ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

Savvis Centre, St.Louis, Mo - January 27 2006
© Karen Elshout thanks moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Gimme Shelter w/Mick Taylor Return to archive
January 23rd, 2006 04:42 PM
star star ive heard that MT does a fantastic gimme shelter with the use of a wah pedal during the solo i think people have said its in australia, 1973? is it good and were good i find it? thanks!!
January 23rd, 2006 04:51 PM
voodoopug
quote:
star star wrote:
ive heard that MT does a fantastic gimme shelter with the use of a wah pedal during the solo i think people have said its in australia, 1973? is it good and were good i find it? thanks!!

Also, check out the Brussells Afair disk...especially around the 1:47 mark!
January 23rd, 2006 04:53 PM
Saint Sway Taylor was the greatest. But Lisa now owns this tune.
January 23rd, 2006 04:54 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
star star wrote:
ive heard that MT does a fantastic gimme shelter with the use of a wah pedal during the solo i think people have said its in australia, 1973? is it good and were good i find it? thanks!!

Yes, thanks to Zack, ive just recieved it in the post; and its excellent. Brilliant wah wah solo, and an interesting variation in the drums by Charlie. I'll post a copy if you want.
January 23rd, 2006 04:58 PM
star star that would be great mr. jive, if you would be so kind
January 23rd, 2006 05:00 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
star star wrote:
that would be great mr. jive, if you would be so kind

lol, thats a good abbreviation!!
no problem,just Private Message me with your address.
Regards
Mr Jive.
January 23rd, 2006 05:42 PM
Paranoid_Android Phil Lesh & Friends (fall/winter 2005) do a great version too,,,check out Bos Dec 2 (?) , 2005
January 23rd, 2006 08:23 PM
texile
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Taylor was the greatest. But Lisa now owns this tune.

true and she's good, but it will never BELONG to her....
January 23rd, 2006 10:29 PM
jpenn11
quote:
star star wrote:
ive heard that MT does a fantastic gimme shelter with the use of a wah pedal during the solo i think people have said its in australia, 1973?

Perth, 2/24/73, is likely to be the one you are referring to.

I believe he also used the pedal for GS in the recorded Birmingham '73 show.

January 24th, 2006 03:52 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Gimme Shelter belongs to nobody but TAYLOR. His solos make that song.
Lisa's voice is on its way out. She cant handle the song as well as she could on B2B. IMO
January 24th, 2006 12:31 PM
doo doo doo Dude Best Taylor solo is from Philadelphia Special '72. Absolutly spine tingling!

January 24th, 2006 01:05 PM
gimmekeef Yes Taylor played magnificently live on GS...BUT..its Keith's song..read the credits on Let It Bleed...Keith plays all seven guitar tracks....
January 24th, 2006 02:10 PM
texile
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Yes Taylor played magnificently live on GS...BUT..its Keith's song..read the credits on Let It Bleed...Keith plays all seven guitar tracks....

true - but like ycagwyw, MT turned the live version into something else.....something BIGGER.
January 24th, 2006 03:18 PM
gimmekeef Always thought Taylors best live contributions (among many) were Gimme/Angie/Love in Vain/Dancin With Mr D...For me the best YCAGWYW was with Ronnie in 75...(see the LA boot series)...
January 24th, 2006 03:23 PM
riffkeither it's one of the best sounding i ever heard from the australian tour 1973
the first chorus still is mised cause a problem on the wha wha but still he got the sound Taylor is doing his best and whaooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
January 24th, 2006 04:35 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Always thought Taylors best live contributions (among many) were Gimme/Angie/Love in Vain/Dancin With Mr D...For me the best YCAGWYW was with Ronnie in 75...(see the LA boot series)...

I agree, but his additions and solo's to Midnight Rambler (69&73 in particular)also have to be up there for me.

72 Philadelphia Special Gimme Shelter ; I wasn't expecting that good a solo!
[Edited by speedfreakjive]
January 24th, 2006 08:46 PM
texile
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
For me the best YCAGWYW was with Ronnie in 75...(see the LA boot series)...

ahh - that i can't abid by....
i love ronnie but that song became a mess with him...it was torturous to listen to...
listen to the nyc 72 or australia 73 versions and write that AGAIN gimme - i CHALLENGE you!

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)