ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Hampden Park, Glasgow - 25th August 2006
© and thanks to Beast
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones at Inauguration? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
4th January 2008 04:16 PM
glencar Huckabee's biggest problem is that he doesn't have enough money.
4th January 2008 04:23 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
glencar wrote:
Huckabee's biggest problem is that he doesn't have enough money.

I suspect the DLM will build him up in hopes of him winning the GOP nod...and then tear him apart as a bible thumping kook if he wins...I can't see him winning after the beat down he will receive...that leaves the mormon, the anglican/episcopalian and the beaver as having the only real shot of beating who I think will be Billary...McCain is probably the best choice, but he's so out of shape he can't lift his arms over his head so that's gonna really hurt him with photo ops
4th January 2008 05:19 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

I suspect the DLM will build him up in hopes of him winning the GOP nod...and then tear him apart as a bible thumping kook if he wins...I can't see him winning after the beat down he will receive...that leaves the mormon, the anglican/episcopalian and the beaver as having the only real shot of beating who I think will be Billary...McCain is probably the best choice, but he's so out of shape he can't lift his arms over his head so that's gonna really hurt him with photo ops

Er, the lack of arm/shoulder mobility came courtesy of the Viet Cong.
4th January 2008 05:24 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

Er, the lack of arm/shoulder mobility came courtesy of the Viet Cong.

And you believe this?...You voted for Perot didn't you?
4th January 2008 08:09 PM
glencar I wanted McCain in 2000. I had already discounted him this time around but I'm glad to see that he's this year's actual Comeback Kid. BTW Can you imagine the poor fool who'll have to pay the new lamp bill at the Clinton "home"? You just know she's on a weekend-long rampage.
4th January 2008 08:11 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
glencar wrote:
I wanted McCain in 2000. I had already discounted him this time around but I'm glad to see that he's this year's actual Comeback Kid. BTW Can you imagine the poor fool who'll have to pay the new lamp bill at the Clinton "home"? You just know she's on a weekend-long rampage.

Crazy psychotic bitch on a rampage?...Does she post here?
4th January 2008 08:20 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
Sioux wrote:
Ok, so, basically there's nobody worth voting for again this year.....? SIGH......I always vote, though. National. Local. The whole bit. I feel it's an immense privilege. It's just so depressing when I go to vote to keep someone OUT of office, as opposed to voting someone IN..

Are you kiddin' me? Did you see Barack's speech last night? This is someone I actually know (if not well). He's a good man. This country deserves someone of his quality after the last 7 years.
4th January 2008 08:24 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

And you believe this?...You voted for Perot didn't you?

Man, where's that picture of the sphincter when you need it?
4th January 2008 08:32 PM
glencar
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:

Are you kiddin' me? Did you see Barack's speech last night? This is someone I actually know (if not well). He's a good man. This country deserves someone of his quality after the last 7 years.

I would never vote for someone who has already announced that he's going to raise my taxes. I don't care what kind of speechifying he can do. I missed his speech but I did catch Huckabee's speech & I actually thought it was good but he's my least fave GOPer.
4th January 2008 08:33 PM
glencar
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Crazy psychotic bitch on a rampage?...Does she post here?

I just spilled the Diet Pepsi I was drinking!
4th January 2008 08:44 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
glencar wrote:
I would never vote for someone who has already announced that he's going to raise my taxes. I don't care what kind of speechifying he can do. I missed his speech but I did catch Huckabee's speech & I actually thought it was good but he's my least fave GOPer.

"Taxes are the price we pay for civilization."--Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.

I understand that you Republicans consider civilization to be overrated and overpriced. I recognize that you would like to return us all to a Hobbesian state of nature as soon as you get your gated communities built and your private mercenary armies staffed. I opt for a grander vision of human potential.

Special bonus points for anyone who knows what Justice Holmes, Senator Obama and I have in common.
4th January 2008 08:47 PM
glencar I pay over $50K in taxes. That's enough civilization on my part. You so crazy about taxes, you fucking volunteer to pay more. Leave my money alone.
[Edited by glencar]
[Edited by glencar]
4th January 2008 09:05 PM
pdog You guys need to stop fighting about taxes and realize where exactly it goes and why we pay income tax. It is one thing to work a third of the year for free and another to have it really be a form of slavery!!!
4th January 2008 09:20 PM
glencar
quote:
pdog wrote:
You guys need to stop fighting about taxes and realize where exactly it goes and why we pay income tax. It is one thing to work a third of the year for free and another to have it really be a form of slavery!!!

A third? LOL If only!
4th January 2008 11:20 PM
Sioux
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:

No, didn't hear his speech last night. It's college football bowl game time! He's a good talker, but I don't think he's done much as a Senator. Don't know about his knowledge and experience. I know it's mostly about the people you surround yourself with, but.....well, I'm sure I'll get quite "edumacated" about all the potential candidates in the next several months...oy
5th January 2008 01:21 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:

Special bonus points for anyone who knows what Justice Holmes, Senator Obama and I have in common.

