everest but lived a life of determination, humility, and generosity."

Other New Zealand politicians also expressed their sadness at the passing of the legendary mountain climber.

The leader of New Zealand's main opposition National Party, John Key, said the story of Hillary's life would be inspirational for generations.

"Sir Edmund was hugely proud to be a New Zealander and we were proud to call him one of us," Key said.

Green Party co-leader Jeanette Fitzsimons said Hillary "embodied the spirit of Kiwi ingenuity".

"He gave back so much to the people of Nepal with his work in education and health, and he ably represented New Zealand to the rest of the world," she said.

The leader of the ACT Party Rodney Hide said Hillary showed New Zealand's can-do attitude and was one of the country's greatest icons.

Progressive Party leader Jim Anderton said Hillary underlined the best of the country's national character.

"What made him a great New Zealander was his refusal to rest on his laurels as he might easily have done," Anderton said.

"Instead, he saw a need on the part of the sherpa mountain people of Nepal and devoted his long life to doing something practical about it."

New Zealand Governor-General Anand Satyanand said Hillary would be mourned throughout the world.

"The loss of Sir Edmund is a loss for all those who sought to improve our world," Satyanand said.

"Through his many achievements in the Himalayas, Nepal, Antarctica, India and elsewhere, Sir Edmund was an important role model. He was a leader who showed how to set goals and achieve them."

The chief of the New Zealand Alpine Club Ollie Clifton Hillary was a mountaineering legend who inspired many others.

"It is his humanitarian achievements and how he expressed those that will leave him as the most famous New Zealander," Clifton said of the man who was a life member and ex-president of the club.

New Zealand apiarists also mourned the loss of Sir Edmund, who they said was the country's most famous beekeeper.

"Beekeepers have always been proud to count Sir Edmund Hillary as one of their own," said the chair of New Zealand's Federated Farmers Bees, John Hartnell.

"Sir Edmund Hillary began life following in his father's footsteps as a beekeeper and funded his early climbing expeditions from his living collecting honey."

New Zealand's cricket team will wear black arm bands and observe a minute's silence along with the crowd before play starts on day one of the second test against Bangladesh at the Basin Reserve in Wellington.

© 2008 AAP

[Edited by tumbled]
[Edited by tumbled]
[Edited by tumbled]
11th January 2008 10:33 AM
fireontheplatter
quote:
tumbled wrote:
Did you know fireontheplatter dave climbed El Capitan when he was a mere boy?? and was a sponsored climber in his 20's?

yes..
here is why dave now lives in new paltz: (castle rock in the shawungunks)

actually this is not castle rock it is called skytop and it is about 5-6 miles outside of new paltz town. also on this piece of land is the old historic hotel know as mohonk.
there is a climb called sound a fury which tackles the cracks and overhangs on the right side of the photo. it is rated 5.8 which is concidered moderate. i have done it may times.

i recommend a weekend here to anyone. great outdoor activities and awesome restaurants.

get down jimmy
11th January 2008 11:01 AM
glencar
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:
I was not caught off guard. Sir Edmund came immediately to mind.

Well, you are elite!
11th January 2008 11:03 AM
glencar in re Hillary: He's the fella the better-known Hillary was named for. He made his climb in the 1950's & she was born in the 1940's but the Clintoon's have always had trouble with math.
11th January 2008 11:04 AM
glencar Oh and RIP Sir Edmund...
11th January 2008 02:48 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Oh and RIP Sir Edmund...

blue ......................

' glencar ' is a waterfall in Burma ( central )
11th January 2008 07:21 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Obama was a pusher...

Was Dubya one of his customers?
11th January 2008 07:21 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
glencar wrote:
Well, you are elite!

No, just alert.
11th January 2008 07:22 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
Why do hate women?

An astonishing non sequitur even by your standards.
11th January 2008 08:19 PM
gypsy
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

The way you type, I'd swear u was black...but I've seen you naked...you could pass as one of them high yella brothers if you was at the derby...but you wouldn't last half an hour at freaknik

And I'll bet you're a real hit with the brothers.
*rolls eyes*
11th January 2008 11:00 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
gypsy wrote:

And I'll bet you're a real hit with the brothers.
*rolls eyes*

I bet you're a real hit with the crazy brothers...

http://www.maxlugar.com/forum/detail.asp?Id=127431&archives=1

12th January 2008 10:22 AM
lotsajizz Why do you keep posting links to a dead site...three (3) hits a day!!

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)