ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

Savvis Centre, St.Louis, Mo - January 27 2006
© Karen Elshout thanks moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Four Flicks Question Return to archive
January 23rd, 2006 03:38 PM
mrhipfl In the documentary, during the part where Mick talks about the stage and how they improved it over the years and stuff, there are these brief clips of Mick performing and coming out of a cage and beating a giant blow-up dragon and entering its mouth. Did they actually do that during a concert? What Tour? It's pretty embarassing, no?
January 23rd, 2006 03:39 PM
speedfreakjive I think the cage was No Security 1999, but not 100%
[Edited by speedfreakjive]
January 23rd, 2006 03:42 PM
Dan The cage was only used twice in 1999, at the first show in Oakland on 1/25/99 and I think Denver a week later. During Out Of Control the cage would lower and Mick would pop out of the stage inside the cage.
January 23rd, 2006 03:46 PM
CraigP The blowup dragon/dog (whatever the hell it was) was from the 89/90 tour(s) as seen on the Live At The Max DVD version of SFM.

[Edited by CraigP]
January 23rd, 2006 04:10 PM
voodoopug
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:
In the documentary, during the part where Mick talks about the stage and how they improved it over the years and stuff, there are these brief clips of Mick performing and coming out of a cage and beating a giant blow-up dragon and entering its mouth. Did they actually do that during a concert? What Tour? It's pretty embarassing, no?

Not as humiliating as "the Salt Lake Incident", but tragic nonetheless...at least Mick admits that the cage was a horrible idea and knew to get rid of it right away. The last stage prop that truly worked was the inflatable penis...although some argue the cherry picker in 1981-1982 was effective too. the last "almost good idea" was the trap door in 1994.
January 23rd, 2006 05:06 PM
Gazza
quote:
CraigP wrote:
The blowup dragon/dog (whatever the hell it was) was from the 89/90 tour(s) as seen on the Live At The Max DVD version of SFM.

[Edited by CraigP]

just the 1990 European "Urban Jungle" leg, and it was during SF Man as you correctly point out.
January 23rd, 2006 05:33 PM
Paranoid_Android I thought this years Infatable flower tongue was pretty lame...especially when it failed to expand all the way in Charlottesville...looked like an old person who just lost their dentures and was doing that sucking/lip smacking thing.
January 23rd, 2006 05:36 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Paranoid_Android wrote:
I thought this years Infatable flower tongue was pretty lame...especially when it failed to expand all the way in Charlottesville...looked like an old person who just lost their dentures and was doing that sucking/lip smacking thing.

that was humiliating!
January 23rd, 2006 05:59 PM
corgi37 That inflatable dog was stupid. It had these huge red balls (nuts, gonads etc), and Jagger would smack the balls with a big pole, then get "eaten". It was stupid, but then again, so was his haircut in 89/90.

The Barcelona show showed this dog testicle smacking incident really well.
January 23rd, 2006 10:50 PM
Zack
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Not as humiliating as "the Salt Lake Incident", but tragic nonetheless...

What was the Salt Lake Incident?
January 24th, 2006 08:59 AM
StickyFishFingers I'm sure I read somewhere that Charlie designed or co-designed that horrible dog thing.
January 24th, 2006 09:11 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Zack wrote:

What was the Salt Lake Incident?

We refuse to talk about that here.
"It never happened Ronnie!!"
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)