ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

Savvis Centre, St.Louis, Mo - January 27 2006
© Karen Elshout thanks moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Super Bowl 56% Say They Wont Watch Stones! Return to archive
January 23rd, 2006 01:46 PM
gimmekeef An ESPN online poll (with 64,000 votes so far) says 56% will not watch the Stones at half time....Too drunk???..or worried about Rain Falling Down????.....Detroit is another humilation brewing....
January 23rd, 2006 03:00 PM
deuce Sadly, the general public don't take the Stones seriously these days. Aside from that, recent publicity stints don't help. See the "Salt Lake Incident" (Credit to Mr. Pug for coining the ever-so-classic phrase).
January 23rd, 2006 03:10 PM
Stray Cat UK What was the "Salt Lake incident" ?
January 23rd, 2006 03:15 PM
deuce We don't like to speak of it
January 23rd, 2006 03:18 PM
Dick Bush That's exactly what I'm saying myself, but you don't worry - I'll be watching them for sure!
[Edited by Dick Bush]
January 23rd, 2006 03:20 PM
Gimme Shelter Yeah well I bet if the half time show was 50 Cent or some other rap shit they would watch it.STONES RULE!!! GREATEST HALFTIME SHOW OF ALL TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
January 23rd, 2006 03:24 PM
Gazza
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
An ESPN online poll (with 64,000 votes so far) says 56% will not watch the Stones at half time....Too drunk???..or worried about Rain Falling Down????.....Detroit is another humilation brewing....

and 60% of Stones fans wont watch the game, just the half-time!
January 23rd, 2006 03:28 PM
Riffhard It's a ESPN poll! BFD!! I could give two shits who watches the Stones during halftime. If the game is anything like the the games yesterday the Stones will be the most exciting aspect by leaps and bounds anyway. The most boring football I watched all year was yesterday even though the teams I wanted to win did,in fact,win. Boring!

Riffy
January 23rd, 2006 03:36 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Stray Cat UK wrote:
What was the "Salt Lake incident" ?

it was one of our lowest points...only redeemed when it was released that we crushed U2 in gross ticket sales!!!!!

Many fear humiliation on the largest scale possible...this is probably their largest audience ever.....we all know what happens when tv is involved (see Whoopie Goldberg, Salt Lake Incident, etc)
January 23rd, 2006 03:39 PM
GimmeExile
quote:
Gazza wrote:

and 60% of Stones fans wont watch the game, just the half-time!

Exactly! I never watch the Super Bowl. I'm only interested in seeing the Stones.
January 23rd, 2006 03:43 PM
CraigP When, exactly, did the incident take place?
ESPN is for sports junkies. It seems as if most sports freaks aren't into the best music. For example that dumb song da da da HEY! chant. They won't watch the half-time because they are so affixed on the tv screen that when half time rolls around (pardon the pun) they will go piss and grab more chips and beer. It's not like they will turn the tv off during the show, they will just not pay much attention to the screen. I'm not dissing the sports fan... Afterall, I only wan't to watch the half-time show because of the Stones. Who cares about the rest and these filler polls?
January 23rd, 2006 03:46 PM
Jumping Jack 44% is probably higher than normal. Halftime is for taking a piss, getting more beer, kissing the wife so she doesn't get too pissed at being ignored, getting another bowl of chili, plate of wings and some pizza. Burp, back in time for the second half.

Since this one will be over by halftime, we can watch the Stones and a replay, then do the above tasks, watch the Stones replays a few more times and then watch Seattle's 4th and 5th turnovers to start the 4th quarter.
January 23rd, 2006 04:07 PM
pdog Jagger says he will show both breasts...
January 23rd, 2006 04:17 PM
voodoopug
quote:
pdog wrote:
Jagger says he will show both breasts...

I expose my breasts (as a big/tall man, this has lasting effect) annually at the super bowl since the late nineties.
January 23rd, 2006 04:31 PM
Saint Sway I will watch.

granted, I will be curled up in the fetus position in the corner of the room behind the couch, buried under a blanket and nervously peering out at the tv screen with one eye closed, clutching rosary beeds and praying that they dont perform RFD and, thus, permanantly embarrass themselves for life in front of millions.

but, nonetheless, I will be watching.
January 23rd, 2006 04:58 PM
gimmekeef Its Keith in high definition I'm worried about.The glare from his collection of fishing lures.....
January 23rd, 2006 05:01 PM
zonked77 Unfortunately I'll be working on SB Sunday so I won't be able to catch half-time. The ONLY thing that would have me watching the SB would be for half-time this year.

Who cares what a bunch of sport nuts are talking about? They're probaly more worried about their SB bets going wrong lol.

Tiffani
January 23rd, 2006 05:30 PM
pdog Thank god for DVR's... I'll see the game despite having to work during the event...
January 23rd, 2006 09:08 PM
Some Guy Go Steelers
January 23rd, 2006 09:35 PM
pdog Fuck both teams... I wish they'd both lose...
January 23rd, 2006 10:12 PM
lotsajizz me too, I'd love a 3-3 tie after six OT's

January 23rd, 2006 10:15 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl "Super Bowl 56% Say They Wont Watch Stones!"

Here's

"Super Bowl 96% Say They Will Watch Stones only!"
January 24th, 2006 01:05 AM
gorda
quote:
pdog wrote:
Thank god for DVR's... I'll see the game despite having to work during the event...

I thought you worked in bar?

Aren't they going to be watching the game at the bar?
January 24th, 2006 02:08 AM
Brainbell Jangler 60% of polled ESPN viewers won't watch the Stones? Sounds about right for that crowd. Now, correlate that result with the percentage of their audience who voted for G.W. Bush and you'll see why some of us believe Stones fandom is incompatible with reactionary politics.
January 24th, 2006 02:09 AM
Brainbell Jangler Right. 56%.
January 24th, 2006 06:28 PM
Soldatti I never watched the Super Bowl, I don't understand that sport or any of the American sports except the NBA. I'm a football (soccer) man.
January 24th, 2006 09:22 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
An ESPN online poll (with 64,000 votes so far) says 56% will not watch the Stones at half time....Too drunk???..or worried about Rain Falling Down????.....Detroit is another humilation brewing....

Yeah, and there are all pansies.

All real men will be hucking suds, watching the Steelers paste the Seahawks, and gearing up some fine Stones action. Thats what real men do. Fuck the rest of those fuckers.
January 24th, 2006 09:31 PM
Nellcote I will remain true to the AFC.
The Stones will rule.
January 24th, 2006 09:40 PM
pdog I wonder if those same 56% also watch NASCAR?
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)