All of you are pretentious elitist blowholes who never worked a real job in your lives...
5th January 2008 01:26 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Sioux wrote:

No, didn't hear his speech last night. It's college football bowl game time! He's a good talker, but I don't think he's done much as a Senator. Don't know about his knowledge and experience. I know it's mostly about the people you surround yourself with, but.....well, I'm sure I'll get quite "edumacated" about all the potential candidates in the next several months...oy

The overwhelming majority of Obama supporters have no idea what he stands for or how he plans on going about accomplishing his platform promises of "hope"...It doesn't take any Harvard grad to figure out that if you take lots of money from hard-working people, you can accomplish some good...it does, however, take someone who did not attend Harvard to figure out that the consequences of said good
5th January 2008 10:45 AM
the good
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
Observer: He's with the band
By Andrew Ward
Financial Times
Published: January 2 2008 02:00

Iowa Republicans appear to have found many good reasons to vote for Mike Huckabee, given his late surge in state opinion polls.

But perhaps the most clear-cut is that he would stage the best inauguration ceremony. The former Arkansas governor, a keen bass guitar player, has promised to invite the Rolling Stones to play at the event if elected president.

Huckabee is already on good terms with the veteran British rockers after meeting them at a concert in Little Rock last year. Keith Richards told Huckabee, then governor, of a driving conviction he had received in Arkansas three decades earlier. Before leaving office, Huckabee issued the legendary guitarist with an official pardon.

His love of music invites parallels with the last son of Arkansas to become president. Just as Bill Clinton's saxophone helped endear him to voters, Huckabee often brings out his guitar on the campaign trail.

Images of him plucking at his bass for his amateur band, Capitol Offence, have become a staple of the media's coverage of his campaign, helping widen his appeal beyond his Christian conservative base.

Huckabee is probably already dreaming of joining the Stones on stage in January 2009. But don't expect to see him grooving like Mick Jagger. As a Southern Baptist and former preacher, he is a reluctant dancer.

Huckabee is a great politician. He's very personable, funny, and verbal. The guy loves the stones and plays the monty python theme song at his rallies. But his spending as govenor was out of control and he answers the question "do you believe in evolution?" with the pathetic "I wasn't there and neither were you, so we really can't know, can we?". I don't somebody who is that ignorant to be in the white house.
5th January 2008 10:47 AM
the good
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
Who's gonna vote for this guy?...Isn't he a mormon or some shit?...Whatever...look at this cat...he just looks like a loon...

[Edited by Fiji Joe]

I am.
5th January 2008 11:24 AM
akula You belive everything the media spews at ya, don't you. Ron Paul is NOT as isolationist - he advocates free trade, travel, and diplomacy with all nations NOT Isolationism. If you are going to make outlandish statements make sure you fact check them first. You must enjoy the welfare state, but realize it is not going to last. The spending is out of control and every candidate is going to INCREASE spending until the point of a dollar collapse and an complete economic downturn. End the war on drugs. End the war in Iraq. End the IRS.

You are foolish for blindly accepting what the media tells you. looks the American people are falling for it fucking hook line and sinker. Sad.
5th January 2008 11:30 AM
lotsajizz Ron Paul is too smart for the American public to elect him.
5th January 2008 11:32 AM
glencar McCain has a record of budget cutting. Huckabee wants to eliminate the IRS. I'm sure Dr. Paul is a nice feller & all but he doesn't have a shot.
5th January 2008 12:34 PM
gimmekeef Would you trust any of these blowhard fuckwads with your last nickle?
5th January 2008 12:34 PM
Sioux I know....and I've been reading about Ron Paul and I just may have to do a write in vote this year! lol
5th January 2008 12:35 PM
glencar Well, you have to have someone do it & my money's on McCain. Literally.
6th January 2008 08:47 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

All of you are pretentious elitist blowholes who never worked a real job in your lives...

I'm sorry, that is incorrect. All three of us have held "real" jobs. Justice Holmes worked as a lawyer and law professor before becoming a judge. What's that? Professor isn't a real job, you say? I'm not surprised at your disdain for education. But Justice Holmes also fought in the Civil War and was wounded three times (Swift Boat that, doofus!). Are you saying soldier isn't a "real job"? Why do you hate our troops?

Senator Obama worked as a lawyer, lecturer at law and community organizer, but I suppose none of those are "real" jobs. He also worked at Business International Corporation, however. What's more "real" than a corporation to a corporate dupe like you?

My "real" jobs: Dishwasher, busboy, waiter, bartender, janitor, retail salesman, newspaper proofreader, tutor, library worker, apple picker, telemarketer, fundraiser, child care worker.

And I must take exception to your continued misuse of the term "elitist." An elitist is someone who believes special privileges should be granted on the basis of class status; someone, for example, like George W. Bush: "Some call you the elite; I call you my base." I am a meritocrat (also called a Bonapartist). I don't think I'm better than you because of some accomplishment of my grandfather or great-great-great-great-great-grandfather. I know I'm better than you because of my own accomplishments and because of the manifest superiority of both my intellectual capacity and my compassion for my less-fortunate fellow humans.
6th January 2008 08:55 PM
glencar And there you have it, folks. BJ is better than us because he's more compassionate. LOL No, no one would ever call you elite.
6th January 2008 09:05 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:

I know I'm better than you because of my own accomplishments and because of the manifest superiority of both my intellectual capacity and my compassion for my less-fortunate fellow humans.

Those words just exude small wee weeness

[Edited by Fiji Joe]
6th January 2008 09:06 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
glencar wrote:
And there you have it, folks. BJ is better than us because he's more compassionate. LOL No, no one would ever call you elite.

Elitists are always the last to know
6th January 2008 09:48 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Those words just exude small wee weeness

[Edited by Fiji Joe]

Ouch! Cut down by the ultimate middle-school comeback! Nuthin' like the classics, eh, doofus?
Page: 1 2 3 4

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)